Nvidia's New Driver Tested & Benchmarked, Comes Up Short on Expectations.

Anandtech has released its benchmarking results for Nvidia's new driver that's supposed to go head to head with AMD's Mantle API.
And here are the results.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7926/nvidia-releases-33750-beta-driver-offers-significant-performance-improvements

62483.png

Notable gains in Bioshock & Metro up to 11%

62484.png
Notable gains in Bioshock, Metro & Grid 2 up to 9%. The jump in Rome II is due to the R331 drivers lacking SLI support for Rome which was introduced in the latest R337 drivers.

NV337_Car_678x452.jpg
These gains come up considerably short on Nvidia's previous claims.

UGGHH i still cannot use shadowplay for laptop...
HALP plz

EDIT: YEAH this is for Geforce Experience 2 not the drivers

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

bad benchmark,

this driver is meant to reduce cpu bottlenecks,

they should have tested with weaker cpu's.

Huh funny. Nvidia doesn't seem to think so since they "showcased" the performance gains using a one thousand dollar CPU which is the i7 3960X.

337_Perf.jpg

TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Just like every other major company i.e. Apple, Samsung. Nvidia will manipulate people with marketing and get away with it.

Maybe its for people that never had a driver installed in their life, maybe Nvidia started to drink the same CoolAid as AMD.....who knows

Nvidia "We can make DX11 faster than Mantle"
Mantle "Yeah... right"
DX11 "Uh... guys...what are you talking about?"
Nvidia "Keep your mouth shut DX11 and do as we say"
DX11 "Uhm... OK" DX11 'Pees pants'

Wasn't the whole mechanism of the increased performance based on reducing CPU overhead?

This is a really bad benchmark. They should be giving us the clear cut data. Eg. but the fps scores into each bar graph and compare them side by side. Saying 1.0 vs 1.07 means nothing.  Besides I have seen actual fps improvements on some benchmarks of over 10 fps in some games and I think there was one game that had over 30 fps boost. Star swarm gets a huge boost in performance for example. All the other games get slight performance boosts but still it's free performance that you didn't pay for so ther you go. Plus I am sure there are a bunch of games out there that will love this new driver. Arma 3 I bet will get a huge boost in performance.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-337.50-driver-benchmarks,26473.html

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

this.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

As if we needed more of reason to keep hanging on to our Sandy Bridges, or hell.. even Broadwells.  I guess it's always a good thing to not have to spend money on CPUs.

Those increases are massive 27Fps more in Crysis 3 :o

Also we need some benchmarks where they show us the minimum FPS because that's where the biggest change should be.

And we need different CPU set ups.

RTX2070OC 

Bullcrap , as usual . Instead of focusing money on DX12 and getting actually competitive gpus on the market ...

This is a really bad benchmark. They should be giving us the clear cut data. Eg. but the fps scores into each bar graph and compare them side by side. Saying 1.0 vs 1.07 means nothing.  Besides I have seen actual fps improvements on some benchmarks of over 10 fps in some games and I think there was one game that had over 30 fps boost. Star swarm gets a huge boost in performance for example. All the other games get slight performance boosts but still it's free performance that you didn't pay for so ther you go. Plus I am sure there are a bunch of games out there that will love this new driver. Arma 3 I bet will get a huge boost in performance.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-337.50-driver-benchmarks,26473.html

You can't read a basic graph?  1.00 to 1.07 = 7% gain.  

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

You can't read a basic graph?  1.00 to 1.07 = 7% gain.  

The problem is that you can't benchmark something like this with that method.

We need to know the minimum FPS and we need different CPU configurations.

Just like with Mantle.

With this method you will only see a change if the game has a massive CPU bottleneck.

From what I've tested tons of games get a massive minimum FPS boost from 10Fps+. 

RTX2070OC 

Huh funny. Nvidia doesn't seem to think so since they "showcased" the performance gains using a one thousand dollar CPU which is the i7 3960X.

it says 3960k in the pic you linked. just wanted to throw that out there

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Well one good thing about Nvidia still whether these drivers are that good or not is that when you have their cards you can still play games the way they were meant to be played ... with physX. Oh so physexy!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

it says 3960k in the pic you linked. just wanted to throw that out there

Who knows what that is, it does not exist on intel's own homepage. It's either a 3960X or 3930K. 3960X is already unlocked which the k suffix usually stands for. The 3960x processor is like a 1000$ CPU.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

This benchmark is horrible. I have seen nice FPS increase across quite a few titles with the recent driver update. I got 15+ FPS on BF4, ~20+ on C3, around the same on AC3 and even some improvements in Rust.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless