New smartphone

ZombifiedPyro

Hey I have had a lumia 520 for the past few months and I have had enough of it. I have mostly considered the HTC One M8 and the iPhone 6. I don't want any phone with a screen >4.7". One of the biggest reasons I want the HTC One is because I need a loud ringtone to hear over production equipment at the manufacturing facility I work at; however, I still feel that the HTC One might not be loud enough so it would be useless to pick a phone based on that. What do you think? Any other phones I should consider?

P.S. I do know that the one tiny speaker on the back of my lumia, that can be completely covered up by virtually anything, is extremely hard to hear at work.

As I write this I am thinking I should get a belt holster so it is easier to hear my phone.

One more question now. Does the otterbox defender case, which has that built in screen protector, muffle the speakers?

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

No watches allowed :( entanglement hazard

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

One more question now. Does the otterbox defender case, which has that built in screen protector, muffle the speakers?

From my personal experience with Otterbox Defender cases for the HTC DNA and the LG G2, no, they will not muffle the speakers. Otterbox makes sure not cover those up. 

COMIC SANS

Anyways, to answer your question, we need to know a couple more things. Who's your carrier? What's your budget? For the latter, state if it's for off contract or on contract. 

COMIC SANS

Sure, AT&T, my budget is under $700 US. It's off contract and, if possible, I would like to use att's finance service. ATT Next I believe is what they call it.