@Euros - Do you prefer movies shown in your native language or english?

Sammael

Yes, people in the UK speak english, but come on, most of Europe learns some other language first.

Germans

French

Spanish

Portuguese 

... oh god what other languages are there?  I'm only American I can't be expected to know these things

Dutch/swedish/snow europeans

Italians

etc

Now many of these places likely have everyone learn english in addition to the native language, in THOSE cases, where people can listen to and hear a film in either english or the native language, which do they prefer?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

yup that one.

(english and its a plus if it also has english subtitles)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

My dad is German, but he never taught me German :(

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Yes, people in the UK speak english, but come on, most of Europe learns some other language first.

Germans

French

Spanish

Portuguese 

... oh god what other languages are there?  I'm only American I can't be expected to know these things

Italians

etc

Now many of these places likely have everyone learn english in addition to the native language, in THOSE cases, where people can listen to and hear a film in either english or the native language, which do they prefer?

That's like asking if you would watch a movie in Spanish just cause you know the language.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

As an English speaker, I never thought about this. probably because the vast majority of native English speakers are monolingual

When I watch movies in other languages, I prefer the original language with subtitles instead of dubbed versions, because the emotion and tone of people's voices is always better in the original intended language.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

in these country english movies are dubbed in their language

Germany

France

Spain

Portugal

Rest i cant tell exept for belgium, all languages are spoken in their origin tongue and we use subtitles

And i prefer english over anything

Let's agree to disagree

I really prefer them in English, as long as it's the original language.

Preferably English, as no good movies would come out anyway in Finnish. English is a much better language.

And dubbing just ruins everything...

Germans

French

Spanish

Portuguese 

Italians

etc

Wha...? So there's a new word for nordic people?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I want everything in English except Anime :)
Native Dutch(Flemish) speaker.

"You do not call the endless aggregation of not dying 'life'.Its mearly an experience"

If a game/movie is made in a certain country, it should be watched as is, and if you do not speak the language the movie is, then get some English subs.

This definitely applies to anime (dubbed is just horrible, i cannot stand it). And as for games, the only game i have which is not done as English being it's primary language, is Metro 2033 / Last Light. Those games have to be played with russian audio, the English dub is terribad.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I usually prefer originals with English subs if they weren't originally English. I feel like a lot of quality is lost when the voiceover is done.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

As an american who only speaks English I prefer a movie as it was made. I don't watch a lot of movies but I have seen movies made in other languages and I would not want to watch then if they were dubbed English. Native language with subtitles please. It was just how the movie was intended to be watched.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

why not?! my spanish teacher is married to a german and she talks to her children only in spanish/english and he only talks to them in german/english. so they effectively know 3 languages 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Original language....no matter what language it is. ..always. But we never ever dub anything anyway. Even when doing interviews on TV, they just do them in english and do a quick translation.

And I prefer english subs too. I get annoyed at bad translations.

Its a pretty cool language......Not pretty but cool.

Wha...? So there's a new word for nordic people?

I like it!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

English.

Lolled at snow Europeans.

why not?! my spanish teacher is married to a german and she talks to her children only in spanish/english and he only talks to them in german/english. so they effectively know 3 languages 

I'm teaching myself German slowly

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

I'm teaching myself German slowly

c: 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

My girlfriend is a Dutch/Swiss dual-national, so she speaks Dutch (mother-tongue), German, Swiss German and English.

She hates films that have been dubbed. Films in her eyes are best watched in the language they are made in, with subtitles where necessary.

In Switzerland (where she lives) they dub films into German, but she would rather watch them in their native language (most often English) with subtitles in any language she can read.