Better graphics performance in SLI with 16gb ram instead of 8gb?

I'm about to do a GTX 970 SLI, and i was wondering if jumping to 16gb of ram (from 8gb) will increase performance, or "be worthy" to pay for.

Btw: I have an i7-4770k and a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H motherboard.

Corsair vengeance PRO or G.skill Trident-X?

It will only increase performance if you actually use more then 8GB of RAM.

If you only game, you don't need 16GB.

"Rawr XD"

Only if you're using all of your RAM and there's not enough left for your games. Also RAM is RAM, get the ones that you like the most and carry on.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm about to do a GTX 970 SLI, and i was wondering if jumping to 16gb of ram (from 8gb) will increase performance, or "be worthy" to pay for.

Btw: I have an i7-4770k and a Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H motherboard.

Corsair vengeance PRO or G.skill Trident-X?

There was a benchmark conducted by Anandtech that shows multi-GPU configurations benefiting from higher frequency RAM, as apposed to more than 8GB of RAM.

The gains are very minimal though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I recommend 1866mhz as the sweet spot for gaming if there is no iGPU/APU used, many tech youtubers recommend the same.

Usually 1866mhz version cost only about 5$ more then 1600Mhz version.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

you don't need more than 8GB for gaming unless you do A LOT of stuff on the machine at the same time as you play...most games will use around 4 to 5GB MAXIMUM including the OS and all the background shit running.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR