How to boost bass without losing sound quality

beercules1028

Hey everyone, I was playing with my EQ today and I was boosting my bass. But when I boosted my bass, every other sound sounded muffled. Can I adjust it differently so this doesn't happen? Or is there an alternative way to boosting my bass? Thanks a lot :)

Turn the Bass up to 11:

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

i guess the only way to boost bass without sacrificing quality is that you have sub and low frequency speakers :D

turn up bass the way you like it then adjust high frequencies until you get what you want

Try boosting some highs. This'll give you a more "V" shaped curve which many people perceive as having lots of bass without sacrificing on the rest of the sounds.

Exactly how did you go about boosting your bass? How much and at what frequencies?

Lower the mids and the highs. When you boost frequencies you have the potential to start clipping.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Lower the mids and the highs. When you boost frequencies you have the potential to start clipping.

Subtractive eqing tho...

In general "EQing" is a bad idea because as you noticed, adjusting frequencies will drop the other portions of the spectrum and change the response of the headphones. The best way to improve bass is either use a subwoofer if they are speakers or get a pair of headphones that can produce good bass.

In general "EQing" is a bad idea because as you noticed, adjusting frequencies will drop the other portions of the spectrum and change the response of the headphones. The best way to improve bass is either use a subwoofer if they are speakers or get a pair of headphones that can produce good bass.

A subwoofer doesn't boost bass, it extends it.

what programs/media player are you using,

if you have WASAPI/ASIO and IIR Filter on foobar you can create a bass boost at desired frequency and it won't change the other frequencies, but to adjust it switch to high shelf and set the volume and change it back to bass boost.

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Just to be clear i said "improve bass"

Just to be clear, the OP is trying to boost bass.