OnePlus One reveal is 6 hours away!

TopWargamer

I'm already disappointed by their garbage invitation system they have going on which so far 0 people understand. It has really killed my hype for the phone.

Ya, I know. I hate it as well, trust me. But I mean, if it's a good phone, then it's a good phone. They really gotta get rid of that invitation system though.

:/

COMIC SANS

I'm already disappointed by their garbage invitation system they have going on which so far 0 people understand. It has really killed my hype for the phone.

Explain this to me, I haven't been following the news.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Explain this to me, I haven't been following the news.

OnePlus is revealing more about the invitation system when they reveal their phone (or sometime around then). In a jist, to buy the OnePlus One you need to either be invited to buy it or know somebody with an invite code so that they can invite you to buy the phone. OnePlus has said that there will be multiple opportunities to grab an invite, but that's all they've really said so far.

COMIC SANS

read this and tell me how much of this makes sense

http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/the-oneplus-invite-system.1150/

That's a fucked up process.

Good job OnePlus, now I am sure that I am buying an HTC One M8.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

OnePlus is revealing more about the invitation system when they reveal their phone (or sometime around then). In a jist, to buy the OnePlus One you need to either be invited to buy it or know somebody with an invite code so that they can invite you to buy the phone. OnePlus has said that there will be multiple opportunities to grab an invite, but that's all they've really said so far.

which is stupid, I have to WORK to buy a damn PRODUCT with my OWN MONEY!?!

That's a fucked up process.

Good job OnePlus, now I am sure that I am buying an HTC One M8.

lol dude you can't even use one if you get it, CDMA and GSM are 2 different technologies

lol dude you can't even use one if you get it, CDMA and GSM are 2 different technologies

I could have, and I mean a strict "could" switch carriers, but not after this.

And teamspoken?

which is stupid, I have to WORK to buy a damn PRODUCT with my OWN MONEY!?!

Ya, seriously. Just take away the invitation system and let people have at the phone. Sure for the first month or two it'll cause quite a few back orders, but once everything settles down, people would be able to just buy it whenever.

Aka any Nexus phone launch. It always works out in the end. 

COMIC SANS

And teamspoken?

nop gotta finish homewerks. But I'm still looking forward to it, either if I get an invite or they remove this system entirely.

And teamspoken?

I'm assuming you're on Verizon or Sprint? 

You really should move over to a GSM carrier. Since you live in New York, T-Mobile has very good coverage there, and it's one of the cities to have their LTE service. So, I'm on TMo now and I'm only paying $30 a month. With that $30 I'm getting 100 minutes, unlimited texting, and 5GB of 4G/LTE data with unlimited 2G speeds after I fill up my 5GB. It's a great plan if you don't talk much, and if you do, there's loopholes to get unlimited minutes.

If you're interested, I can tell you what all to do, because it's not as simple as going to a TMo store or their website and signing up for this plan.

COMIC SANS

You really should move over to a GSM carrier. Since you live in New York, T-Mobile has very good coverage there, and it's one of the cities to have their LTE service. So, I'm on TMo now and I'm only paying $30 a month. With that $30 I'm getting 100 minutes, unlimited texting, and 5GB of 4G/LTE data with unlimited 2G speeds after I fill up my 5GB. It's a great plan if you don't talk much, and if you do, there's loopholes to get unlimited minutes.

If you're interested, I can tell you what all to do, because it's not as simple as going to a TMo store or their website and signing up for this plan.

Sprint, and I am perfectly happy with their service and pricing.

But, I will consider it.

Tell meh, I have them.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Sprint, and I am perfectly happy with their service and pricing.

But, I will consider it.

Sprint's so garbage though...

>.>

I mean, if you have unlimited data with them already, then ya, go ahead and keep them, but you really should consider the TMo plan. TMo really isn't as bad as people say it is...unless you live in a rural area (which neither of us do).

COMIC SANS

Sprint's so garbage though...

>.>

I mean, if you have unlimited data with them already, then ya, go ahead and keep them, but you really should consider the TMo plan. TMo really isn't as bad as people say it is...unless you live in a rural area (which neither of us do).

I have unlimited with them, and my service isn't bad in my area. In my house? Sure, but they gave me a free thing to attach to my router to help that and I use WiFi most of the time anyways.

yo gimme it so I can do this crap since I have basically an unlocked phone

Tell meh, I have them.

1) Make sure your phone is unlocked and compatible with T-Mobile's radio frequencies.

2) Buy this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit/24099996

It comes with a micro-SIM card and your first month of service.

3) Follow the activation instructions that come with the SIM kit.

4) Renew it every month BEFORE it runs out. If it runs out, the line gets cancelled, and you'll have to start all over again.

You can either buy the refill cards from WalMart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tmobile-30-Wireless-Airtime-Card/15443357) or just refill it through T-Mobile's site, which is what I do. And a refill is (again) only $30 a month. 

And that's it. Now, for the unlimited minutes, Google something about using Google Voice with TalkATone. 

COMIC SANS

I have unlimited with them, and my service isn't bad in my area. In my house? Sure, but they gave me a free thing to attach to my router to help that and I use WiFi most of the time anyways.

Well if you have unlimited data, then ya, just stick with them. 

COMIC SANS

yo gimme it so I can do this crap since I have basically an unlocked phone

Read what I posted in response to NuroKnight.

COMIC SANS

I feel like the phone is going to big too large.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10