Popcorn will be available on android

chitranjan

Popcorn Time’s evolution continues. A popular fork of the original software is launching on Android as soon as tomorrow baring any unforeseen delays, one of the developers tells TechCrunch. The software also recently gained TV shows from HBO and others, making it a one-stop-shop for all your pirating needs.

Like the original, this version of Popcorn Time makes it a watching pirated movies a trivial task. It’s essentially Netflix with content you actually want to watch. And it’s free — and a bit shady since, you know, it’s pirated content. Since TechCrunch first covered Popcorn Time, the software has become more stable and gained additional content and features including TV shows.

The developers of this fork of Popcorn Time tells TechCrunch that they have yet to receive any legal flak from the MPAA or others. But they’re prepared if it comes. And with the Android app soon launching, the increase in attention might catch the eye of Hollywood’s legal hounds.

True to its original mission, the source code for the Android version will eventually be available on GitHub. Transparency could be Popcorn Time’s best defense.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/28/popcorn-time-is-coming-to-android-as-soon-as-tomorrow/

Did someone say popcorn, where? :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

nice

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Great :) Flixtor is also a pretty cool program. Which also have a andriod app

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I would love for my phone to supply me with popcorn  :lol:

srsly though, pretty neat, but will be a problem unless you have an unlimited plan

I would love for my phone to supply me with popcorn  :lol:

srsly though, pretty neat, but will be a problem unless you have an unlimited plan

Use wifi? 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I wouldn't recommend using the time4popcorn site or app they are releasing on android as a lot of people suspect it to be a virus. The original popcorn devs (get-popcorn) looked at the app's coding and found out it sends data from the installed computer to a server and has the potential to access all saved data on the PC. They also copied the original popcorn time's code and claimed it for their own. Again I would not recommend anyone uses their app's until it is confirmed to be legit. 

Use wifi? 

Because everyone wants to watch a movie on a 5" device. YUP.

Just just a computer or tablet, lel

Because everyone wants to watch a movie on a 5" device. YUP.

Just just a computer or tablet, lel

Not everyone has a tablet. If you own a phablet (note 3) it's not that bad, also late at night I don't wanna go to my computer nor do I have the option.

Sometimes you just don't wanna go to you're computer. But clearly you don't get that :)

Not everyone has a tablet. If you own a phablet (note 3) it's not that bad, also late at night I don't wanna go to my computer nor do I have the option.

Sometimes you just don't wanna go to you're computer. But clearly you don't get that :)

Watching movies on anything other than a monitor or a tv is a shitty experience

Watching movies on anything other than a monitor or a tv is a shitty experience

Not everybody thinks that. Off course a 5 inch screen is not a better experience than watching it on a 50 inch or 24 inch screen, but as i said, sometimes you dont feel like starting up your pc to watch a series/movie. Atlest i do not.

This is pretty dumb to keep discussing :P