NZXT Phantom 410 Review

spwath

This case...

love hate relationship.

The packaging: 

Standard, closed cell foam (or open cell, whatever the bad one linus doesnt like it)

Colored box, wish it were not, put money elseware.

Pretty standard.

The accesorys:

Nice, plenty of things. Comes with cable ties and screws aplenty. Great here, not much could be improved, other than having a nice box like phanteks

The inside:

Nice, plenty of cable management, pretty good.

The inside does not compare to the enthoo pro, with a PSU cover, velcro cable managemnet, better drive bays, and stealth drive bays.

Fan Options:

Front: 2x120mm

Bottom: 1x120mm

Top: 2x120/140mm

Back: 1x120mm

Side: 1x120/140mm

Overall, nice options, not as good as entho pro.

The Outside:

From far away it looks great and sexy. But close up...

This is were it gets bad. Real bad.

The unit reviewed comes in red. The front and top are made out of very cheap feeing and looking plastic. It is very glossy, and gets scratched very easily. White and black are similar, tho not as bad. Gunmetal is matte, but still plastic. This is a large con for this case. The cheap plastic. The side has a small window, not large enough, and an unecisay side 140mm mount This does not compare to other 100$ cases, such as the Enthoo pro.

Conclusion:

Nice case, but i say its only worth about 70$. For the 100$ case market, there are much better contenders, like the enthoo pro.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You said Enthoo Pro too many times, you were reviewing the Phantom 410, remember?

The Phantom 240 adressed some of the complaints people had with the 410, including price.

You said Enthoo Pro too many times, you were reviewing the Phantom 410, remember?

The Phantom 240 adressed some of the complaints people had with the 410, including price.

I was saying how there was better options. Ive never seen an entho pro in real life, just to get that straight.

But it looks stupid:

NZXT-Phantom-240-Mid-Tower-Case-002.jpg

Doesnt have the sexy looks a 410 has (when you dont get close)

Looks cartoony to me.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thanks very helpful :)

Doesnt have the sexy looks a 410 has (when you dont get close)

Looks cartoony to me.

Cartoony? How?

It has similar internals, a complete window (nobody uses the side panel fan anyway), and a refreshed design.

The 410 is a old case with crappy paint :(

Cartoony? How?

It has similar internals, a complete window (nobody uses the side panel fan anyway), and a refreshed design.

The 410 is a old case with crappy paint :(

Its all curved and stupid looking.

93b.jpg

Its all curved and stupid looking.

Cases are a personal preference, but I don't think it looks 'stupid'.

Cases are a personal preference, but I don't think it looks 'stupid'.

Right.

I personaly, will never buy a phantom, and most likley never get an NZXT case ever again.

Right.

I personaly, will never buy a phantom, and most likley never get an NZXT case ever again.

The have their pros and cons, but you can never say no to a case from the Source series!

The have their pros and cons, but you can never say no to a case from the Source series!

Eh. 

UNfortunatly, i have seen the light, and now am a case snob.

Next case i buy will be from the likes of silverstone (but not raven), or Inwin, or lian li.

Never will i get a corsair or nzxt case.

Why don't we just fabricate a custom window? like a full side panel made from just acrillic? 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Why don't we just fabricate a custom window? like a full side panel made from just acrillic? 

I think it isnt worth it for this case

Eh. 

UNfortunatly, i have seen the light, and now am a case snob.

Next case i buy will be from the likes of silverstone (but not raven), or Inwin, or lian li.

Never will i get a corsair or nzxt case.

I see what you mean, I used to see the Lian Li cases and think they are just an unpainted chassis, but after playing with one for a while you see it's a whole difference experience.

The Source series scream for someone to mod and personalize them, with basic looking budget cases I want to go all crazy and paint, cut and add stuff everywhere. I did with a Source 210 and I love that case for it.

I'm still not confident enough to do the same to a PC-A51 or PC-7H, or a Cubitek Magic Cube, if you know what I mean.

I see what you mean, I used to see the Lian Li cases and think they are just an unpainted chassis, but after playing with one for a while you see it's a whole difference experience.

The Source series scream for someone to mod and personalize them, with basic looking budget cases I want to go all crazy and paint, cut and add stuff everywhere. I did with a Source 210 and I love that case for it.

I'm still not confident enough to do the same to a PC-A51 or PC-7H, or a Cubitek Magic Cube, if you know what I mean.

Yeah.

Nice case, but i say its only worth about 70$. For the 100$ case market, there are much better contenders, like the enthoo pro.

I agree with the whole review, the reason i got mine was because i bought it for $50 on eBay with no problems...great looking and functioning case.

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Yea but that case is ugly, but the phantom is amazing

I disagree.

I feel cooler just looking at your profile gif.

Its an Ap123 fan, the best fan there is

Better than corsair or Noctua?

OK, well def better than corsair, they are not that good.

And when on a radiator or grill its quieter than an Nf-f12, and better looking (tho doesnt fit with some themes)

Her at 7 min it shows

OK, well def better than corsair, they are not that good.

And when on a radiator or grill its quieter than an Nf-f12, and better looking (tho doesnt fit with some themes)

Her at 7 min it shows

I've been looking to replace my fans, I have shitty $5 fans for the LED. If i get a high performance fan, then my case will be dark, So I dunno

Spec in review doesn't match the 410. Sounds more like the 240. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Spec in review doesn't match the 410. Sounds more like the 240.

Huh? I'm confused what you are talking about

Huh? I'm confused what you are talking about

Turns out i'm just being anal about not including the 1x140mm front mount. Although you're right about the enthoo pro being arguably a better case. While it may not be a looker it does take E-ATX (yay!) and SSI EEB. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III