New headphones

Erfurt

Hey guys

I'm looking for a new pair of headphones. They will mainly be used for music and gaming. I like my music to be a bit bassie, but still want to be able to hear the song, if you get my drift. I don't want a mic, because I will rarely use it, and would rather use the cash for better headphones. I would like to get a pair of headphones with detachable cable, because my last pair of headphones died from a loose connection in the cord, and couldn't replace it. They should be black and comfortable, and I'm going to use in public aswell, so some kind of closed or semi-closed headphones would be preferred. I don't really have a budget, but was thinking in the 100-150 usd range, if I can get all of my things I want in that range. If not please tell what kind of amount I need to spend.

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

I am sure there is something better in your price range, but I can't help but recommend the audio technica m50x. I have the M50 modded to have a removable cable like the m50x and they are probably the best all around headphone I have used. they don't particularly excell in any one respect, but what they excel at is not having any significant drawbacks. good but not fantastic lows, mids, and highs, good comfort, good durability. the soundstage is not so deep as a well nor so wide as a church door, but it will do.

as an added note, I have owned klipsch S4, Bose QC15, AT M50, V-moda crossfade LP, AT AD700. all of these I have loved for different reasons (had to get rid of the LP because they didn't fit my ears, but other people found them wonderfully comfortable)

the only headphones I have tried that I really didn't like were the common fashion brands. beats, SMS audio and the like.

V-Moda Crossfade might be for you.

seconded. the Crossfades were pretty good headphones. I found the mids a bit veiled, but with most modern music they were a pretty good fit. before buying, you should find a way of trying on the Crossfade LP or M100, which fit the same.

without a doubt, they are simply the most well built headphones I have ever encountered. it is simply amazing. the including carrying case is also a nice touch, as it is a hard case that is molded to fit the headphones perfectly.

the earpads are also incredibly soft and cushiony. I so wish my ears didn't stick out and push against the drivers because if my ears were more flat against my head they would have been so incredibly comfortable.