Mini ITX living room gaming setup.

It's essentially a console replacement. I'm not expecting to play the best graphics games here since that would be for my proper Gaming PC, but at least I would like to run the more casual games (like fighting games, racing games, older emulated games etc) at 1080p with 60fps on my 30" Samsung LED TV.

My budget looms around $600-$650.

Here is the stuff I picked out but I'm not really sure if its optimized for a proper price to performance ratio. I would really appreciate any help and advice. =)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/aeterna789/saved/#savedbuild_1109014

I was actually planning to skip the liquid cooling and just go for the stock HSF and replacing the SSD for a regular HDD to save money.

I would also like to use my wireless Xbox 360 controller on it, so will a regular Bluetooth adapter work?

UPDATED List:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/aeterna789/saved/4HJ7

should get rid of the ssd and get a regular hdd far more storage for cheaper 120gb is going to go so quick also instead of the apu get an athlon 760k skip the cpu cooler and put that money into a r9 270 or something.

should get rid of the ssd and get a regular hdd far more storage for cheaper 120gb is going to go so quick also instead of the apu get an athlon 760k skip the cpu cooler and put that money into a r9 270 or something.

I think an SSD might be worth it considering I turn my console on and off after use. SSD would be good for a quick start up. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Get the HDD instead, SSD speeds are nice but 120GB is not that much for games, some things I'd do is get a different CPU, maybe the Athlon 760K and get a different PSU, 550W is waay overkill.

i'm a potato

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Regarding the CPU unfortunately the Athlon 760K is not available in my country.

As for the SSD vs HDD, I think I'll go with a regular HDD and just upgrade to a boot SSD in the future.

As for the PSU, It has been so long since I went shopping for a PSU so I have no idea which to get. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Regarding the CPU unfortunately the Athlon 760K is not available in my country.

As for the SSD vs HDD, I think I'll go with a regular HDD and just upgrade to a boot SSD in the future.

As for the PSU, It has been so long since I went shopping for a PSU so I have no idea which to get. Any suggestions?

Oh, ok. Take a look at this PSU: https://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx430

i'm a potato

Why not the Silverstone RVZ01?

Contacted the store and they said that particular PSU has been outofstock for some time and might never be replenished.

They do have the Cooler Master 450w Thunder PSU, which is the smallest capacity on their list. Unfortunately this PSU is not listed in Part Picker.

Why not the Silverstone RVZ01?

It's unavailable here sadly. =(

Contacted the store and they said that particular PSU has been outofstock for some time and might never be replenished.

They do have the Cooler Master 450w Thunder PSU, which is the smallest capacity on their list. Unfortunately this PSU is not listed in Part Picker.

Oh, ok. In that case see if the price makes that big of a difference and choose between the one you selected and that one.

i'm a potato

It's unavailable here sadly. =(

It would have been the perfect case, right?

Oh, ok. In that case see if the price makes that big of a difference and choose between the one you selected and that one.

Its practically the same price, I'll probably get the one which is available when I actually order the parts. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep my eyes open for any other 400-450w PSU if new stock does come in.

It would have been the perfect case, right?

Just saw Linus' video, yes it would have been PERFECT for my build, but I don't have access to it unless I order online which carries expensive shipping cost. I could wait for it to be available but in my experience, ITX cases are too niche of a market where I am.

An answer to your Xbox 360 Controller:

You'll need a receiver, the controller doesn't use bluetooth, it uses a proprietary 2.4Ghz communications protocol. Pick one of these up: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2

Oh wow I never knew that. I always used an Xbox 360 wired controller with my desktop so I never got around to learning that the wireless version needed a receiver. Thanks!