Intel burn test is just really, really hot. 

Run Aida or Asus Real Bench suite for awhile and play some games. 

Aida/Asus Real Bench is about the only thing you can test for long periods of time on a evo 212 on a Haswell OC at that voltage.

Different temps on core is prob due to TIM under the lid. Haswell just uses really junky paste under there. You did fine on paste. If you didn't you would be past 100C and throttling on Intel burn test.

The people who still stick with Prime Blend and IBT have dual rad water cooling and even then they don't use those tests anymore when pushing past or near 1.3v on a Haswell. Aida should pretty much come with the chip in the box on K models lol :)

Is haswell that much hotter then ivybridge? at 1.28v with an h100i and prime blend, my chip wont pass 68c on the hottest core ever no matter what. I have push/pull with low low rpm fans for quiet operation. When i get home i'll be of better help and I'll post actual pics of my bios settings.

The Bulldozer Analogy - 8 guys work for a company called the mario kingdom. The company is tight on cash and trying to save money. So each guy is required to share an office and computer with the next guy to the left. Guy B cant finish is thesis on acid rains effect on the koopas until Guy A finishes watching game of thrones. The outcome is the Koopas turn into white walkers and attack mario the kingdom and everything is lost.

I think i understand your problem. What does cpu-z say your voltage is under windows. If you set up your voltage stationary at 1.24v and then add a cache voltage/turbo voltage, it adds on top of it so you may be really overvolting your cpu. artificially creating excessive heat. does it run hot like this on stock? The guide i liked above said it best. find out what it takes for your chip to run stable on offset with your preferred frequency. then lower the offset in the bios and compensate it with the turbo voltage. Its frustrating now but when everything is said and done your gonna say "Wow that was a lot of fun".

"Additional Turbo Voltage: Auto

~This setting will be changed later.

~This is just like the Offset but works ONLY when the CPU is not in idle state.

~The Offset works ALL the time, even at idle. This setting will allow you to keep a low Offset, and low idle voltage, while still getting the Vcore boost needed for full speed."

Sounds good, I'll try that tomorrow, I hope I find that magical Additional Turbo (Boost) Voltage setting  :)  Getting late over here, but I will attempt it tomorrow  :o

Intel burn test is just really, really hot. 

Run Aida or Asus Real Bench suite for awhile and play some games. 

Aida/Asus Real Bench is about the only thing you can test for long periods of time on a evo 212 on a Haswell OC at that voltage.

Different temps on core is prob due to TIM under the lid. Haswell just uses really junky paste under there. You did fine on paste. If you didn't you would be past 100C and throttling on Intel burn test.

The people who still stick with Prime Blend and IBT have dual rad water cooling and even then they don't use those tests anymore when pushing past or near 1.3v on a Haswell. Aida should pretty much come with the chip in the box on K models lol :)

I just did 22 minutes of Aida64 (4.4GHz and 1.195V) and got a maz temp of 79 degrees. Seems good to me, I might also try 4.2 and 4.3GHz tomorrow (with lower voltage) to see how much it changes ;) 

Also would aprox. 20 mins of Aida64 be enough for a rough stability test before a aprox. 8hour test? And should I use Aida64 for the 8 hour test and should it be CPU, Memory or both? Intel XTU also has a Memory stress test and a CPU stress test... then there is OCCT, Prime95, Intel Burn Test and Aida64 to choose from  :blink:

My PC:

Intel Core i5-4670K | ASUS Z87-Pro | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | MSI GTX760 TF OC Gaming 2GB | Corsair c70 | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB (SSD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB (HDD) | Corsair RM750 | Cooler Master 212 Evo | CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Red) | Corsair M65 | audio-technica ATH-M50 | Dell UltraSharp U2414H | Logitech C920 | Windows 10 Pro

Is haswell that much hotter then ivybridge? at 1.28v with an h100i my chip wont pass 68c on the hottest core ever no matter what. I have push/pull with low low rpm fans for quiet operation. When i get home i'll be of better help and I'll post actual pics of my bios settings.

Haswell is hot. REALLY hot lol. So are the AMD's when OC they just report temps different.

Devil's Canyon is supposedly going the Ivy Bridge VRM again also adding solder under the lid like old Sandy Bridges/2011 chips.

