I need a 400 Euro DSLR for 1080p Videos, kind of ASAP

After 5 years my camcorder is working less and less. It first started with it not accepting the bigger battery packs, Then the SD card slot stopped working and now the internal storage is having trouble saving.

The Sony A58 is giving me a first great impression. But I am a DSLR noob. 

The camera should have 1080p video and a microphone connection. 

I am from Germany and I will get it from Amazon.de. Why ASAP, I have a school project due and the camcorder died on me in the worst possible moment. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

what website but if this is in your budget it would be the best choice Cannon T5i

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

what website but if this is in your budget it would be the best choice Cannon T5i

Amazon.de. Is that a Canon 700D? It is over my budget. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Amazon.de. Is that a Canon 700D? It is over my budget. 

yep

The Canon EOS 700D (known as the Kiss X7i in Japan and the Rebel T5i in the Americas)

wiki

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

the canon seems to have a slow autofocus. 

the canon seems to have a slow autofocus. 

Any camera in live view is gonna have slow AF. You aren't supposed to use AF for video. 

They have this in America, its a place called Rent A Center or something like that. You pay like 20 bucks and they loan you the camera you need for a week or something. You have anything like that in Germany?

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Thanks, I will now do some google and youtube watching to find out more about the cameras. 

They have this in America, its a place called Rent A Center or something like that. You pay like 20 bucks and they loan you the camera you need for a week or something. You have anything like that in Germany?

yes but only in bigger citys + they usually only carry the big guns and want a big bond for them.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

a 400 euro DSLR is pretty hard to find due to the lenses, even my 1200D(without lens) was 450-500 euro wich was the cheapest possible, i think getting a replacement camcorder will be just as fine while you save up for a DSLR to record with.

side note:

when recording with a DSLR NEVER use auto-focus, you will hear the focus engine constantly when watching your play-back, the only possibility for recording without the engine noise is with cinemaphotography lenses(easy 10k euro/dollar+) or specialized silenced focus motors(fast 600 euro +)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

a 400 euro DSLR is pretty hard to find due to the lenses, even my 1200D(without lens) was 450-500 euro wich was the cheapest possible, i think getting a replacement camcorder will be just as fine while you save up for a DSLR to record with.

side note:

when recording with a DSLR NEVER use auto-focus, you will hear the focus engine constantly when watching your play-back, the only possibility for recording without the engine noise is with cinemaphotography lenses(easy 10k euro/dollar+) or specialized silenced focus motors(fast 600 euro +)

I can always borrow a high end Rode Mic from my school. Just the camcorders my school has are really bad, that is why I use my own. 

Maybe you can find something used on www.dslr-forum.de wich is close to you.

Other than that your only real option is the Nikon D3200 right now.

That Camera has a noob mode. Perfect for me :D

Also ich habe eine Canon EOS 100D, die reicht mir total aus...

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Also ich habe eine Canon EOS 100D, die reicht mir total aus...

Die sieht auch gut aus. Ich finde es schwer sich für eine zu entscheiden. Die Nikon 3200/3300 macht schon einen sehr positiven eindruck bis auf den Autofocus. Dann gibt es die Sony A58, welche wohl etwas dunklere Bilder macht und das Gehäuse nicht ganz so toll ist. Canon hatte ich mir noch nicht so ganz angesehen, bis auf die 700D welche mir zu teuer ist. 

Vielleicht findest du auch in einem örtlichen Elektronikmarkt eine 550D oder eine 600D. Eine Variante wäre noch die Sony RX100 Mark 1. auch wieder im Fachmarkt. Verhandeln heißt hier das Zauberwort.

Die Sony Alpha ist im Autofokus bei Videos natürlich überlegen, aber ihre Einsteigerobjektive sind eher minderwertig.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Die Canon EOS 100D hat die gleiche Bildqualität wie bei einer 700D/650D, und ist auch ziemlich ähnlich.

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

How much is the Sony RX100 in your area? 

For me it is $650. (~551 Euros)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

How much is the Sony RX100 in your area? 

For me it is $650. (~551 Euros)

Mark 1 is 368,70€ (465,21$)

Mark 2 is 497,99€ (628,34$)

Mark 3 is 747,00€ (942,53$)

on amazon.de right now. I already saw Mark 2s for 450€ on sale.

But as I pointed out earlier, if you find one in a brick & mortar store try to negotiate, because no one really buys mark 1 anymore.

Mark 1 is 368,70€ (465,21$)

Mark 2 is 497,99€ (628,34$)

Mark 3 is 747,00€ (942,53$)

on amazon.de right now. I already saw Mark 2s for 450€ on sale.

But as I pointed out earlier, if you find one in a brick & mortar store try to negotiate, because no one really buys mark 1 anymore.

I was told to get a Panasonic G6, because it is the best solution for filming. Also I was told that you should use a mirrorless camera, because they are better for filming than any other. Ok, the G6 costs 90 Euros more, but it seems to be the best solution in the price range and it has a microphone connector. 

Morgen gehts nach Media Markt, da die eine größere Auswahl haben. 

I was told to get a Panasonic G6, because it is the best solution for filming. Also I was told that you should use a mirrorless camera, because they are better for filming than any other. Ok, the G6 costs 90 Euros more, but it seems to be the best solution in the price range and it has a microphone connector. 

Morgen gehts nach Media Markt, da die eine größere Auswahl haben. 

To a degree; like anything there are compromises. I prefer shooting mirrorless (I started on a GH1, now I have a GH2; both hacked) mostly because of ergonomics. For one, it's an overall smaller rig. The articulated screen makes shooting high/low angles infinitely easier. Also, because these cameras aren't as immediately recognizable to the average person as a Canon or a Nikon, in public spaces, it's easier to shoot without really being noticed. Also, in working with some new models, people that aren't typically comfortable in front of a camera don't feel as nervous as if you have a big, full-frame DSLR. As far as image quality goes, it's right up there. Because of the smaller sensor, you do lose some low-light performance, just light your subjects properly and you won't even notice.

If you happen to have any older legacy lenses, there's more than likely an adapter you can use. That was a big selling point for me; the amount of lenses you can adapt and buy used for cheap, but still a quality lens, is pretty staggering.