What phone should I get? HTC One (M7) or Nexus 5?

razor767

Yet another "What phone should I get?" topic but I really need some help. Getting a new phone within the next few days and I've narrowed it down to these 2 phones. I need some help on which phone is best for me?

What I'm looking for in a phone:

• Good quality display
  • Fast/smooth overall performance (including games)
  • Good battery life
  • Good stock ROM/Software

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

I feel overall I love the nexus 5 more.Have both but I have had my htc one m7 for 1 year and it's as awesome as it was first day.

You should probably see if you can try them out in person to get an idea of which you prefer.

3310, they are still da best

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

If you put a custom ROM on the M7, it will get 4/4 you said. If you stick with the stock ROM, it will get everything but good software. Nexus 5 is decent but the big issue with it is the battery life.

Basically pick your poison.

I'd go with HTC One because:

- It has a better display than Nexus 5 (Nexus 5's LCD is a bit washed out)

- Even though it has a Snapdragon 600, its still fast enough for almost any use

- Reports does say HTC One has a better battery life compared to Nexus. I've had HTC One (M7) for about 2 months now and it's battery is pretty solid (about 2 days with whatsapp, fb, bbm, web browsing, and gaming once in a while)

- IMO HTC Sense adds functionality to the stock firmware without much visual changes. Also HTC is pretty decent with updates too unlike Samsung

- Front facing speakers, huge THUMBS UP

- Good looking, metal design

You should probably see if you can try them out in person to get an idea of which you prefer.

Have very briefly tried both, the HTC has the better display. As for the ROM, I am leaning towards stock Android.  

If you put a custom ROM on the M7, it will get 4/4 you said. If you stick with the stock ROM, it will get everything but good software. Nexus 5 is decent but the big issue with it is the battery life.

Basically pick your poison.

I'm completely new to custom ROMs. How high is the risk of bricking a phone? Will it void the warranty?

I'm completely new to custom ROMs. How high is the risk of bricking a phone? Will it void the warranty?

you should read my guide linked in my sig. :)

you should read my guide linked in my sig. :)

Thanks

I actually traded in my old HTC One for a Nexus 5 and I've got no regrets. It's noticeably Snappier, I can actually use the zoom function on the camera now when I couldn't before without it becoming pixelated.

Overall I definitely prefer it. I don't really miss the build quality, even though it is VERY nice.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I've had the N5 but I'd say go for the M7. The build quality is much better, the screen is better, and supposedly the battery is better. Sense is pretty clean and snappy and adds value over stock android these days.

Thanks for your input everyone. If anyone else wants to chime in, I'd appreciate it.

Just ordered a HTC One, thanks again everyone.

Just ordered a HTC One, thanks again everyone.

Fantastic! Enjoy your new phone!

Fantastic! Enjoy your new phone!

Thanks, think I'll be sticking round these forums for a while. 

3310, they are still da best

nah nah nah man you got use the 

Motorola DynaTAC that's the best in class 

$$金Trill金$$

but in general I would say get the HTC One because even though the Nexus 5 has stock android most of the stuff from HTC isn't so bad besides the camera. The display is quite better battery depends on how your using it both have 2300mAH batteries Nexus 5 you pull a little bit more out of since you don't have anything bogging it down. Both are great in gaming though the One can get really hot really fast because of the aluminium while the Nexus 5 get's warm but not burning your hand, the thing that separates the too in gaming or any kind of media consumption are the speakers. Hands down the One has better speakers in any other phone on the market besides it's bigger brother.

$$金Trill金$$