EA has 3 year plan, wants 'player-first culture'

rafbanaan

Grow up and get over it.

You should do the same about EA.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

I miss the days when a quality game was released for $10 - $20 on day 1 because there was never any option to patch it.

Yeah, albeit graphics have improved which costs more money. Come to think of it my Dell Pentium 4 PC with an ATI gpu back in the day could max games out (anyone remember NASCAR Thunder 2004 or Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator?) and I had a lot of fun with it. And that cost <$500. Now I have a couple thousand dollar machine and am shelling out $90 for BF4 and premium... Ode to getting older...

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

You should do the same about EA.

I wont waste my time informing you about polygon would derail this thread.k bye.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Here's an idea EA. Stop making stupid decisions. And drop consoles all together. Become a PC only developer.

Not sure if serious. Most of EA's money comes from consoles.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Not sure if serious. Most of EA's money comes from consoles.

They said they wanted to focus on player first, coming out and saying that they would no longer support an ecosystem of hardware that lies to the customer and takes them for their money, would be a good step in that direction.

The second step would be transferring all their games over to steam and dropping origin.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Here's an idea EA. Stop making stupid decisions. And drop consoles all together. Become a PC only developer.

Hey, their Lord of the Rings console games were great.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hey, their Lord of the Rings console games were great.

Didn't say they weren't good. Said they should stop supporting a deceitful and worthless hardware ecosystem.

Didn't say they weren't good. Said they should stop supporting a deceitful and worthless hardware ecosystem.

You shouldn't talk about your grandmother's flip phone that way.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

An ecosystem that generates millions.

You shouldn't talk about your grandmother's flip phone that way.

Lol at this point I'm going back to flip phones when my plan is ready to renew, F this spyware phone.

An ecosystem that generates millions.

Again, they're claiming to be "trying to change" to better support their customers, not supporting consoles that lie and deceive their customers, would be a good step towards that.

Lol at this point I'm going back to flip phones when my plan is ready to renew, F this spyware phone.

Again, they're claiming to be "trying to change" to better support their customers, not supporting consoles that lie and deceive their customers, would be a good step towards that.

How does Nintendo lie with regards to its consoles?

How does Nintendo lie with regards to its consoles?

A fair enough point I guess. However they as always, are a special case lol.

A fair enough point I guess. However they as always, are a special case lol.

As long as we agree on that. I want my Zelda game... Link looks too badass...

He's been the CEO for a year now, so for the last year he hasn't had a player-first approach? Why would we trust the guy who's been screwing us for a year?

They said they wanted to focus on player first, coming out and saying that they would no longer support an ecosystem of hardware that lies to the customer and takes them for their money, would be a good step in that direction.

Ecosystem of hardware that lies to the customer? What? What the hell does that even mean?

The second step would be transferring all their games over to steam and dropping origin.

Yeah, that's never going to happen. Steam is a digital storefront, just like Origin. Valve takes 30% of each sale. EA saves hundreds of millions per year by selling their games through their own store.

Get off Gabe's dick.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

He's been the CEO for a year now, so for the last year he hasn't had a player-first approach? Why would we trust the guy who's been screwing us for a year?

You are aware that every game that has been released the year he has been a CEO has been under development longer before his arrival, correct?

Ecosystem of hardware that lies to the customer? What? What the hell does that even mean?

Yeah, that's never going to happen. Steam is a digital storefront, just like Origin. Valve takes 30% of each sale. EA saves hundreds of millions per year by selling their games through their own store.

Get off Gabe's dick.

With that train of thought, they should just develop their own proprietary console too, right?

Get off Gabe's dick.

Get off of EA, Microsoft, and Sony's collective dicks why dontcha?

Console is deceitful. They claim "the best gaming experience possible" all the time, make up bullshit like "resolution is just a number" and "30 fps is an artistic choice". Then, at shows, they set up a booth where your actually playing the game on PC, but they make it seem as though it's running on a console.

Console is shit, people need to stop making excuses for these companies ripping people off. Because that's all they do.

With that train of thought, they should just develop their own proprietary console too, right?

I suppose, but selling your own content for the PC, through your own digital storefront, is far simpler than developing a proprietary console. For one, the consumer-base for PC gaming is already established. Anyone with a PC can download Origin, buy a game and play it. This is thanks to the PC being an open platform. Unlike with the consoles, you don't have to be restricted to one digital storefront.

Think about it logically. Why should a company by the size of EA give 30% of THEIR sales earnings on the PC to Valve: when they could simply develop their own storefront and keep those hundres of million for themselves and use to develop more games? Sure it would be convenient to have all your games in one place, but hundreds of millions of dollars convenient? Not really.

