Water Cooling Check List Corsair 900D

Hi Team 

I have been planning a big project for my Corsair 900D and i have created a wishlist on pc case gear of all the items that i will be getting. 

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=357161&action=wish_lists

I have done some research but as this is my first time doing a custom water cooled unit id like to hear if the items i am getting will green lit for a solid build.  

Let me know if these is any compatibility issues, as i am purchasing from an online store i have to get it right, its about 200 dollars cheaper that way. 

I will only be using still water in the build but i got some dye just for fun see how it goes.

*i have a fan controller but i think i will probably need another one. 

Thanks in advance 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.” - Bill Hicks

Black liquid in a red tubing?

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Looks ok to me. Why don't you get it from PLE.com.au? They are in Perth and cost the same as PC Case Gear. Save yourself the freight and buy more stuff!

Edit: didn't notice the fittings properly, would get some compression fittings to suit the hose, it'll look heaps cleaner that way.

@PatarNoster

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Looks ok to me. Why don't you get it from PLE.com.au? They are in Perth and cost the same as PC Case Gear. Save yourself the freight and buy more stuff!

Edit: didn't notice the fittings properly, would get some compression fittings to suit the hose, it'll look heaps cleaner that way.

@PatarNoster

Well i looked at PLE all their items are $10-$30 more... the extra 55 bux for postage doesnt seem as bad. 

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.” - Bill Hicks

Hi Team 

I have been planning a big project for my Corsair 900D and i have created a wishlist on pc case gear of all the items that i will be getting. 

https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=357161&action=wish_lists

I have done some research but as this is my first time doing a custom water cooled unit id like to hear if the items i am getting will green lit for a solid build.  

Let me know if these is any compatibility issues, as i am purchasing from an online store i have to get it right, its about 200 dollars cheaper that way. 

I will only be using still water in the build but i got some dye just for fun see how it goes.

*i have a fan controller but i think i will probably need another one. 

Thanks in advance 

Looks good. A few things though.

I take it you want barb fittings because they're cheaper. You can avoid having to use hose clamps if you get tubing with a smaller ID for a tight fit. 3/8 ID tubing with 1/2 ID fittings.

Also you have 20 barb fittings, whilst you only need 14 if you count the L-block.

I hope you don't plan on using those AF fans on the rads.. You need SP's for the higher static pressure. 

I think you can have thicker rads no problem.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Looks good. A few things though.

I take it you want barb fittings because they're cheaper. You can avoid having to use hose clamps if you get tubing with a smaller ID for a tight fit. 3/8 ID tubing with 1/2 ID fittings.

Also you have 20 barb fittings, whilst you only need 14 if you count the L-block.

I hope you don't plan on using those AF fans on the rads.. You need SP's for the higher static pressure. 

I think you can have thicker rads no problem.

Okay i will change to barb, they were out of stock thats all and at the same price i think

I think i counted it as the 2 Ls have 4 and then one on each fitting after that ?

okay hah gonna change em to SP fans. 

Black liquid in a red tubing?

Oh balls i thought it was red hahahah 

Okay i will change to barb, they were out of stock thats all and at the same price i think

I think i counted it as the 2 Ls have 4 and then one on each fitting after that ?

okay hah gonna change em to SP fans. 

I'm just giving you suggestions. If you don't mind hose clamps you're fine as is.

You don't need to change the barb size, you would have to change the change the tubing size. Right now you have 1/2 ID barbs and 1/2 ID 3/4 OD tubing, this provides an easy fit that requires hose clamps. What I mean is getting 3/8 ID 5/8 OD (closely resembles 1/2 ID 3/4 OD while providing a tighter fit). http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_853&products_id=22501

You need two fittings per component. 2 rads, 2 water blocks, 1 pump, 1 res, 2 L-blocks would be 16 then. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Well i looked at PLE all their items are $10-$30 more... the extra 55 bux for postage doesnt seem as bad. 

yeah fair enough, I must have scored last I used them.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

• 2 months later...

HI Guys 

Just wanted to share my completed build thanks for all your help ! 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/282712-dream-machine-201415/#entry3839677