Intel did it so that cheap Z87 overclocked well on non crazy power phase top end motherboards. It was a nice idea, but in the end enthusiast builds with dual rad water/Rog boards who get 4.2 on water, while someone with my cheap mb gets 4.5 on air? It hasn't worked out great and it just ticks everyone off in the end. If you aren't keeping the people who drive the industry happy purchasing exotic cooling and 250-300 dollar motherboards? You are failing. Add to that I can't imagine the vendors were pleased that cheap boards were matching their top end mboards on 24/7 clocks.

The non solder under the lid? That was just Intel being cheap, or trying to sell their 2011 chips like they were with Ivy. 

So Haswell is nice for a budget enthusiast build where you don't care about aesthetics and are willing to take a roll of the dice, but can be crappy when going for top clocks on all enthusiast parts. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Is haswell that much hotter then ivybridge? at 1.28v with an h100i and prime blend, my chip wont pass 68c on the hottest core ever no matter what. I have push/pull with low low rpm fans for quiet operation. When i get home i'll be of better help and I'll post actual pics of my bios settings.

Thanks! :) The paste they use between the Cores and the IHS is supposedly bad quality -> hotter...

what deathjester said ^^ ;)

My PC:

Intel Core i5-4670K | ASUS Z87-Pro | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | MSI GTX760 TF OC Gaming 2GB | Corsair c70 | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB (SSD) | Seagate Barracuda 2TB (HDD) | Corsair RM750 | Cooler Master 212 Evo | CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Red) | Corsair M65 | audio-technica ATH-M50 | Dell UltraSharp U2414H | Logitech C920 | Windows 10 Pro

Sounds good, I'll try that tomorrow, I hope I find that magical Additional Turbo (Boost) Voltage setting  :)  Getting late over here, but I will attempt it tomorrow  :o

I just did 22 minutes of Aida64 (4.4GHz and 1.195V) and got a maz temp of 79 degrees. Seems good to me, I might also try 4.2 and 4.3GHz tomorrow (with lower voltage) to see how much it changes ;)

Also would aprox. 20 mins of Aida64 be enough for a rough stability test before a aprox. 8hour test? And should I use Aida64 for the 8 hour test and should it be CPU, Memory or both? Intel XTU also has a Memory stress test and a CPU stress test... then there is OCCT, Prime95, Intel Burn Test and Aida64 to choose from  :blink:

Yeah if you are in the 70's in Aida? That means you are pretty much there for 24/7 on temps,  cus aida adds 8-10 degrees I would say.

For long test. Aida 64 or Asus Real bench. Take a pick :). Aida is a little harder on the system, Asus Real Bench tries to simulate real world usage (Asus made it cus Haswell runs so damn hot lol). Just check everything in both cept GPU in Aida. 

Memory overclocks. Dial in memory last thing. 1 round of prime blend and if it passes that, do a memtest while you sleep. Prime blend seems to find memory instability really fast. So dialing in memory is  usually pretty quick. It is like fail, fail, fail pass. Overnight memtest. Usually good to go.

With the temps you have in Aida. You should be good to go. :)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Yeah if you are in the 70's in Aida? That means you are pretty much there for 24/7 on temps,  cus aida adds 8-10 degrees I would say.

For long test. Aida 64 or Asus Real bench. Take a pick :). Aida is a little harder on the system, Asus Real Bench tries to simulate real world usage (Asus made it cus Haswell runs so damn hot lol). Just check everything in both cept GPU in Aida. 

Memory overclocks. Dial in memory last thing. 1 round of prime blend and if it passes that, do a memtest while you sleep. Prime blend seems to find memory instability really fast. So dialing in memory is  usually pretty quick. It is like fail, fail, fail pass. Overnight memtest. Usually good to go.

With the temps you have in Aida. You should be good to go. :)

OK, I think I'll do 1 round of Prime Blend, then Aida64 overnight and memtest tomorrow. :)  What memtest should I use?

