Modis - "Talk to a Coding Professional" - Three Live Chats!

I love watching this series.  More like it would be awesome. 

Finally tuned in on the 3rd stream, missed the previous ones. It has been very interesting, thank you for doing this!

Learning Java Script at the moment and would love to have another book to burn through.

Thanks Linus and Modis - excellent streams, helped me to really decide on my career choices

Background (if you're interested): High school student, but not sure whether to go into Medical or Engineering. I've been thinking of coding for a while but I wasn't sure - mostly due to the health stuff (RSI, Carpal etc) but this stream (the last one) helped me decide on Engineering. Thanks again.

Mini-ITX Build (unnamed)

Case: SilverStone SG07B-W Motherboard: ASUS P8H61-I CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K GPU: Integrated HD 3000 Cooler: Stock RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB (8GB) DDR3 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX600 Keyboard: Cheap Dell Keyboard (although has withstood 8 years of use) Mouse: Logitech G300 Headset: Logitech H110 OS: Windows 8.1 (64-bit) 

Phone: HTC One (m7) running ViperOne 8.0.0 (Android 5.0.2 Lollipop)

Just getting into programming so those books would sure come in handy! Love the livestreams!

Hmm I learned C and C++ a bit :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

What the most practical coding language for android app based programming?

Books! I didn't catch the previous two streams but the one with Carlos was pretty good.

First post on the forums, after being a longtime lurker.

Enjoyed watching the MODIS stream today, as I am currently in a programmer/analyst course in college, and am not sure what direction I'd like to go with it afterward.
Code School seems like itd be a good way to stay fresh over the summer.

Thanks for all your videos LMG, and thanks to the members of the forum for the wealth of knowledge and community atmosphere on this site.
Im sure ill be on here poking around and doing some reading as I plan my first custom water loop :)

I was so lucky to drop by the stream, was a great show! Thanks a bunch guys!

I'm looking to transition into a CS career and these books would go a long way to help me.  Thanks for the opportunity!

Who was the mod that banned me permanently in Twitch?  I posted something normal tied to LTT the first time and nothing was said about it and then suddenly when I share it again I was banned permanently.  I am beyond upset right now.  I also have posted this in off topic here in previous days and it was allowed so not sure how it got so much hate on Twitch.  I am hoping Linus and Luke will reverse this mod's decision to ban me on Twitch.  It is ridiculous.  I said with the link I provided I was looking for support from the LTT community and it is not tied to any profit.  It is tied to a just cause.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

What the most practical coding language for android app based programming?

Well... I'm sure some coders will have a nice chuckle over putting "Java" and "most practical" in one sentence but that's the answer:) You can theoretically develop for Android in C# (http://xamarin.com/ and/or games in Unity) and C++ (games in cocos2d) but Java is by far the most popular option and it's also supported by google. 

EDIT: Mine was the most badass among badass questions. I'm not saying it deserves a book but... this is exactly what I'm saying:P

(Jokes aside, I love that you asked the question and I am super grateful thou I expected somewhat more complex answer. The one that was given made total sense for the person that was giving it thou!:))

CPU: Intel i7-4771 | COOLER: SilentiumPC Fera 2 he1224 | GPU: MSI GTX 760 | MOBO: GA-B85-D3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8GB 1600MHz CL9 | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 500W | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 256GB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4

Damnit missed it :( I'm gonna watch it back

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd