Project Hermes (900D, Titan-SLI)

Gishan

No in progress shots :(. That looks really good though. I do hate having a 6 and 6+2 on the same cable too...

I love how you can't see the tubing from the top radiator. So stealthy

Absolutely beautiful. Great work.

Update 04

Here is a pic of the backside:

Elvifv5l.jpg

I've taken some more pics while building it, but their quality isn't that good (bad lightning & phone cam :<).
But I can post it if you are interested.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800

Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, SDDs: 2x 850 Pro 512GB, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Corsair 900D

Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14886-project-hermes-900d-titan-sli/

But I can post it if you are interested.

I would be interested. Great build btw

I would be interested.

+1. Posting progress pics is kinda the point of a build log. Not everybody can have

fancy cameras and/or perfect lighting, and that's ok.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Update 05

Okay, so here are the pics as requested:

empty case with some fans allready changed

xCL3Qcpl.jpg

front fans

EAoEYoxl.jpg

with board inside (it looks sooo tiny :))

a4hl6Y8l.jpg

with cpu block installed

RoVK9kel.jpg

with titans and tubing

bWYn5yCl.jpg

radiators installed

p5xbTqXl.jpg

cpu block (close up)

kdUa2dBl.jpg

another close up

JMQCzATl.jpg

preparing leak testing

emzStyml.jpg

leak testing

rCDg9Sjl.jpg

leak testing complete

5jdbqW9l.jpg

vKElj2yl.jpg

8f3bHAKl.jpg

42CPOZfl.jpg

a beautiful rear can also endear :)

Q5fsGYbl.jpg

a little bit messy at the bottom

7CtYJzHl.jpg

the current state (not final)

mPskMm7l.jpg

mjzKSC2l.jpg

tTJKeZWl.jpg

YP7SVlpl.jpg

3csTKTCl.jpg

4f67Fnal.jpg

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800

Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, SDDs: 2x 850 Pro 512GB, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Corsair 900D

Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14886-project-hermes-900d-titan-sli/

Update 06

And here are pics of my battlestation as a whole:

51TAR6hl.jpg

dont worry - that little cupboard it stands on will be exchanged for a bigger one very soon :D

1XPksznl.jpg

Yeah, that motherboard is dwarfed :lol:.

there are allot of bubels in the water

and why is the res not full?

nice build! ;)

there are allot of bubels in the water

and why is the res not full?

nice build! ;)

The bubbles are only at the upper part of the res. The tubes are bubble-free and the reservoirs seem to be free too. And temps are fine. So I dont think this is a problem but will try to get them out of the res. ;)

In my oppinion the res looks better when not filled to the max. But maybe I'll fill it to compare the looks. There won't be any performance differences or am I wrong?

That little more liquid can't change the average temp too much.

Thanks for your constructive feedback!

The bubbles are only at the upper part of the res. The tubes are bubble-free and the reservoirs seem to be free too. And temps are fine. So I dont think this is a problem but will try to get them out of the res. ;)

In my oppinion the res looks better when not filled to the max. But maybe I'll fill it to compare the looks. There won't be any performance differences or am I wrong?

That little more liquid can't change the average temp too much.

Thanks for your constructive feedback!

there will be no major diffrence

but you will see 1-2 temp change

and i belive it looks much better when full

but its your decision

Update 07

Finally got a new cupboard and installed the LEDs.

Go16XLUl.jpg

aExISCTl.jpg

OaPbiqzl.jpg

Aaand I fixed the ugly PCI-E cables :)

OAWxBepl.jpg

jNEsWJel.jpg

Update 08

For those who are interested here are some oc and temp results I got.

But I must say that I haven't done much oc as of now as I don't have much time right now.

Overclocks

• CPU @ 4.2 GHz (pushing it when I've got more time; quick'n dirty oc to 4.5 worked flawless)
  • GPUs @ 106% power target, gpu clock +109, mem clock +222

Temperatures

• idle: 31°C
  • ingame (Arma 3 maxed out): 42°C

everything @ 27°C room temperature, CPU @ 4.2 GHz, GPU overclocked (106% power target, gpu clock +109, mem clock +222)

cpu and gpu temps vary about 1°C

Update 03

Sooo after months of waiting for my 900D to arrive... I finally got it last thursday!!!

I'm still working on details (lightning, fans, cable management) but I thougth it is in a state were I can share it with you. :)

uX2X8rbl.jpg

As this is my very first custom loop I would like to get your feedback on it!

Beautiful!!

and very well put together!! Love it  :wub:

Looks like your 2nd titan is actually a little bit sagged? Might be the tubing between the 2 cards? Other then that, god i can't wait till I get myself a watercooling PC! 

Thanks for sharing. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Aren't you "webtourist" on YouTube..???

No, he has a similar looking build but components differ a little bit.

Looks like your 2nd titan is actually a little bit sagged? Might be the tubing between the 2 cards? Other then that, god i can't wait till I get myself a watercooling PC! 

Thanks for sharing. 

I've noticed that too but the cards sits perfectly fine.

The tubing puts no pressure on it as I can tell. And even if it would then the card wouldn't bend at its far end I think.

Don't know... everything runs so smooth right now that I don't want to tear anything apart :)

Thanks to all for your interest in this build!

Haven't even dreamed that I would manage to build something like that. It is my first w/c build and definitely not my last!

Nice build love the red :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Nicely done

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Great looking build! The only problem I have with it is that you're using a keyboard with a green backlight instead of red :P

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Nice build man, wish i had the space for a 900D  :(

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"