GeForce GTX 960 Appears in Import Shipment Record

Unconfirmed details about unannounced graphics cards can be found in the most unusual places. The latest tidbits on the GeForce GTX 960, for example, come from Zauba, "home to India's import and export data." Searching the site for "GTX 960 graphics card" reveals an import shipment record that appears to include key specifications for the upcoming product

ejd7ax.jpg

According to the shipment record, the GTX 960 will have 4GB of RAM and a 256-bit memory interface. The "993/6008" likely references the GPU and memory clocks, but it's unclear whether the former is the base or boost speed. For comparison, the GTX 970 has 1050MHz base and 1178MHz boost clocks, while the GTX 980 runs at 1126/1216MHz. Both of those cards also have 4GB of GDDR5 memory grafted to a 256-bit interface, but they enjoy a higher 7 GT/s memory transfer rate.

The evidence suggests that the GTX 960 uses the same Maxwell-based GM204 GPU as its big brothers. Unfortunately, the shipping entry doesn't detail the number of active shader units. Odds are the GTX 960 has fewer than the 1664 shader processors firing inside the GTX 970.

According to the manifest, the GTX 960 will have DisplayPort, HDMI, and dual DVI outputs. The 10-card shipment's per-unit price is listed as 15,474 Indian rupees, which translates to $256 USD—roughly what we'd expect for a mid-range card destined to supplant the current GTX 760.

Source: http://techreport.com/news/27343/geforce-gtx-960-appears-in-import-shipment-record

Everyone has been asking for it, and looks like the card has finally been spotted. "If you build it, they will come" 

Repost.

Repost.

does this count as backseat moderating? xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well that sucks. A LOT.

If there's going to be a 960 that crushes my dream of a 970 MARS.

Aborting hype for anything from this generation. 390x better be good.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

About damned time.

JUST GIVE IT THE FUCKING REFERENCE COOLER FROM THE 970 AND 980 YE BASTARDS! >.<

Sick of ugly as shit looking low end gear.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

If this card scales up like the other 900 series cards, I will be so happy.

NEXT CARD PURCHASE HYPE!

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB 960 ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

So it will offer GTX 770 performance for 760 price,right?Still getting an MSI 280X because it's already available.Also I am getting it next week because I just sold my 7950.

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

So it will offer GTX 770 performance for 760 price,right?Still getting an MSI 280X because it's already available.Also I am getting it next week because I just sold my 7950.

7950 to 280x is barley a upgrade considering you can overclock it like a champ

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

7950 to 280x is barley a upgrade considering you can overclock it like a champ

I swear to God this is the 15th time Ihave togive a backstory about the reason of upgrading.The previous owner of the 7950 almost killed it with cryptocurrency mining and it worked well for a month and then it started to slowly die by giving random crashes every.single.fucking.day. and I just sent it to its new owner, now I'm waiting for the cash.Also just ordered my 280X and it might arrive tomorrow or monday

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

So wait they need to do this why? 

Gtx 970m is a gtx 960 in a nutshell almost. 1280cores and all that jazz.. I want one before christmas. or i'll settle for a 280x/290.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

i cant help but think that its a mistaken gtx 760. its the clock speeds that really got to me. i saw a zotac gtx 760 4gb with the exact same specs. 993 mhz clock, 6008 mhz ram speed, hdmi, display port, and 2 dvi ports, 256 bit :( sigh

http://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Express-DisplayPort-Graphics-ZT-70406-10P/dp/B00E9O28DU

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

i cant help but think that its a mistaken gtx 760. its the clock speeds that really got to me. i saw a zotac gtx 760 4gb with the exact same specs. 993 mhz clock, 6008 mhz ram speed, hdmi, display port, and 2 dvi ports, 256 bit :( sigh

http://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Express-DisplayPort-Graphics-ZT-70406-10P/dp/B00E9O28DU

Why would a 960 have a higher bit bus than the higher end cards? It just wouldn't be smart.

I doubt it would be a 760.

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB 960 ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

Why would a 960 have a higher bit bus than the higher end cards? It just wouldn't be smart.

I doubt it would be a 760.

first line completely lossed me to what i was saying, wrong quote?

and the only info we dont know from this india shipment is the processor count, all other details are exactly the same like the GTX 760 i mentioned, bus width, ports, memory clock, core clock, ram size, all the same. and let's say it was a 960 on the grounds that we dont know the processor count, it looks like it may not surpass a 770 but be inbetween 760 and 770

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply