Canned Air alternative

Puma911

Don't be lazy and clean if yourself...

saliva risk :P

Not if you're good at it and don't spit everywhere.. I'm always out of compressed air and too lazy to start up the compressor, so I just use my lungs quite often and I've never had any problems.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Am I the only one that takes its time and cleans it carefully with a tissue ._.?

...and disassemble fans to clean blades with water and put some oil

Unless it's a mini-ITX case then probably..... That seems like a lot of work for just brushing dust off.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Get a DataVac

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I abandoned this thread lulz. I recently came across this http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f162/ and was pretty stoked. Also that thing ^^^

Get a DataVac

I'm guessing this is something similar 

edit: oops it is that thing

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Vacuum that thing...

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I have that but unfortunately it's very loud and it can get pretty hot if used for extended periods of time.

a clean large VERY soft brush 

Corsair 650D, i5-4690K (Corsair h50 cooler), Asus ROG maximus VII Ranger, Asus GTX 980ti Strix, 16GB Corsair Vengeance pro series Red (2x8gb 2400mhz), Corsair HX850W, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Sennheiser HD595 / Beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250 ohm, Samsung 850 pro 128GB / WD black/blue/green, OCZ vertex 3 60gb . Corsair M40/Corsair k70.

Hey I heard JJ in a newegg video talking about a device he uses as a canned air alternative. I think the thing he described was a simple pump that built up pressure he could then release through a nozzle or something. Anybody know where I can get something like that? I'd probably save a fortune on canned air if it lasts.

It would be an air compressor but I would get one that has a water filter.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

you can do " fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" with your mouth

maybe is will work and maybe your pc will get wet

You'll inevitable spit on it a little bit while doing that. It's highly unlikely that it will cause any issues specially if everything is off but just saying that in the remote case that you end up shorting something or that you find the thought of leaving spit, mucus and overall DNA on your rig not pleasant.

I usually go with Legodude's suggestion: just disassemble as much as I can and use a small, clean and dry paint brush.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have a pump used for an inflatable bed, I use that.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

Air compressor but you have to make sure you regulate it down to 30-40 psi to be safe.

I just bought myself a "Metro Data Vacuum ED500 Datavac Electric Duster" a few years ago (the others posted Amazon links to it already), easier to use than a compressor, hassle free, just plug it in an electrical outlet and press the button, that's all. This thing pushes more air than ordinary canned air.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Here is a harbor freight air compressor: http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-compressors/3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-pancake-air-compressor-95275.html

You can get different attachments for them including air nozzles, tire inflators, paint sprayers, air brush kits, etc... 

It's a good investment if you are crafty and are a modder, you can also adjust th pressure depending on the part you are cleaning, low for fins on  radiator or high for hardrives or just inside the case or PSU.

For 60 bucks it's hard to go wrong and you can get a lifetime warranty too if i remember right.

Here is a harbor freight air compressor: http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-compressors/3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-pancake-air-compressor-95275.html

You can get different attachments for them including air nozzles, tire inflators, paint sprayers, air brush kits, etc... 

It's a good investment if you are crafty and are a modder, you can also adjust th pressure depending on the part you are cleaning, low for fins on  radiator or high for hardrives or just inside the case or PSU.

For 60 bucks it's hard to go wrong and you can get a lifetime warranty too if i remember right.

Looks pretty neat. I kinda like the datavac though just because it is smaller.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

my vacuum cleaner can blow air

sooo ..... :|

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I have a ghetto air compressor that consists of a 2 liter soda bottle and a bicycle pump that I use.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

• 2 weeks later...

Having an air compressor is extremely useful. especially in cases like the EVGA Hadron.

qBMW2TO.jpg

Use a hair drier on cold setting, if you have a chick around who you can borrow if from.

Oh shit this is probably the wrong forum for this suggestion to work.

jk jk peeps

Aren't you supposed to grab your fans so they don't spin and don't induce electriucity? :D

I like how everyone is ignoring this part of your post

I like how everyone is ignoring this part of your post

Haha. :D But it's a fact, right? I am not an electrical engineer but that's how it is(?).

who cares...