IRdac/Help finding dac for tubeAMP Headphones

So they are a fast headphone, I guess that is good for movies. ultimately I would have to try them out and see how they are. Well then time to start saving my pennies.  

So they are a fast headphone, I guess that is good for movies. ultimately I would have to try them out and see how they are. Well then time to start saving my pennies.  

Fast headphone? Fast headphone = good for movies?

Forgive me, but did you really know what you're talking about?

• 9 months later...

Here is an update I have purchased the HE-560 they sound Amazing. Have seen a video review of the  WA7 the reviewer was saying that he found an improvement by adding a dedicated dac to the wa7.

What are peoples thoughts on that? 

https://youtu.be/yrR48pQTQhc

Here is an update I have purchased the HE-560 they sound Amazing. Have seen a video review of the  WA7 the reviewer was saying that he found an improvement by adding a dedicated dac to the wa7.

I think expensive amps and DACs are stupid. If you want to get all audiofeelsy, Head-Fi can help you throw away money better than we can.

How fast do they go?

Fast, as in how quickly your money is wasted.

I'll just leave my experience here, you're free to make any sense of it:

- so I have the HE400, right. Originally I was using E10 (not k) with it. Sounds good, but still got mild distortions on low notes. Reading around, I came to the conclusion that a bus powered dac/amp might not provide stable enough currents for HE400

- replaced it with Aune T1 tube DAC + SS amp. Main reason because in the spec, it can output 1000mW (1W) max, and the tube dac (going tube-y for a change of pace)

- replaced the stock tube (which is very 'meh') with a cheap vokshod 6922

- did a capacitor mod on the Aune. Basically changing a few pair of capacitors inside to another brand/specs. To my surprise, this upgraded the sound by quite a bit. If we're to waive the cause as different brands, then it might be because of different specs caps used.

- at this point, I believed I've done all I can to optimize it. The dac part is amazing, while the amps is still a bit 'meh'. I know this because I tried using the dac part with a separate amp, and it sounded better than the integrated amp

- recently I read a few articles about the role of 'AC power conditioner' and 'EMI/RFI filter' in audio setup, originally for home/speakers setup. AC power conditioner cost quite a bit, so I went with the EMI/RFI filter, which I found for only $3. The differences are amazing. Now I understand that the amp part of the Aune is actually very good sounding, it's just the power line of my office that's noisy. This escaped my observation in the past, because the dac part was already functioning superbly, so I thought if there's a problem with the power line, it would affect the dac as well as the amp. Turned out not quite exactly the case here. Seems like the amp part got affected a lot more than the dac part. 

- all in all, with just this one Aune device, I was 'wowed' 3 times. First when I replaced stock tube with the vokshod, second when I did the caps mod, third when I added the RFI filter. 

Well, feel free to make any sense of it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you dig hard enough (found all the mods on the net), there are actually quite a few stuffs you can do/mod to your existing system, as opposed to replacing and/or adding a new one. 

SSL sounds like you think spending money on audio equipment is not worth it. 

creatip123 thanks for the tips I did add a audio Quest cinnamon usb cable it felt like it elevated the audio quality. Like it added more detail.  

creatip123 thanks for the tips I did add a audio Quest cinnamon usb cable it felt like it elevated the audio quality. Like it added more detail.  

Oh man, you've gone down that road....

Here's something to ponder about: USB cable = cable to pass through digital data. Are you with me so far? Now, digital = digit = a sequence of 0 and 1. Now think about this logically: what can an exotic USB cable contributes to a sequence of 0 and 1? Add more 0 or 1? That'd mean altering the data. Add 2? Breaking the rules of digital data. It does basically nothing.

Yes, very bad USB cables will perform poorly, such as bad connection, interference might cause jitters, and so on. But you don't really need a super exotic USB cable to remedy that. A $2-$10 USB cable should be good enough. If you're dying to add something, just add a (or some) ferrite bead(s), $2-$5 each. 

SSL sounds like you think spending money on audio equipment snake oil is not worth it.

Fixed!

Oh shit oh shit oh shit, you probably should go to headfi and leave this place. 

I can understand schiit wyrd (clean power and all), but no usb cable doesn't change any sound at all, you're hearing placebo, sir. 

and innerfidelity's tyll had done the research

Oh shit oh shit oh shit, you probably should go to headfi and leave this place. 

I can understand schiit wyrd (clean power and all), but no usb cable doesn't change any sound at all, you're hearing placebo, sir. 

and innerfidelity's tyll had done the research

Oh well, Audio Quest's USB cable price tag starts from $25. Kinda acceptable, paying for good looks, and more durability compared to mass productions. Let's hope the one he got isn't the Audio Q DIamond, $549, 0.75m.....

yea I know that it is all snake oil, I just wanted to see for myself if was fake or not. Yea I know a just threw money away. Well just saying what I heard.  It was the cinnamon red cable and was 75 dollars I believe. 

Dammit, should've saved the "Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" comment for this thread.  :D 

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

yea I know that it is all snake oil, I just wanted to see for myself if was fake or not. Yea I know a just threw money away. Well just saying what I heard.  It was the cinnamon red cable and was 75 dollars I believe. 

Uhh, well, this is actually the first time I've heard of someone buying stuffs, knowing that they're snake oils beforehand....

In the end, it's your money, I guess.....