DDR4 prices shown on Scan.co.uk

Blueprint

Saw this on Scan.co.uk. Not sure how true this is to the price it will sell at but it looks like this could be the price.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/16gb-(4x4gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc3-21300-(2666)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-15-17-17-35-xm

£239.33 for a 16gb kit (4x4gb) (2666 MHz)

Blueprint

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Saw this on Scan.co.uk. Not sure how true this is to the price it will sell at but it looks like this could be the price.

Wow pretty pricey, though not insane  I suppose, it will drop FAST as it comes more popular

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Linus held up that box during the last wan show so they will probably review it soon. DDR4, just like DDR3 will be very expensive early on. No point in buying it right now

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Over twice as much not counting hardware cost differences between regions

Yeah, they said it's going to be 60-70% more expensive than DDR3 in the WAN show. :)

I just looked into buying 2x4gb DDR3 and noticed that the prices doubled than what they were 2 years ago. WTF?
Anyway, once it becomes mainstream, DDR4 will drop to a little more than DDR3 prices, and after a while it's going to be even cheaper than DDR3 (Remember that DDR2 ended up being more expensive than DDR3) :D

I have a 6 month rule on all technology.  It let's them come up with updates and get all the inevitable bugs worked out and the prices usually come down a bit in that time.  When it comes to DDR4 boards/memory I won't be touching that for at least a year, 2016 at the earliest.  I mean I play PC games, and they just don't utilize the bleeding edge of that tech, it's all about the graphics card.  

Although I was looking at the specs of a game coming out soon, the title I'm not sure on as I was browsing a bunch of them, they recommended an i7 with hyperthreading, so apparently gamers can't rely on the current i5's for gaming in another year or two.  But with Intel coming out with Hex and Octa-core as a standard it shouldn't be too long before they start utilizing it.  

The treadmill of technology just keeps on rolling.  

But with Intel coming out with Hex and Octa-core as a standard it shouldn't be too long before they start utilizing it.  

hex and octa isnt a standard. its the extreme, high end. the mainstream isnt getting hex until atleast skylake imho.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

hex and octa isnt a standard. its the extreme, high end. the mainstream isnt getting hex until atleast skylake imho.

It will be a standard soon was my point. *grin* They're not gonna make dual core anymore from what I understand.   I guess i3 would be quad i5 hex and i7 octa.  At least that's the lingo I'd adapt to.  :)

It will be a standard soon was my point. *grin* They're not gonna make dual core anymore from what I understand.   I guess i3 would be quad i5 hex and i7 octa.  At least that's the lingo I'd adapt to.  :)

nope, not in a long way man. they even said sometime ago (id say 6months) that they will stay at 4cores for mainstream for the forseeable future. which means that the soonest they plan on upgrading the cores is with a new arch, which will be skylake, possibly cannonlake.

and my prediction would be that the hex in the mainstream would be an i7, and you would have 2 flavours of them, 4c8t and 6c12t

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Um... CL15 2666 MHz is the same as CL9 1600 MHz... just compare with JEDEC standards -.-

CL 9 1600 is good?! That's my maximum latency in that speed category.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

nope, not in a long way man. they even said sometime ago (id say 6months) that they will stay at 4cores for mainstream for the forseeable future. which means that the soonest they plan on upgrading the cores is with a new arch, which will be skylake, possibly cannonlake.

and my prediction would be that the hex in the mainstream would be an i7, and you would have 2 flavours of them, 4c8t and 6c12t

Hmm, but what would they do about I5s? Would 6C6T be the low end or would 4C8T be?!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Hmm, but what would they do about I5s? Would 6C6T be the low end or would 4C8T be?!

probably would get 6c for the normal x670k and maybe the lowest would be a 4core. and then i3s could be a mix of 2c4t, 4c4t and maybe if they feel nice 3c6t

I was actually expecting a lot worse than that. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

as I said... compare with JEDEC standards... it's good compared with other non-ECC DDR4 sticks that have been released...

exactly. its better than jedec, which is great, considering this is a fetus when it comes to technology

I can already buy crucial ddr4 at a local store. Its 47 Euros for a 4gb stick. Not so bad.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Wow, when I bought my 8GB of Vengeance DDR3 it was £39 for it.

Wow, when I bought my 8GB of Vengeance DDR3 it was £39 for it.