Need for Seat Maxnomic Gaming Chair

did Nick got fired?

or is that just Luke's domain?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Like to see you take on a herman miller aeron, I got one used and im curious how you feel t will stack up with others since I wouldnt be against getting a new chair if its better.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Have owned one for well over 8 months now and I have yet to hear it start to squeak. The cushion has only moved 3-5mm at the most and is still as lovely to sit in everyday. Also I am a farely big guy.

Owned plenty of chairs that are just terrible.. They would last me 3-5 months before I heard squeaks and cushion was meh...

Had they looked further and known to check their more updated European site he would have seen the comparison chart.

Casual Sport:

features_casual_sport_sidebar_sbp.gif

Pro Gaming/Office:

pro_gaming_office_kontext_sbp.jpg

Office comfort:

office_comfort_kontext_sbp.jpg

very disappointed with this so called "review".

-no detailed explanation/experience if it helps with proper sitting posture over long period of time.

-no detailed explanation/experience how it copes with non proper sitting posture (which alot of gamers do like leaning on the side, crossed legs, feet up, leaning backward, etc... example).

-no info if the chair overheats your body(especially your back on a hot day) for prolong usage.

-no info of how comfortable it is for the back of your knees(does it feel like your legs are getting tired, numb ,etc... "loss of blood circulation").

-how solid is the build quality (does it feel cheap or would likely break over long period of time (like the armrest, knobs, etc...), does it squeak, how about durability like accidental scratch to the finish of the leather (does it feel like it is gonna rip easily) and body).

-how smooth does the chair rotate and roll?

-how easy/hard it is to dial the chair to get the sweet spot setup?

since you decide to review chairs I highly suggest you review the legendary Steal Case Leap as it has been in production for more than a decade and has been the most highly recommended high end chair for enthusiast.

Herman Miller Embody is also a very highly acclaimed high end chair and many enthusiast consider it the current best chair money can buy.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Perfect for racing games, although I'm pretty much never going to get one.

Also. FT05 review coming soon!!!  :D  Also it's technically an RV05 internally, so I get to see Linus's opinion of mine and Spwaths cases.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I bought my chair 7 years ago for $12. This video came in a perfect timing because I'm looking for a new chair (although I doubt I would buy a super expensive one like this, some of the things you talked about in this video are going into my checklist)

is the givaway link broken for anyone else?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

is the givaway link broken for anyone else?

For me it is too, it just give a message saying that "The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

CPU:Core I7 980X MoBo: Intel DX58SO Ram: 16Gb GPU:MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Case: NZXT Source 530 PSU: EVGA 600B Cooler: H110 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Headset: Corsair Vengeance 1400

For me it is too, it just give a message saying that "The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

yes. exactly. :/ kinda weird. also, the annotations in the video done work yet. ;)(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

-no detailed explanation/experience if it helps with proper sitting posture over long period of time.

-no detailed explanation/experience how it copes with non proper sitting posture (which alot of gamers do like leaning on the side, crossed legs, feet up, leaning backward, etc... example).

-no info if the chair overheats your body(especially your back on a hot day) for prolong usage.

-no info of how comfortable it is for the back of your knees(does it feel like your legs are getting tired, numb ,etc... "loss of blood circulation").

-how solid is the build quality (does it feel cheap or would likely break over long period of time (like the armrest, knobs, etc...), does it squeak, how about durability like accidental scratch to the finish of the leather (does it feel like it is gonna rip easily) and body).

since you decide to review chairs I highly suggest you review the legendary Steal Case Leap as it has been in production for more than a decade and has been the most highly recommended high end chair for enthusiast.

Herman Miller Embody is also a very highly acclaimed high end chair and many enthusiast consider it the current best chair money can buy.

• For your back it pretty much hugs you and makes sure you don't hurt your back. Also makes you sit all the way back.
  • No issue with having legs up. leaning back or anything this chair does it all, true champ!
  • Not even an issue. My room gets really hot during the summer sometimes 30-35 degrees.
  • Solid build. Armrest could be better but it survived numerous encounters with my table. NO SQUEAK even after 8 months. This Vinyl is pretty tough I have yet to see it give anywhere.
  • Yet to give it any oil, no squeaks, adjustable lean back and rotates like a champ. Standard wheels are fine on carpet but you can get some high quality once for your chair.
  • dial in? It is perfect on first contact.. It takes you less then 2 min to adjust armrest, lean pressure, position of the back.

Better? :)

Sadly Linus did not link to the actual tear down video

http://www.needforseatusa.com/maxnomic_gaming_chairs_vs_noname

I won't dissagree with you. However, just beacuse Linus is the best tech reviewer doens't mean he is the best reviewer in general. I guess this feedback will be helpful for the other chair reviews :)

(And for the record i am really interested about the Herman Miller Aeron or the ergohuman chair.)

I see what you did to the title. ;)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Hey linus for your next chair review could you go into more detail on sturdiness under weight. Let us know the weight limit, and maybe have luke hold a bag of bricks or something in his lap as he reclines. thanks

The chair looks amazing but the price tag is holding me back.... is it really THAT much better than a €150 Ikea chair... and sadly enough, I'm not rich enough to spend over 300 for a chair in which I can't test my buns first before buying.

I'd like to see a comparison with other high quality chairs in future reviews, because this chair looks exactly like a dx racer chair, what's the difference, who's better and so on.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

To me they look the same, would not be surprised if they are all made by the same company and the only difference is the logo.

Wouldn't surprise me either!

Not sure if you are wanting to spend the money... but I work at an office supply store and everyone there agrees the Steelcase Leap is the best chair out there: http://www.steelcase.com/en/products/category/seating/task/leap/pages/overview.aspx

One of the furniture salesmen uses one at his desk that is 14 years old, never had a cylinder replaced, looks near brand new, and still extremely comfortable. Unfortunately they are extremely expensive... Amazon has them for $920, and that isn't much more than dealer cost.

I personally have a Steelcase Cobi Stool for my desk, and have been very happy with it. Not the most comfortable chair out there, but it gives great support and I no longer have back aches like I used to with my $200 Sam's Club "executive" chair. It has fixed arm rests, and no padding on the back... but I still feel it is worth the $600 they ask for it if that tells you anything about how much I like it. The chair version is about $450.

Can't speak for maxnomic but once you sit on a DXRacer D-Series or M-series chair their is no going back to the "Value" chair.  Love my M-Series.  OH/MY07/N

Customer Service was good to me.   got an upgrade at no charge when they messed up my order.  even threw in a DXRacer branded mouse pad.  which is surprisingly good. 

People complain about the price but it is a luxury good and priced as such.

Also ergonomics is no joke,  I paid the price before with cheap chairs. never again.

Should See if DXRacer would Sponsor LTT with chairs.  give them intro screen and a lower 3rd  on the WAN show for a few weeks.

I am also interested in these questions I can probably figure them out from Linus overall opinion but still a direct and clear statements are preferred. Also it is extremely important to me if the chair is really strong I have broken a lot of office chairs and it would be nice to get an opinion on that for much heavier users.

I am very happy to see you are tackling this topic because it is a very important one, gaming and working on a computer is before all else an experience and anything that helps with that experience is important :)

Hopefully in the next chair videos you can explain how does it work for Slick and the person you showed in the video, who are taller and heavier, for me I have found that the centre of the weight goes too far from the middle and that is how I break them :(, what is your experience have you ever broken an office chair? :)