After nearly 30 yrs, a new glitch was discovered in the NES Super Mario Bros

Super Mario Bros on NES was released in 1985, nearly 30 yrs ago. Even it is such an old game, new glitch is still discovered, as shown in a youtube video, which you can collect an infinite amount of 1UPs halfway through the game.

Through a video recently uploaded to YouTube, it was proven that there's a trick within the game's code that allows you to collect an infinite amount of 1UPs halfway through the game. This near-thirty-years-later discovery requires that you start a two player game and get Mario's trusty brother working hard to pull it off.

First, you must first take player one's Mario to the second level of the game and throw away your first life. With Luigi taking over, player two must traverse all the way to World 5-2 and find the hidden beanstalk block halfway through the stage. Once there, Luigi must start climbing the vines, however, he must await - and take on the chin -an incoming projectile from one of the Hammer Bros. Upon being hit, once player one resumes control of Mario, the beanstalk from World 5-2 will start growing in World 1-2, providing all you need to infinitely kick shells for unlimited bonuses.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/infinite-1up-glitch-discovered-in-nintendo-nes-super-mario-bros-nearly-three-decades-later.html

wow

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Holy shit. That's... actually quite *french accent* incredible...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

rhpsf.gif okay.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Very cool stuff

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Pretty cool!  Makes the game less fun, but whatever.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I know it doesn't matter, but, come on, you're going to make that kind of comment?

Yes, I will. I feel I must as an old Mario fan. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

How strange that killing Luigi as he's climbing a vine grows a vine in 1-2. Since there are normally Goomba's in 1-2 (2nd playthough, there are bettles?) . . . ..

Yes, I will. I feel I must as an old Mario fan. -_-

Then how's it different than the classic jump-on-koopa-shell infinite 1-up trick besides being about ten times more out of the way?

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Then how's it different than the classic jump-on-koopa-shell infinite 1-up trick besides being about ten times more out of the way?

Cheats are cheats. How can you enjoy the awesomeness of Mario or any game when you spoil it with cheats? Takes the fun right out of it. :(

Cheats are cheats. How can you enjoy the awesomeness of Mario or any game when you spoil it with cheats? Takes the fun right out of it. :(

By not using them, usually, except for the 5 or 6 times I get bored from beating it under 10 minutes for the 48th time and want to try the levels I've only gone through once or twice when I was six.

By not using them, usually, except for the 5 or 6 times I get bored from beating it under 10 minutes for the 48th time and want to try the levels I've only gone through once or twice when I was six.

Well then, in the situation that you have beaten the game so thoroughly cheats aren't so bad. However, I would personally never use cheats like infinite lives or the like to play through a game.

Well then, in the situation that you have beaten the game so thoroughly cheats aren't so bad. However, I would personally never use cheats like infinite lives or the like to play through a game.

Not the first time, no, but this game is 30 years old and the fun is finding glitches that nobody knew existed which is why this is awesome.

damn such a big glitch took so long to discover, i wonder what else is undiscoverd in other games.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.