Metro Redux release date announced

Metro Redux launches on 29th August 2014 in Europe and 26th August in the US for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Deep Silver has announced.

Metro Redux includes remastered versions of 4A Games shooters Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light alongside all previously released add-on content.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-24-metro-redux-release-date-announced?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

not sure what to say i didn't play any of the metro games but now i am thinking about picking them up

I already bought 2033 in last years steam summer sale but may have to pick up redux for last light and all the dlc

If you don't own the metro games then buy these because they are great.

If you do own the metro games already and think having to pay for the updates is BS then I'm sure you'll do what I'm going to do and pirate them.

I already bought 2033 in last years steam summer sale but may have to pick up redux for last light and all the dlc

There is no point. Just get the complete edition, it's cheaper and there is no difference. Metro Redux just comes with Last Light and 2033. Unless there is something I don't know. I just got Last Light in the summer sale so I have no reason to buy this.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

There is no point. Just get the complete edition, it's cheaper and there is no difference. Metro Redux just comes with Last Light and 2033. Unless there is something I don't know. I just got Last Light in the summer sale so I have no reason to buy this.

It's more than just a graphics update for Metro 2033.(Metro Last Light is still pretty much the same)

Metro 2033 (Redux) will feature Metro Last Light Engine,advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customisation, and silent kills and take-downs.

But I'm for sure not going to buy for this .

RTX2070OC 

It's more than just a graphics update for Metro 2033.(Metro Last Light is still pretty much the same)

Metro 2033 (Redux) will feature Metro Last Light Engine,advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customisation, and silent kills and take-downs.

But I'm for sure not going to buy for this .

I know that Metro 2033 was getting an overhaul but Last Light what is happening to that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I can't wait. :)

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

The point of this is bringing the franchise to PS4 and Xbone.

I don't know what they plan to do with it on PC.

*Edit, apparently this has been known since May.

Created in-house at the Ukrainian studio by some 80 people over the course of a year, Metro Redux for Linux, Mac, PlayStation 4, SteamOS, Windows PC and Xbox One will be a "complete remaster," according to publisher Deep Silver.

The original Metro 2033 has been rebuilt in the engine developed for its sequel, Last Light, according to Deep Silver brand manager Huw Beynon, bringing with it a host of improvements that affect its visuals and gameplay.

Metro 2033 is getting an all-new lighting engine and performs better on lower end PC hardware, Beynon said. It will also borrow a few gameplay elements from Last Light, adding the option to wipe your character's mask clean of condensation or blood splatter, as well as introduce new combat improvements — like stealth takedowns — and weapon customization. 2033's cinematics have been redone and are now presented in first-person perspective.

With the added horsepower and memory of new-generation consoles, Metro 2033 is also getting more level detail in Redux. The game will feature day and night cycles, and levels will boast greater visual fidelity. Some have even been expanded or connected; the "Dead City" section in Metro 2033, which was originally spread across two levels, will be a single level in the remaster.

The Metro: LL version will contain some little added features and lighting updates. At least back in May, they have stated that both games will be running at 60FPS on both Xbone and PS4, but the Xbone will have a resolution of 900p and the PS4 will be running in 1080p.