EDIT: Just tried Blend (4.4GHz and 1.195V -> BSOD BCCode 124 after some seconds... I'll try 1.2V)

EDIT 2:  Prime Blend 4.4GHz and 1.2V -> BSOD 124 I ran for about 25 minutes (passed the self-test 448K, but BSODed in the 8K test)

EDIT 3: Prime Blend 4.4GHz and 1.21V -> BSOD 9c (not sure what it stands for) I ran for about 31 minutes (passed the self-test 448K and 8k, but BSODed during the 512k test)

EDIT 4: Prime Blend 4.4GHz and 1.22V -> BSOD 9c (not sure what it stands for) I ran for about 45 minutes (passed the self-test 448K and 8k, but PC froze and BSODed at the very end of the 512k test) - I'm going down to 4.3GHz...

My PC:

Hi all,

I decided to overclock my i5-4670K... I ran some stress tests and got various results, so I'm not sure whether it is safe to call it stable or not.

Here is how I overclocked:

CPU core clock: 4.4GHz

CPU core voltage: 1.25V (manual mode for stress testing) Decreased to 1.195V (temporary tests)

CPU cache: 4.2GHz

CPU cache voltage: 1.24V decreased to 1.190V

RAM frequency: 1333MHz/ 1600MHz

RAM voltage: Auto/ 1.5V

I stress tested 2 hours of OCCT (with the 1333MHz and voltage set to Auto for the RAM) and passed (max. temperature was 86°C). I then ran Cinebench on all cores 5 times and passed with around 648cb each time (max temperature was 76°C), and finally I did 8 hours of Intel XTU CPU test, which I also passed (max temperature was 84°C).

I then decided to change the RAM frequency to 1600MHz and the voltage to 1.5MHz. It passed 1h 15mins of Intel XTU Memory test (max temperature was 84°C). However it failed the Prime95 Blend test after roughly 1h 20mins. it got up to 99 degrees and I got a BSOD with a 124 code (not sure what that means). So I ran Aida64 (Stress CPU, Stress FPU, Stress Cache and Stress System Memory) for 9h 30mins and it passed with a max temperature of 84°C.

New tests: Aida64 (22mins) max temperature of 79°. Also tried 10 passes (on Very High) on Intel Burn Test, max temperature was 93°. I did those two tests with these settings: Core 4.4GHz, Core Voltage 1.195, Cache 4.2GHz and Cache voltage 1.190V

I have heard that Haswell and Prime95 don't mix well and my CPU passed all other tests, so do you think it's stable or should I run some more OCCT and Intel XTU Memory Burn test? The overclock did pass all tests (Aida64, Intel XTU, OCCT and CINEBENCH) except for the Prime95 Blend test (on 1.25V core voltage which was too much and too hot)...

PS: The rest of my hardware is in my signature  ;) 

It looks good to me. I would not use Prime95 or OCCT to stress test haswell CPUs, i would use AIDA64 or Intel's utility. Your stability is quite sound as you have ran more than one stress test utility and you are stable on them all. What i would do thought is save this profile and then try some offset voltage as you are on an ASUS motherboard and see how much you can lower the voltage before the OC becomes unstable then just add like an increment of 0.010v to the unstable voltage. Then i would stress test and check your new temperatures.  

1.25v for 4.4ghz oc seems a bit too much for a haswell cpu. I would try lowering it down a bit. 2-3 pass in IBT extreme preset should give you quick idea on whether it is stable or not.

Not really. Most haswell CPUs on socket 1150 are voltage hungry when OCing. Sometimes to get to 4.8GHz on a haswell CPU you need like 1.4v but then the temperature goes through what i would consider critical mass and unless you like in a very cold country or have air conditioning set at 18C or lower would it be ok IMO.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Haswell is hot. REALLY hot lol. So are the AMD's when OC they just report temps different.

Devil's Canyon is supposedly going the Ivy Bridge VRM again also adding solder under the lid like old Sandy Bridges/2011 chips.

Intel did it so that cheap Z87 overclocked well on non crazy power phase top end motherboards. It was a nice idea, but in the end enthusiast builds with dual rad water/Rog boards who get 4.2 on water, while someone with my cheap mb gets 4.5 on air? It hasn't worked out great and it just ticks everyone off in the end. If you aren't keeping the people who drive the industry happy purchasing exotic cooling and 250-300 dollar motherboards? You are failing. Add to that I can't imagine the vendors were pleased that cheap boards were matching their top end mboards on 24/7 clocks.

The non solder under the lid? That was just Intel being cheap, or trying to sell their 2011 chips like they were with Ivy. 

So Haswell is nice for a budget enthusiast build where you don't care about aesthetics and are willing to take a roll of the dice, but can be crappy when going for top clocks on all enthusiast parts. 

Didn't intel use thermal paste for ivy as well? must be because they incorporated the vrm and the slight differences in architecture. Dam, what a bad design choice.

The Bulldozer Analogy - 8 guys work for a company called the mario kingdom. The company is tight on cash and trying to save money. So each guy is required to share an office and computer with the next guy to the left. Guy B cant finish is thesis on acid rains effect on the koopas until Guy A finishes watching game of thrones. The outcome is the Koopas turn into white walkers and attack mario the kingdom and everything is lost.

Yup both chips had cheap TIM, unlike Sandy Bridge. Haswell moved some motherboard stuff to the chip. VRM. Z97 and Haswell-E are supposedly moving it back. Added some heat to Haswell over Ivy.

Good? Cheap z87 overclocks like a champ.

Bad? Heat limits overclock making premium z87 boards pointless and you can't really push these chips hard. 

Devil's Canyon will prob fix both of those things. Haswell-E? Same but who knows how hot that will run. Thing is like two 4770k's on one chip. 

Don't get me wrong I love my Haswell. 280 bucks with tax combined for my 4770k and the MB that OC's like a champ. On the HIGH end though (water cooling/pimped out MB), you can get very unlucky with clock and be as low as 4.1 (lowest I have seen).

It looks good to me. I would not use Prime95 or OCCT to stress test haswell CPUs, i would use AIDA64 or Intel's utility. Your stability is quite sound as you have ran more than one stress test utility and you are stable on them all. What i would do thought is save this profile and then try some offset voltage as you are on an ASUS motherboard and see how much you can lower the voltage before the OC becomes unstable then just add like an increment of 0.010v to the unstable voltage. Then i would stress test and check your new temperatures.  

Not really. Most haswell CPUs on socket 1150 are voltage hungry when OCing. Sometimes to get to 4.8GHz on a haswell CPU you need like 1.4v but then the temperature goes through what i would consider critical mass and unless you like in a very cold country or have air conditioning set at 18C or lower would it be ok IMO.

How about 1 hour of Prime95 Blend, 10 passes on Intel Burn Test (Very High or Maximum) and then 8 hours of Aida64 and finally a Memtest? I just tried Prime Blend 4.4GHz and 1.2V -> BSOD 124 I ran for about 25 minutes (passed the self-test 448K, but BSODed in the 8K test). So I'll try 1.21V, but if that fails I think I'll go down to 4.3 or 4.2GHz...

My PC:

I usually only got the 124 BCcode when BSODing, so I kept increasing the vcore, is that what you are supposed to do? Now I got a 9c BCcode after I BSODed while doing Prime Blend for 31 minutes (passed 448k and 8k test), my CPU core was 4.4GHz and vcore was 1.21V. I heard I might have to increase the QPI/VTT... what is that?  :blink:

EDIT: Prime Blend 4.4GHz and 1.22V -> BSOD 9c (not sure what it stands for) I ran for about 45 minutes (passed the self-test 448K and 8k, but PC froze and BSODed at the very end of the 512k test) - I'm going down to 4.3GHz...

EDIT 2: 4.3GHz (Core) and 1.18V (vcore), 4.1GHz (Cache) and 1.17V (cache voltage) looks good. Been running Prime95 Blend for 1hour 30mins (passed 448k, 8k, 512k, 12k, 576k and 18k) and hottest core was at 89 degrees (i can tell you the max temps for each test i passed in Prime95 Blend if that helps...). I think I'll run it for another 6 hours 30mins, then I'l do 10 passes of IBT (on maximum), then 8 hours Aida64 and a Memtest... sound good?  :) 

My PC:

How about 1 hour of Prime95 Blend, 10 passes on Intel Burn Test (Very High or Maximum) and then 8 hours of Aida64 and finally a Memtest? I just tried Prime Blend 4.4GHz and 1.2V -> BSOD 124 I ran for about 25 minutes (passed the self-test 448K, but BSODed in the 8K test). So I'll try 1.21V, but if that fails I think I'll go down to 4.3 or 4.2GHz...

Prime95 is not for haswell CPUs. JJ from ASUS has said time and time again when haswell was released that Prime95 does not understand the characteristics of haswell and can not stress it properly. There are very little people i trust on the internet but JJ is not one of them, his views are very very sound. Given then fact of how many CPUs, motherboards, and other PC parts he has to know about and review. Do not trust you Prime95 results. AIDA64 is better optimized for haswell. On another note, all this stress testing is only half way of getting your OC stable, now you need to run your usual programs and games and see if you get any BSOD, freezes or any other behavior that could be unstable behavior. 

Prime95 is not for haswell CPUs. JJ from ASUS has said time and time again when haswell was released that Prime95 does not understand the characteristics of haswell and can not stress it properly. There are very little people i trust on the internet but JJ is not one of them, his views are very very sound. Given then fact of how many CPUs, motherboards, and other PC parts he has to know about and review. Do not trust you Prime95 results. AIDA64 is better optimized for haswell. On another note, all this stress testing is only half way of getting your OC stable, now you need to run your usual programs and games and see if you get any BSOD, freezes or any other behavior that could be unstable behavior. 

Thanks ;) Prime95 Blend isn't running over 89 degrees,but if it doesn't stress Haswell CPUs correctly I should test it with Aida64... thanks for telling me, wasn't aware that Prime95 was that different from Aida64.

My PC:

I found this though... http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1781170

I ran Small FFT and got this after 1 second:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Not sure what to do... maybe Memtest will help.

My PC:

I found this though... http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1781170

I ran Small FFT and got this after 1 second:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Not sure what to do... maybe Memtest will help.

Memtest won't help as Memtest looks for RAM problems. At present, the new version of Prime is just not ready for Haswell. As i said before, these stress test utilities are only half of the testing, the other half is your daily usage and if it is stable doing that. If you read the post, many of the users have gotten some error or another which tells me that the program is not stable for the platform. I would stick to AIDA64 and then run the programs and games that i used all the time to check for errors. 

@Oslosurfer

Hey there, I would like to throw out an idea that maybe you haven't considered before, and most people say to stay away from, but I had incredible results when I did it.  Try using the Asus Extreme Tuning Utility in the AI Suite III.

After trying to manually overclock for days, not having too much success and having many blue screens I basically started losing my patience. I decided to do some research on the Extreme Auto-Tuning utility.  The videos and research I did online was a mixed bag of amazing results, or not good results. I decided to give it a try and if I didn't like the results, i would reset it to default and start over.  The results I got blew me away.  i5-4670k, Asus Z87-A, Hyper 212 EVO.  It took all of 15 minutes for Asus to auto-overclock my system to:                                                                                                                                                            4.7Ghz @ 1.275v

Basically what Asus does it slow ramp up multiplier and voltages up to 1.275.  1.275 is the max that Asus sets for this feature.  Anything up to 1.3v is considered safe, so 1.275v is well within the safe range.  After Asus set the values, I changed my voltage from adaptive to manual 1.275 and ran all the stress tests I normally would.  Everything was stable from stress tests to gaming.  The highest temperature recorded was 77C during a Prime95 in Blend, and when gaming I am typically in the 50s or 60s depending on the game.  BF4 is the only exception, it takes my CPU's temp up to 72C. 

These amazing results could be more of me winning the silicon lottery with my i5 than anything else, but I still try and get others to try out the Asus Extreme Tuning Utility because it is not as bad as people make it out to be.  All I'm saying is give it a try, worst thing that happens is you don't like it and you go back to manually setting your overclock.  If it works for you, please come back and share your results with us!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Memtest won't help as Memtest looks for RAM problems. At present, the new version of Prime is just not ready for Haswell. As i said before, these stress test utilities are only half of the testing, the other half is your daily usage and if it is stable doing that. If you read the post, many of the users have gotten some error or another which tells me that the program is not stable for the platform. I would stick to AIDA64 and then run the programs and games that i used all the time to check for errors. 

Ok, I just finished a 8hour 35mins Aida64 test (all checked except for GPU and local discs) and I ran it without a problem, max temp was 78 degrees. This was at Core 4.3GHz 1.18V and cache 4.1GHz 1.16V. Cinebench (5 times) gave me consistently good results an the max temp was 73 degrees. I also did some editing and rendering (adobe Premiere) with Google Chrome and also Photoshop open - I got a max temp of 72 degrees, so I'm pretty happy with the results. Might do a Memtest, though,.to see if everything is good ;)

@Oslosurfer

Hey there, I would like to throw out an idea that maybe you haven't considered before, and most people say to stay away from, but I had incredible results when I did it.  Try using the Asus Extreme Tuning Utility in the AI Suite III.

