Project Hermes (900D, Titan-SLI)

Gishan

Hi everyone,

I proudly present my new build named after, the greek god of games, hermes.

As a descendant of the titans he contains the power of two of them.

This project is still in progress and will be for another 2-3 weeks or so as I am awaiting the case to arrive.

I'll update this build log as soon as I start filling the case with all the goodies I've got lying around here.  :)

Updates

Components
  • CPU: Intel 3930K
  • GPUs: 2x Zotac GTX Titan
  • Ram: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz
  • Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
  • Sound: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
  • Speaker: Corsair SP 2500
  • Headset: Beyer Dynamics MMX300
  • HDDs: Samsung 830 (2x 64 GB, 1x 512GB)
  • PSU: Corsair AX860i (using red sleeved cables)
  • Case: Corsair 900D
Watercooling
  • CPU: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ (Acetal + Nickel)
  • GPUs: EK-FC Titan XXL Edition incl. Backplate
  • Res: EK-RES X3 400
  • Rad1: EK-CoolStream RAD XTX 480
  • Rad2: EK-CoolStream RAD XTX 360
  • Tubes: Masterkleer 3/8" ID
  • Pump: Laing D5 Vario (incl. EK-D5 X-Top Acetal)
  • Coolant: EK-Ekoolant Blood Red
  • Fittings: EK-CSQ Fittings Black
  • Fans (Rads): 7x Corsair SP120 Quiet PWM
  • Fans (Case): 2x Corsair AF120 / 1x 140 Quiet
Peripherals
  • Mouse: Razer Ouroboros
  • Keyboard: Razer Black Widow 2013 Ultimate
  • Speaker: Corsair SP 2500
  • Headset: Beyer Dynamics MMX300
  • Monitors: 3x Benq XL2420T
  • Storage: Synology DS212j (4TB in Raid 0)

NDdzsUgl.jpg

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800

Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, SDDs: 2x 850 Pro 512GB, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Corsair 900D

Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14886-project-hermes-900d-titan-sli/

Update 01

All the components lined up for a group photo. They are really missing the 900D... :(

MR4evZrl.jpg

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5 GHz, GPUs: 2x GTX Titan, Mobo: Rampage V Extreme, Ram: 32GB Dominator 2800

Sound: Essence STX & SP 2500, SDDs: 2x 850 Pro 512GB, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Corsair 900D

Cooling: Full custom w/c loop (CPU, both GPUs), Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/14886-project-hermes-900d-titan-sli/

you really should see the xspc razor titan block, it looks sooo good

i think you forgot to buy a thermalpaste xD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186038

use that for the cpu and the gpu's and whatever else your cooling

why buy samsung 830 when the 840 is available? And the fact that a new faster series is coming out later this year

and buy yourself a 1tb hdd you will need it for backup

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Looks awesome what did this cost you? :P

Looks like an awesome line up of parts, so I can't wait to see you start posting up some pictures of it.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

i think you forgot to buy a thermalpaste xD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186038

use that for the cpu and the gpu's and whatever else your cooling

why buy samsung 830 when the 840 is available? And the fact that a new faster series is coming out later this year

and buy yourself a 1tb hdd you will need it for backup

I haven't forgot the thermalpaste - just didn't mention it.

The 830s are from my old build. All important files are stored on a 4tb synology nas which I backup daily on external hdds. :)

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! :)

Holy shiz it's going to be awesome!

subbed! ;)

lol ok then

nice build gonna be epiic!!

I wonder if you can get stable 120hz @ bf3 that would be awesome for sniping

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

More 900D pr0n... cant wait.. make sure you have heaps of pics please.

would like to see it finished it would look awesome

I will patiently wait for updates. I haven't seen a 900D build log yet.

If you wanted to be an absolute champion, you COULD paint it beige. And the peasants would rejoice.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

• 3 weeks later...

Update 02

Seems the 900D will not be available for a long time (at least here in austria).

Amazon is giving me an ETA of july or august for my order.

As I've gotten some Amazon gift coupons I'll have to order it from there.

To test all parts I have built the system in my old case (no watercooling of course).

• 3 weeks later...

short update:

Seems the 900D will not be available for a long time (at least here in austria).

Amazon is giving me an ETA of july or august for my order.

As I've gotten some Amazon gift coupons I'll have to order it from there.

To test all parts I have built the system in my old case (no watercooling of course).

TJ11 would also be a good option, if that's avaliable

• 2 weeks later...

Update 03

Sooo after months of waiting for my 900D to arrive... I finally got it last thursday!!!

I'm still working on details (lightning, fans, cable management) but I thougth it is in a state were I can share it with you. :)

uX2X8rbl.jpg

As this is my very first custom loop I would like to get your feedback on it!

I proudly present my new build named after, the greek god of games, hermes.

Hehe, I still have a laptop called Hermes (Dell Precision M60 from 2004, still works! :)).

I've been naming my PCs after Greek gods for years. So far I've had Helios (log here),

Zeus (log here), Mars, Poseidon and Hermes.

Very nice build you have here. Red/Black is a classic for a good reason, after all. :)

Update 03

Sooo after months of waiting for my 900D to arrive... I finally got it last thursday!!!

I'd say the loop is pretty well laid out, but maybe the cable mess around the GPU

power connectors could be made to look a bit more orderly?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'd say the loop is pretty well laid out, but maybe the cable mess around the GPU

power connectors could be made to look a bit more orderly?

Yeah I know, I tried to tidy it up. But the PCI-E cables are single ones that split to 1x 6-pin and 1x 6+2-pin at the end and are stiff as hell... I'll maybe get new cables to get better looks.

Update 03

I'm still working on details (lightning, fans, cable management) but I thougth it is in a state were I can share it with you. :)

uX2X8rbl.jpg

Was it worth the wait? Haha lol

Yeah I know, I tried to tidy it up. But the PCI-E cables are single ones that split to 1x 6-pin and 1x 6+2-pin at the end and are stiff as hell... I'll maybe get new cables to get better looks.

Yeah those can be very resistant to tidiness. :lol:

Do I smell fully custom cables in the future? :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic