That new Alienware rig...

So...

See anything missing?

slibridgegone.png
SLI bridge for the 2nd/3rd GPU

And that fan at the bottom right of the case. Where is it drawing air from?

Let alone that, where is it directing it to when there's a solid support wall in the way of the GPU's?

airflowextreme.png

I'd also like to add that it's extremely likely that the PSU is being suffocated, and that there seems to be a major lack of airflow potential in general. I see spots for four/five fans, excluding the PSU.

I felt the need to post this because my buddy messaged me on Facebook saying "Hey, Alienware's new case doesn't look too bad this time." I felt obligated to check it out fully, and by coincidence, one of Linus's videos included it lol.

I wonder what cable management on the other side is like.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

this made get excited for the world of pre-built pc's... kinda.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

why do all alienware motherboard look like utter shite

Dell OEM boards, they are decent but look poo

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

snip

In other pictures of it there is an SLI bridge.... a really cool one

Those are reference coolers, and thus exhaust hot air out the back of the card and not downwards, the bottom one still has a gap to draw in cool air

The PSU will intake from the bottom and exhaust out the back. 

jj4ghb8ffj8natadmfwa.jpg

you can see the design here better, maybe for the real build they will use cards that are longer

Alienware_Area-51_02.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

-snip-

Thank you for the clarification :)

Not as bad as I thought at all, then.

Would that be EVGA's SLI bridge?

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Yeah its ..interesting, I sort of think it looks awesome but also horrible :P

I do like alienwares design though (guilty owner myself)

Good question..no idea :P

I'm sure they've taken the time to ensure their product isn't overheating/starved for air. They are a company and returns/fixes would send them broke if they fucked up bad

its an OEM ony bridge by nvidia. you can get them on ebay tho

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yeah its ..interesting, I sort of think it looks awesome but also horrible :P

I do like alienwares design though (guilty owner myself)

Good question..no idea :P

Ah. I've never minded their appearance, my buddy's just a notorious Alienware basher in our group (I should have clarified that) and was the first to let me know they had put out a new case/rig. At first look, the design looked legitimately horrid to me.

But you cleared it up, mostly. I personally still don't like blower designs that much, and much prefer very open cases with smooth airflow all the way through.

I'm one of those people that only dislikes the price-point about them, and that they occasionally pair stuff like an i7 and low-end GPU (I think the worst I saw at a Best Buy was an i7 with 745 at ~$1k). But that's almost all pre-builts.

Ah. I've never minded their appearance, my buddy's just a notorious Alienware basher in our group (I should have clarified that) and was the first to let me know they had put out a new case/rig. At first look, the design looked legitimately horrid to me.

But you cleared it up, mostly. I personally still don't like blower designs that much, and much prefer very open cases with smooth airflow all the way through.

I'm one of those people that only dislikes the price-point about them, and that they occasionally pair stuff like an i7 and low-end GPU (I think the worst I saw at a Best Buy was an i7 with 745 at ~$1k). But that's almost all pre-builts.

Yeah the ones supermarkets sell are models they ask for at a specific price point, the real way to buy a boutique system is to spec it up  online and have them build it for you

I agree they are expensive, but they are good systems from experience (although I have only had their laptops)

So by the looks of it, there's no chance for a 240mm rad.

The two front fans have a huge gap between them, so mounting a 240mm rad to them would be impossible.

Home is where the heart my desktop is.