List of Problems with the Shield Tablet

I bought the 32gb version one week ago now.
And I loved it until now, I only had one big issue with it battery life and charging.

This is what happened:
The battery was full when i went to bed the tablet being in sleep mode all the time.
The first thing I did when I woke up was looking at the tablet to watch some news post on myn clan site.
The battery only had 3% charge left when i turned it on.

So i plugged it in assuming I did something wrong.
But once plugged in I started some web browsing (not gaming) the battery kept on draining until he turned off.
So I give him a full charge that was taking way to long can't really put a time on it but it did not felt right.
But once fully charged again I was able to play on it for a few hours and also to do some web browsing.
The recharging is still very slow and still drains to much battery in sleep mode.

Now I did a factory reset on the device I hope that will help but I doubt it.
I didn't installed many apps on it but I must admit this is myn first android device ever and i also don't own a nice phone.
So it can be completely my own fault.

But next to the battery charging I don't really have any complain about it.
I did not tryed streaming from it or did not use gamestream because I don't own a nvidea gpu... for now :)
Running amd 7970 on a triple monitor setup. (waiting on 4k can convince me)

The same battery drain thing happened when I had the Wifi version. It happened to me about 3 times before I just returned it. I couldn't stand the fact that out of the week that I had it, four times that I went to go and pick it up, it was just dead. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

So I made this list on Nvidia's forum last night before I went to bed and it appears Nvidia took it down. Here's my second attempt at notifying the public what the most common issues are with this Tablet.

1. Wifi Connectivity - Poor Range, 20ft or less, Also dependent on Tablet Orientation, Can block signal easily if hand is positioned over the Wifi card.  
2. Remote Streaming - Doesn't work unless using an Ethernet Adapter. Wifi signal too week to stream
3. Cracks Edges on Case - Hairline cracks in all 4 corners of device. Case creaking and splitting. 
4. Poor Battery Life - 2 to 3 hours max when gaming. 
5. Bluetooth Controller Connectivity - Interference with 2.4GHz signal and inability to connect to certain devices. 
6. 1080 Streaming - Only works when Streaming at home using a dual band router, or remotely using an Ethernet adapter.  
7. OTG USB Charging and Ethernet Adapter - Not able to use a USB splitter for both the Ethernet Adapter and Charging at the same time. 
8. No Virtual Controls - No Onscreen control option to play games using touch, requires you to purchase controller to play any games. 
9. Mushy Power Button and Volume Rocker - Self Explanatory, less than ideal buttons on side of device. 

i do not have a majority of these problems

1. Wifi Connectivity -  thats just you, mine works great 200+ feet
2. Remote Streaming - works just fine
3. Cracks Edges on Case - nope
4. Poor Battery Life - 2 to 3 hours max when gaming. (duh?)
5. Bluetooth Controller Connectivity - i don't plan to use bluetooth. 
6. 1080 Streaming - it says 1080p streaming is currently only supported through an ethernet adaptor, although an update will come to support it over wifi
7. OTG USB Charging and Ethernet Adapter - haven't tried cant verify
8. No Virtual Controls - false
9. Mushy Power Button and Volume Rocker - they feel fine to me 

Ok no product is 100% perfect but i have non of the issues mentioned aside fromn the Streaming could use some work and more supported games but its not enough to regret my buy, i got the LTE 32Gb version and i use it Daily both at home and at work.

I bought the 32gb version one week ago now.
And I loved it until now, I only had one big issue with it battery life and charging.

This is what happened:
The battery was full when i went to bed the tablet being in sleep mode all the time.
The first thing I did when I woke up was looking at the tablet to watch some news post on myn clan site.
The battery only had 3% charge left when i turned it on.

The same battery drain thing happened when I had the Wifi version. It happened to me about 3 times before I just returned it. I couldn't stand the fact that out of the week that I had it, four times that I went to go and pick it up, it was just dead. 

Sounds like a lemon battery or something, mine can last for awhile on one charge. more then two days with usage at work, i haven't tried the longer with/or only sleep mode but i suspect it could last 4+ days on sleep mode.

The only con i have is the power button, its a bit stiff and small and not really in an ideal location but other then that, Love the damn thing!

its superior to the Tergra note 7 that i also own in every way! 

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is a problem only I'm getting but.. My touchscreen has randomly became unresponsive.

I literally have to press down pretty hard to get anything out of it at times... Sometimes its fine, but its a brand new tablet and why should I settle for a half broken touchscreen.. 

Also, the stylus doesn't work at all for me.

The tablet was fine at first, these problems just started occurring a few days ago, looks like I've threw away £300! 

Hey.

• 1 month later...

Had two examples of this tablet, which both had Issues which made the device shut off without notice, it simply shut itself entirely down, and was even sometimes hard to boot up the period after. No expiation what were wrong, but it defiantly suck, so I eneded up RMA'ing both.