Do you think the iPhone six and six+ are good phones?

SSOB

It really all comes down to the OS, when it comes to hardware Iphones are a bad value but there's really no other alternative to android other than IOS. The biggest complain about Iphone six i got it's that it looks ugly (at least for my taste) and design (both software and hardware design) has always been a selling point of Apple products.

I've seen photos floating around the internet on how it compares with Android and the Nexus 4 already has the technological capabilities the iPhone 6 has.. I'm sorry Apple.. I'm gonna go buy the Nexus 5. 

yeah and one more thing for the nexus 4. its has 2gb of ram compared to 1gb on the iphone 6

also don`t buy the nexus 5 2013 the nexus 5 2014 is around the corner. 2k screen and stuff

Personally I was let down. The specs of the iPhone 6 are similar to that of a nexus 4, which is a few years old already. I'd of been okay if it was at about $400 off contract but the price tag is quite hefty considering there are phones cheaper that are QHD and the iPhone 6 is only 750p.

See here's the problem though: everyone here is caught up in the whole "bigger numbers are better" ordeal. There's no point in having a QHD display on a screen of that size, in fact I'd rather have the 1080p and be able to watch HD movies 1:1. The QHD displays so far have not been very color accurate either. The display in the 6 is sRGB compatible and it also uses dual domain pixels for better viewing angles.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

My 5s consistently lasts three days on medium usage, but by "lasts" I mean it's dead by the end of the third day.

Yeah,that's the same for me.

About 3 days of medium usage.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

yeah and one more thing for the nexus 4. its has 2gb of ram compared to 1gb on the iphone 6

also don`t buy the nexus 5 2013 the nexus 5 2014 is around the corner. 2k screen and stuff

You mean the Nexus 6 right? Rumors are saying that it'll cost around $540 off-contract. I only have about $350 to spend, so yea. I'd be better off buying the Nexus 5. The 1080p screen is already a major selling point for me compared to any of the iPhone models.

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

I'm not saying they are better, I have a 1440p laptop and personally wish it were 1080p myself as its scaled nicer.

I'm saying that the option is there for More at a cheaper price, not that it's better than the iPhone 6 but that it is higher specs for less, and that apple should maybe reconsider pricing.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'm saying that the option is there for More at a cheaper price, not that it's better than the iPhone 6 but that it is higher specs for less, and that apple should maybe reconsider pricing.

But in this case, I'm suggesting that more is worse because it draws more power and isn't very color accurate, both of which are important.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The iPhone 6 is unacceptable. Apple have yet again produced an overpriced and dated phone that now less people will buy because consumers are becoming much more aware that Apple are essentially hustling their customers with "brand new" features that were around on other phones many years before the announcement of the iPhone 5, even the iPhone 3GS.

I seriously do hope that the iPhone 6 flops because it proves a point to Apple that at some point you have to try as opposed to letting a half-eaten fruit symbol on the back of your products do the talking for you.

And if this awareness of Apple's lazy rehashing and straight-up plagiarizing of old shit continues with their other products then some of us might be old enough to see the end of Apple. An exaggeration? No. Because Apple can't maintain relevance forever and the response to the iPhone 6 shows it.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

My S3 lasted a week once.

No idea how.

My S4 mini's battery lasts like a 1 day with technically no use

Lord Pantaloons, on 30 Nov 2014 - 7:32 PM, said: If Lawrence leaves his house and travels at a constant 40 MPH. How long will it take Bill from next door to shove a banana up his mom's rectum?

FX-6300Gigabyte R9 270X 4 GB OCWD Blue 1 TBCorsair Carbide 300RArctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2Silverstone Strider Essential 500WAsus M5A97 R2.0Dell P2314HYamaha HTR-5740Mordaunt-Short Avant 309iSuperlux HD-668 BCooler Master CM Storm Quickfire UltimateGigabyte M6900Oneplus One 64 GB

You mean the Nexus 6 right? Rumors are saying that it'll cost around $540 off-contract. I only have about $350 to spend, so yea. I'd be better off buying the Nexus 5. The 1080p screen is already a major selling point for me compared to any of the iPhone models.

every nexus costs under 400$ at launch so idk. well then get the lg g2. better camera and battery life.

