What 770 do i get?

you don't get a 770 you get an R9 290.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Well i am not sure now what to get for sure... So let me ask this, which company AMD or nvida has the best  driver support?

it's pretty much the same some games are designed in partnership with nvidia so the drivers are better at launch (watchdogs...) some other games are partners with AMD (battlefield, tomb raider, dirt...etc.) both manufacturers comes with new sets of drivers a couple weeks after a new game launch and optimise the code. don't make a decision based on anything but GPU PERFORMANCE and PRICE.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

it's pretty much the same some games are designed in partnership with nvidia so the drivers are better at launch (watchdogs...) some other games are partners with AMD (battlefield, tomb raider, dirt...etc.) both manufacturers comes with new sets of drivers a couple weeks after a new game launch and optimise the code. don't make a decision based on anything but GPU PERFORMANCE and PRICE.

I agree that GPU performance and price are the most important facts to consider when buying a GPU but, when you have had many problems with company X, you get kind of worried to buy GPUs from said company X. Also, one might want the looks/software from a certain brand.

I have the Gigabyte 770.

It's been running fine. Highest it ever got was 70c but that's because it was ovrr 95f in my room because of summer.

Runs everything fine at ultra at 1080p.

Same here.

I have the 4GB version and it runs everything I want, I never hear her (her name is Madonna) and it never reached anything higher than 70ºC so I guess it dissipates a lot of heat to the rest of the case really well. No complaints whatsoever. I must say that the best customer service is from EVGA though, if you ever need that.

Next year, once the GTX 770s are really cheap because of the new generation GPUs, I'll get another one and have a happy long lasting SLI :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

i have the gigabyte one, its really cool(67 max), quiet (inaudible to me)

to all the people saying" get a 280(x)"

He isnt asking wether  a 770 or 280(x). he is asking which cooler.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Well i am not sure now what to get for sure... So let me ask this, which company AMD or nvida has the best  driver support?

There's the misconception that amd drivers are terrible. Honestly, Having personal experience with both, when I got my R9 290 to replace my older 550ti (great card but won't cut it for 4k ^^) I could barely tell the difference and the only "bad" thing I ran into was not being able to set a higher resolution or frequency than native on my monitor, which can still be done easily thanks to a handy workaround.

When shopping for a graphics card these days the only thing that matters in price/performance. And right now, the 280x wins against the 770 in those regards.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

He didn't specify he had a particular reason for which he didn't want a 280x, so we are trying to do him a favour and telling him to get what we believe is a better product for the money. He even answered asking for details (see my comment above) because he might be interested. It can't hurt to suggest a different option.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i have the gigabyte one, its really cool(67 max), quiet (inaudible to me)

thanks

There's the misconception that amd drivers are terrible. Honestly, Having personal experience with both, when I got my R9 290 to replace my older 550ti (great card but won't cut it for 4k ^^) I could barely tell the difference and the only "bad" thing I ran into was not being able to set a higher resolution or frequency than native on my monitor, which can still be done easily thanks to a handy workaround.

When shopping for a graphics card these days the only thing that matters in price/performance. And right now, the 280x wins against the 770 in those regards.

but the 770 has a higher benchmark...

but the 770 has a higher benchmark...

In some benchmarks. The two cards trade blows, especially at higher resolutions like 1440p which is where the 280x shines. On average they perform about the same and the 280x is cheaper.

post-42239-0-35858700-1409692658.jpg

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

In some benchmarks. The two cards trade blows, especially at higher resolutions like 1440p which is where the 280x shines. On average they perform about the same and the 280x is cheaper.

Senzanome.jpg

lol I watched this video today. i do see how the r9 280x is out shinning but i do like some of the physx stuff

I'd stick with Nvidia, but then again that's just how I am. Like how my rig will always be Intel/Nvidia.

I agree that GPU performance and price are the most important facts to consider when buying a GPU but, when you have had many problems with company X, you get kind of worried to buy GPUs from said company X. Also, one might want the looks/software from a certain brand.

Same here.

I have the 4GB version and it runs everything I want, I never hear her (her name is Madonna) and it never reached anything higher than 70ºC so I guess it dissipates a lot of heat to the rest of the case really well. No complaints whatsoever. I must say that the best customer service is from EVGA though, if you ever need that.

Next year, once the GTX 770s are really cheap because of the new generation GPUs, I'll get another one and have a happy long lasting SLI :)

Yea mines the 4gb version too!  Green team ftw!

Also I kinda wish I got the EVGA one also, but my Gigabyte has made me happy. Yea I plan to SLI if the 4gb 770 goes down a bit. But eats through everything on Ultra.

Yea mines the 4gb version too!  Green team ftw!

Also I kinda wish I got the EVGA one also, but my Gigabyte has made me happy. Yea I plan to SLI if the 4gb 770 goes down a bit. But eats through everything on Ultra.

The prices are already 100$ cheaper than a year ago. In one year, it'll probably be even cheaper...

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I like the look of EVGA cards

They've done well recently of making stuff which both looks interesting and doesn't have an obtrusive colour to restrict the theme of a build. I'm so sick of seeing black and red in the PC scene it isn't even funny

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM