Is thicker rad always better?

I have a ton of space in the front of my computer for a thick ass 240mm rad. Is thicker always better when dealing with radiators? Would I need faster running fans on it?

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

I have a ton of space in the front of my computer for a thick ass 240mm rad. Is thicker always better when dealing with radiators? Would I need faster running fans on it?

Thicker rads can have lesser FPI (fins per inch), so less resistance, which means your fans can run slower and quieter, while still providing the same if not greater surface area for cooling.

In short, if you can fit a 240mm Monsta in the front, do it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

with a thicker radiator the primary concern would be the increased space needed with minimal performance boost, you should see a better performance boost with surface area. as for the fans it might be a little harder to push air through a thicker radiator but a larger deciding factor in the amount of air getting though would be the fin density

In terms of better cooling compared to thin rads, of course. 

"Rawr XD"

Thicker rads can have lesser FPI (fins per inch), so less resistance, which means your fans can run slower and quieter, while still providing the same if not greater surface area for cooling.

In short, if you can fit a 240mm Monsta in the front, do it.

Yeah that actually was what I was asking haha. I saw the Monsta 240mm and thought that must be good haha thanks.

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Yeah that actually was what I was asking haha. I saw the Monsta 240mm and thought that must be good haha thanks.

I'd still make sure you have a decent static pressure fan, something like a Noctua or Gentle Typhoon

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I'd still make sure you have a decent static pressure fan, something like a Noctua or Gentle Typhoon

Yeah i already have 2 Scythe GTs I'm gonna use

Up to a point, going past 60-65mm isn't worth it IMO. Thicker rads tend to have lower fpi and up to 60-65mm you can still do just push or pull with some good static pressure optimized fans. They're not always better. They're just the most flexible. Say a 60mm thick Alphacool (UT60) performs great at low rpm and amazing at high rpm but the 30mm thick Alphacool (ST30) is also low fpi and it performs just as well as the UT60 up to 1400 rpm. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.