Remember. Valve are taking 1/3 of the sales earnings for every game even though they're not contributing to the development of the games. It would be best for developers/publishers if they could cut out Valve entirely. Just as it would be best for them if they could cut Waltmart, Best Buy etc. but that's not really possible. They would have to create their own stores in every city world wide. It's different with a online store. Everyone in the world can accesss that ONE store. This allows EA, Blizzard etc to cut out Valve.

Get off of EA, Microsoft, and Sony's collective dicks why dontcha?

Console is deceitful. They claim "the best gaming experience possible" all the time, make up bullshit like "resolution is just a number" and "30 fps is an artistic choice". Then, at shows, they set up a booth where your actually playing the game on PC, but they make it seem as though it's running on a console.

Console is shit, people need to stop making excuses for these companies ripping people off. Because that's all they do.

But I'm not on EA, Microsoft or Sony's dick. I couldn't careless about them. I'm simply being objective and not blindly placing one company on top of another company. This includes Valve.

You said that EA should drop the console entirely. That's not being realistic. 60% of their earnings, and that's in the billions, comes from the console sales. You're asking them to give up billions: simply because you're a PC Master Race fanboy. Honestly, I'm not trying to insult you but how stupid do you have to be to come up with a suggestion like that?

Regarding your anti-console rant, all I have to say is: why do you care so much? People like their consoles. They don't feel they're being ripped. Who are you to tell them any different.

And regarding resolution: Crysis at 720p or 1080p is still the same game. A year and a half ago I had GTX 460 and duo core CPU  and I played most games at the resolution of 1680 x 1050 ~ High Setting at around 30 - 35 fps. It wasn't 1080p ~ 60fps: but I still had fun. The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 2 are still two of the best games I've ever played.

Is my experience of Metro: TL, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4 any less because I played them at 1080p, and not 4K? I don't think so. I rather play the Last of Us on PS3, Dragon Age: Origins on PC with low resolution than to play Metro: TL, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4 at high resolution. Resolution is not everything.

Story and gameplay --> Resolution.

But I'm not on EA, Microsoft or Sony's dick. I couldn't careless about them. I'm simply being objective and not blindly placing one company on top of another company. This includes Valve.

You said that EA should drop the console entirely. That's not being realistic. 60% of their earnings, and that's in the billions, comes from the console sales. You're asking them to give up billions: simply because you're a PC Master Race fanboy. Honestly, I'm not trying to insult you but how stupid do you have to be to come up with a suggestion like that?

Regarding your anti-console rant, all I have to say is: why do you care so much? People like their consoles. They don't feel they're being ripped. Who are you to tell them any different.

And regarding resolution: Crysis at 720p or 1080p is still the same game. A year and a half ago I had GTX 460 and duo core CPU  and I played most games at the resolution of 1680 x 1050 ~ High Setting at around 30 - 35 fps. It wasn't 1080p ~ 60fps: but I still had fun. The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect 2 are still two of the best games I've ever played.

Is my experience of Metro: TL, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4 any less because I played them at 1080p, and not 4K? I don't think so. Resolution is not everything. I rather play the Last of Us on PS3, Dragon Age: Origins on PC with low resolution than to play Metro: TL, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4 at high resolution.

Who am I to tell them they are being ripped off? An informed consumer. Nice to meet you. So you'd rather pay extra (ontop of your ISP) to play a game online?

I suppose, but selling your own content for the PC, through your own digital storefront, is far simpler than developing a proprietary console. For one, the consumer-base for PC gaming is already established. Anyone with a PC can download Origin, buy a game and play it. This is thanks to the PC being an open platform. Unlike with the consoles, you don't have to be restricted to one digital storefront.

Think about it logically. Why should a company by the size of EA give 30% of THEIR sales earnings on the PC to Valve: when they could simply develop their own storefront and keep those hundres of million for themselves and use to develop more games? Sure it would be convenient to have all your games in one place, but hundreds of millions of dollars convenient? Not really.

Remember. Valve are taking 1/3 of the sales earnings for every game even though they're not contributing to the development of the games. It would be best for developers/publishers if they could cut out Valve entirely. Just as it would be best for them if they could cut Waltmart, Best Buy etc. but that's not really possible. They would have to create their own stores in every city world wide. It's different with a online store. Everyone in the world can accesss that ONE store. This allows EA, Blizzard etc to cut out Valve.

I totally understood what you meant originally. However, I was just playing devil's advocate with my previous comment for the sake of debating. Personally, I absolutely hate using Origin and I would prefer if Battlefield 4 was a Steamworks title. With that being said, why can't EA and other like-minded companies just give us the OPTION to use their service?

If they're so adamant about the end user using their software, give us an incentive such as: purchase discounts, exclusive items and etc; much like how the console manufacturers do. At the end of the day, Valve created a piece of software that has standardized the industry that many use. If you, as developer, want me to purchase your software on your service, then fine; give me a reason to. Otherwise, releasing it on Steam won't hurt.