The Guest sucked.

Dude

Hey guys,

I feel as if there's no real movie talk in the off topic so I thought I might give it a go.

First off, no I am not trolling. The movie got ecstatic reviews praising the movie for it's "intelligence" meanwhile I found the movie to be quite dumb. The dialogue is unnatural and clunky, the script is dull, the movie has no real plot for the first fifty minutes and the acting... Dear God, the acting...

Dan Stevens did a good job at being a crackhead robot Jehovah's witness but when being a Jehovah's witness for the first fifty minutes is all he does it gets really annoying. The rest of the cast were just awful, some were bored, some were completely miscast and some were simply lacking in genuine acting ability.

In case you say something along the lines of "I bet you masturbate over Michael Bay's explosions and can effects" I should say this; some of my favourite movies are cult. Most of what I watch in terms of movies are comedies, 80's action and cult classic movies. I particularly love Office Space, Army of Darkness and The Muppets Christmas Carol (is that cult?).

I appreciate all kinds of movies. Obscure and otherwise. I can almost promise you though that if The Guest was a big budget movie with big names and constant advertisements, it would get terrible reviews.

If you saw it, what did you think? And mods, please don't lock unless it somehow turns into flame war.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Never heard of it, probably won't see it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I read the plot, reads eerily similar to a few old Outer Limits episodes, except I'm sure the Guest doesn't end in aliens or artificial intelligence.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Never heard of it, probably won't see it.

It's mildly popular in the UK. It's about a man who returns from Afghanistan claiming to know the dead son and brother of the Petersen family. However, not everything is as it seems. When I say that, I mean an interesting concept is wasted and before the entire movie commits suicide by jumping the shark near the end by introducing some shit about...

The mysterious soldier being in a medical experiment designed to create super soldiers which also means that he is created to eliminate anyone who has the slightest knowledge of who he is and his plans

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

I haven't watched it yet but i will. Have you watched Snowpiercer? I watched it because of the good reviews and i'll say it is worth watching but it could have been so much more.... I can't really say anything without spoiling the movie but rottentomatoes has to be the worst movie review site in existence.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I read the plot, reads eerily similar to a few old Outer Limits episodes, except I'm sure the Guest doesn't end in aliens or artificial intelligence.

The way the movie jumps the shark simply means that it might as well have been that.

I haven't watched it yet but i will. Have you watched Snowpiercer? I watched it because of the good reviews and i'll say it is worth watching but god damn.... I can't really say anything without spoiling the movie but rottentomatoes has to be the worst movie review site in existence.

that sounds intriguing, putting it on my list. I never tire of good Korean flicks.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I haven't watched it yet but i will. Have you watched Snowpiercer? I watched it because of the good reviews and i'll say it is worth watching but it could have been so much more.... I can't really say anything without spoiling the movie but rottentomatoes has to be the worst movie review site in existence.

I have definitely heard of it despite it getting no publicity in the UK. So when it releases on Netflix in either Canada or the USA, I will watch it.