Gigabyte gets serious with their new 600w rating cooler for the black titan

brownninja97

Gigabyte-GTX-TITAN-BLACK-GHZ-1-620x620.p

Well there was the titan black, then there was gigabyte, too much alcohol and this was created,

Gigabyte-GTX-TITAN-BLACK-GHZ-2-620x620.j

As for the card itself it still has the reference pcb but it has this god of a cooler on it so if you do wanna overclock then you should be able to get a quite a bit out of it. So what they did is shove move heatsinks in and it looks like there are be quiet fans in it.

As for the price 911euros. 

http://videocardz.com/50265/gigabyte-launches-windforce-3x-600w-cooler-geforce-gtx-titan-black

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

600W dissipative heat capacity? Wow.

Looks like Gigabyte's ready for if/when the 790 comes around. That cooler will keep a dual-GPU nice and cool.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Looks like Gigabyte's ready for if/when the 790 comes around. That cooler will keep a dual-GPU nice and cool.

i wonder how well it would handle a 295.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Dayum!

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

As Linus says, there is really no way to verify if the 600W rating is true or not. It's marketing. 

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

It looks like they just trimmed the corners of the of the standard Windforce cooler, oh and painted the fan black... how fitting. 

I doubt a 2-slot fin stack can dissipate 600W. The DarK Rock 3, NH-D14 and other dual tower CPU coolers have more mass than that and they still don't claim as high of a dissipating power. Sure, they don't have 3 fans that can unleash themselves and scream as loud as they can, but as @Mindzrickz, it may be just marketing.

i wonder how well it would handle a 295.

Got a freezer?

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

I doubt a 2-slot fin stack can dissipate 600W. The DarK Rock 3, NH-D14 and other dual tower CPU coolers have more mass than that and they still don't claim as high of a dissipating power. Sure, they don't have 3 fans that can unleash themselves and scream as loud as they can, but as @Mindzrickz, it may be just marketing.

CPU have Integrated Heat Spreader FYI. GPU's heatsink are literally on the GPU itself.

As Linus says, there is really no way to verify if the 600W rating is true or not. It's marketing. 

Linus was there at computex 2013, where they showed what they claimed was a ~450 watt load being applied to the heatsink, and the temperatures along with the ambient.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1DOmj3n9DJU#t=98

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Got a freezer?

I could get some liquid nitrogen.  Would that work?  :D

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

CPU have Integrated Heat Spreader FYI. GPU's heatsink are literally on the GPU itself.

It depends which side you're talking about.

Because while it's true that on AMD's cards the heatsink is applied directly to the GPU die Nvidia does have an IHS on their gpus.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Because while it's true that on AMD's cards the heatsink is applied directly to the GPU die Nvidia does have an IHS on their gpus.

Wait what? Can I get pics pls?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Wait what? Can I get pics pls?

Unfortunately only old Nvidia cards have them. I have a EVGA GTS 450 a and it doesn't have an IHS. I am not sure if the new Nvidia GPUs(600-700) have IHS but old ones does. Hers a pic of a list of IHS on Nvidia GPUs from OC.Net, pretty old though...

Posted Image

Screw the Titan Black give me that cooler! Looks FAR better than the current 400w windforce cooler with the stupid plastic overhang logo. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

There are quantitative methods for measuring and calculating something like heat dissipation. Whether or not the reported number is warped by marketing is another matter of course.

600watts? I want to see review results! thats quite a claim.....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Unfortunately only old Nvidia cards have them. I have a EVGA GTS 450 a and it doesn't have an IHS. I am not sure if the new Nvidia GPUs(600-700) have IHS but old ones does. Hers a pic of a list of IHS on Nvidia GPUs from OC.Net, pretty old though...

-img-

Oh yeah you're right. Completely forgot that they took off IHS after Fermi.

Linus Sebastian said:

In other words, you are limited by the voltage limits imposed by nVidia?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

or a gtx 880 ;)

Newer 600-700 series GPUs do not have an IHS.

Source: repasted a GTX 660 and a buddy's GTX 670.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Newer 600-700 series GPUs do not have an IHS.

Source: repasted a GTX 660 and a buddy's GTX 670.

My dead radeon 3450 didnt have it either lol

gallery_16690_89_1161576.jpg

Listen if you care.

My dead radeon 3450 didnt have it either lol

dear lord what happened?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III