After trying to manually overclock for days, not having too much success and having many blue screens I basically started losing my patience. I decided to do some research on the Extreme Auto-Tuning utility.  The videos and research I did online was a mixed bag of amazing results, or not good results. I decided to give it a try and if I didn't like the results, i would reset it to default and start over.  The results I got blew me away.  i5-4670k, Asus Z87-A, Hyper 212 EVO.  It took all of 15 minutes for Asus to auto-overclock my system to:                                                                                                                                                            4.7Ghz @ 1.275v

Basically what Asus does it slow ramp up multiplier and voltages up to 1.275.  1.275 is the max that Asus sets for this feature.  Anything up to 1.3v is considered safe, so 1.275v is well within the safe range.  After Asus set the values, I changed my voltage from adaptive to manual 1.275 and ran all the stress tests I normally would.  Everything was stable from stress tests to gaming.  The highest temperature recorded was 77C during a Prime95 in Blend, and when gaming I am typically in the 50s or 60s depending on the game.  BF4 is the only exception, it takes my CPU's temp up to 72C. 

These amazing results could be more of me winning the silicon lottery with my i5 than anything else, but I still try and get others to try out the Asus Extreme Tuning Utility because it is not as bad as people make it out to be.  All I'm saying is give it a try, worst thing that happens is you don't like it and you go back to manually setting your overclock.  If it works for you, please come back and share your results with us!

Thanks! Haven't quite figured out how to do it, but I'll check the manual or somewhere... I'll test it and see what results I get :)

My PC:

Ok, I just finished a 8hour 35mins Aida64 test (all checked except for GPU and local discs) and I ran it without a problem, max temp was 78 degrees. This was at Core 4.3GHz 1.18V and cache 4.1GHz 1.16V. Cinebench (5 times) gave me consistently good results an the max temp was 73 degrees. I also did some editing and rendering (adobe Premiere) with Google Chrome and also Photoshop open - I got a max temp of 72 degrees, so I'm pretty happy with the results. Might do a Memtest, though,.to see if everything is good ;)

Thanks! Haven't quite figured out how to do it, but I'll check the manual or somewhere... I'll test it and see what results I get :)

Go into your Asus AI Suite III, the Turbo EVO section, then Auto Tuning, then Extreme Tune.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Well all is good. What you should do now is see if you can't do some adjusting on the Hyper212 for better cooling.

Well all is good. What you should do now is see if you can't do some adjusting on the Hyper212 for better cooling.

Yes, might do that... I was really nervous when I applied the thermal paste (first time) and probably applied it wrong... I might take the cooler off, some better thermal paste and put it back on. Also I've been running Memtest86+ for 9hours 15mins (4 passes and 0 errors), I think that's stable enough :)

My PC:

Go into your Asus AI Suite III, the Turbo EVO section, then Auto Tuning, then Extreme Tune.

Ok, I did it ;) It gave me 4.5GHz, unfortunately I BSOD (BCcode 124 and 9c) just opening Google Chrome or any stress test (temps are fine, but it only survived Aida64 for 2 minutes  :unsure: )...

So I'm back at 4.3GHz and 1.18V. I'm quite happy with that though ;)

Thanks for the help :)

My PC:

Yes, might do that... I was really nervous when I applied the thermal paste (first time) and probably applied it wrong... I might take the cooler off, some better thermal paste and put it back on. Also I've been running Memtest86+ for 9hours 15mins (4 passes and 0 errors), I think that's stable enough :)

So do i about the Memtest passes. If you can get your hands on IC Diamond 7 or 24 would be a great upgrade from stock TIM.

So do i about the Memtest passes. If you can get your hands on IC Diamond 7 or 24 would be a great upgrade from stock TIM.

Awesome, thanks for the help :) Everything is running fine and I might go buy some thermal paste this weekend ;)

My PC:

Awesome, thanks for the help :) Everything is running fine and I might go buy some thermal paste this weekend ;)

B)