Acer XB280HK slipped by the radars (day old news)

kraxe_tk

Well, I have been waiting for a 4K G-sync monitor for a while.  Looks like it's coming soon, next month.  Here is a link from TechPowerUp http://www.techpowerup.com/205406/acer-brings-4k2k-displays-with-nvidia-g-sync-to-north-america.html

I hope it's in stock the first day of the month.  $799  Finally some concrete information.

Well, I have been waiting for a 4K G-sync monitor for a while.  Looks like it's coming soon, next month.  Here is a link from TechPowerUp http://www.techpowerup.com/205406/acer-brings-4k2k-displays-with-nvidia-g-sync-to-north-america.html

I hope it's in stock the first day of the month.  $799  Finally some concrete information.

What does 4K2K mean? And this should lower the price of the Swift, just like I predicted.  B)

Which one would you get, swift or this?

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

seen them in person & the bezel of the monitor was battered pretty badly when I went to Game24 in London.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

What does 4K2K mean? And this should lower the price of the Swift, just like I predicted.  B)

I have a 1600p monitor, 2160K G-sync would be my next step.

seen them in person & the bezel of the monitor was battered pretty badly when I went to Game24 in London.

That sounds promising, takes a licking and keeps on syncing.  hahaha :lol:

im still hoping linus will review this thing, i really want to know how it compares to 34UM95. (bah still cant make up my mind)

It's also apparently 144hz refresh rate :D getiing one for myself

It's also apparently 144hz refresh rate :D getiing one for myself

nop

there is 1080p version of this monitor thats 144 refresh rate.

4k one is just 60hz

After Edit:

XB270HA <-- 27" 144Hz

XB280HK <-- 28" 4k 60Hz

nop

there is 1080p version of this monitor thats 144 refresh rate.

4k one is just 60hz

After Edit:

XB270HA <-- 27" 144Hz

XB280HK <-- 28" 4k 60Hz

oh okay thanks for the heads up but it doesnt matter much cos i cant get more than 60 fps on 4k xD even with 2 980s

Aye

tho i think 2x 980 with max settings in games will still give you 50-60 fps (maby even more after they optimize drivers + if you remove AA and vsync)

PS: Do we even need AA with 4k screen ? well maby 2-4x but after that i dont think result will be worth performance hit.

I want this Acer XB280HK so badly. Can't wait to see 4K with G-Sync.

Whenever it'll be available I'll buy that right away.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Mine arrived very recently. Will spend some time with it on the weekend.

Will be watching channel closely to see review.

PS: Need to know which one is better, LGs 34UM95(or curved) or 4k Gsync.

It means its a 4k monitor (roughly 4000x2000 resolution), in this case 3840x2160 

it was supposed to come out on 3rd october but they changed it to a later date (still in october)

Delay after delay, I have stopped playing games, for a better experience in 4K.  I want to wait till I get my 4K monitor to play games again.

Delay after delay, I have stopped playing games, for a better experience in 4K.  I want to wait till I get my 4K monitor to play games again.

same here :)

I still didnt decide between this 4k gsync or 34UM95 and waiting for linus review, but int gona play games still new monitor arrives, want to save em epic moments up.

Pre-ordered myself one of these monitors for £499, place I ordered from will have them on 3rd of October apparently  so hopefully I will be playing my games in 4K with my new GTX 980 in 2 weeks.

Pre-ordered myself one of these monitors for £499, place I ordered from will have them on 3rd of October apparently  so hopefully I will be playing my games in 4K with my new GTX 980 in 2 weeks.

Really? I saw on some European sites that they wouldn't be available until next year!

Where did you order it from?

Mine arrived very recently. Will spend some time with it on the weekend.

Review please.