IMO apple hardware has nothing bad going for it, since they made their software specifically to work on it, or vice-versa, this isn't like android or windows where they are designed to work with all diferent kind of hardware, there's nothing wrong with 1gb of ram or a dual core as long as the system works on it, the only reason i don't like their stuff is purely on the software, iOS is pretty damn basic in functionality for my needs, no expandable storage is deal breaker, also iTunes on windows is a POS, the only good thing iOS does have IMO is that its pretty easy to use, you can give an iphone to anyone that isn't tech savy and the get used to it faster that anything else

lastly i'm never going to spend 700$ on a phone where i can buy something cheaper and still get the same functionality expect for apple service which i don't use anyways

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

there's really no other alternative to android other than IOS.

Windows Phone... Oh wait, nobody uses that apart from hipsters.

Windows Phone... Oh wait, nobody uses that apart from hipsters.

Oi! Don't you dare call ma mommah a hipster! :D

I don't find the iPhone a bad phone at all, but it's simply not for me. I don't like the iOS, I don't like certain programs apple forces me to use and the price is just pulled out of thin air. I'm fine with companies making a profit on a product, but Apple.. that's just a bridge too far for me.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

That's what their numbers say, and they generally underestimate. My 5s gets around 8-9.

But in this case, I'm suggesting that more is worse because it draws more power and isn't very color accurate, both of which are important.

See here's the problem though: everyone here is caught up in the whole "bigger numbers are better" ordeal. There's no point in having a QHD display on a screen of that size, in fact I'd rather have the 1080p and be able to watch HD movies 1:1. The QHD displays so far have not been very color accurate either. The display in the 6 is sRGB compatible and it also uses dual domain pixels for better viewing angles.

so your telling us that they intentionally used old tech and less resolution so that they could get 1 extra hour of battery life? yes i would call that a craptastic battery. why not do themselves a favor ... make the whole phone the same thikness as that pimple of a camera lense so they could put a larger battery in it... that way they could have better life without sacrificing on the specs.

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

so your telling us that they intentionally used old tech and less resolution so that they could get 1 extra hour of battery life? yes i would call that a craptastic battery. why not do themselves a favor ... make the whole phone the same thikness as that pimple of a camera lense so they could put a larger battery in it... that way they could use have better life without sacrificing on the specs.

But they don't want it to feel large in your hand with the bigger screen, that's why they made it thinner.

What about it is old?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I think even though it's the latest from apple, it's still behind time by today's standards

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

But they don't want it to feel large in your hand with the bigger screen, that's why they made it thinner.

What about it is old?

i know they were trying to make it feel smaller in the hand but seriously they could have done great for themselves if they were able to put a bigger battery in it.

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

In the past, iPhones have featured big advancements that the industry then followed, ie 'Retina' or high pixel density displays, fingerprint scanners, app stores. But this doesn't really have anything like that, maybe mobile payments will take off and pass Paywave/Paypass.

In the past, iPhones have featured big advancements that the industry then followed, ie 'Retina' or high pixel density displays, fingerprint scanners, app stores. But this doesn't really have anything like that, maybe mobile payments will take off and pass Paywave/Paypass.

mobile payments is already a thing

i know they were trying to make it feel smaller in the hand but seriously they could have done great for themselves if they were able to put a bigger battery in it.

I agree with that, but by the same token I'm not sure how much battery life those extra 2mm would have offered.

But this doesn't really have anything like that, maybe mobile payments will take off and pass Paywave/Paypass.

Mobile payments is a big thing. Also the incredible camera they put on it, dual domain pixels, sRGB, etc.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The "new" iPhone 6 has comparable specs to a potato so I would say that you should try to get really anything else. If you want the same look get an HTC One.

In all seriousness tho it is not a very good phone especially when you compare it to even its own predecessor. It's essentially the same thing.. but hey, to be fair it is thinner and lighter.

I truly am hoping for Apple to release something that will sweep us off our feet, but this isn't it.

Oi! Don't you dare call ma mommah a hipster! :D

I don't find the iPhone a bad phone at all, but it's simply not for me. I don't like the iOS, I don't like certain programs apple forces me to use and the price is just pulled out of thin air. I'm fine with companies making a profit on a product, but Apple.. that's just a bridge too far for me.

I personally like iOS, but agree that it's annoyingly restrictive. The most annoying thing is the lack of downloadable apps from the browser (apk's).

Mobile payments is a big thing. Also the incredible camera they put on it, dual domain pixels, sRGB, etc.

They are, but mobile payments won't fully take off until transport cards and identification can also be stored on the phone, In the mean time, most will not bother and stick to Mastercard and Visa's stuff. The camera is nice but the features don't blow everyone away, it's not a shake up the way the retina screen was, when that dropped all of a sudden seeing pixels was a huge knock on a phone, and everyone raced to place hi res screens on their phones.

Not by a long shot.

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W