[DEAD] "Old Goat" The 775 Shuttle is reborn! - Nope, Bricked it. Project is Dead.

d33g33

really really nice. I wish that you would put something a little more powerful in terms of graphics horses though. A 760 or 770 maybe (if it fits of course). but nonetheless is looks fantastic. Im just all about that performance per square centimeter/inch depending on where you come from. 

Keep dem pics coming!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I give you...

The Shuttle SG33G5 Motherboard - Black Edition, with a bit of yellow... and red... and white... stop judging me...

7PJDW0L.jpg

m0w17E0.jpg

It's a bit rough, I just hit it hard with one thick coat of Armor All Invisible Shield (Plastidip) really it's just to take off the obvious harsh colours that this motherboard had, there's so much you won't see.

My face be like:

tumblr_lwuis4jQbt1qi0tzv.jpg

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

Ah yeah, forgot about that, I've been working with fully modular PSUs
for so long now.  :D

Oh how I wish it were modular...

That sleeving looks really good.

Thanks, I don't like the bleed through but the cables are literally about 3 inches long so there wasn't much point in cutting and splicing in white wire. In hindsight I should have just shrink wrapped the entire wires but it will be right at the back of the motherboard and out of sight anyway.

That XSPC block on the GPU looks sick bro.

Thanks mate, bit of any interesting exercise, hopefully it doesn't leak :S 

:o Pretty sleeving.

Like I said to Raboo, I wish I had shrinked the wires to combat bleed through but the Molex, Sata and 6 pin PCI-E  are all getting custom length, white wired then sleeved so there will be no colour bleed through :)

really really nice. I wish that you would put something a little more powerful in terms of graphics horses though. A 760 or 770 maybe (if it fits of course). but nonetheless is looks fantastic. Im just all about that performance per square centimeter/inch depending on where you come from. 

Keep dem pics coming!

Totally understand where you are coming from. I do have a 780Ti in the main rig, this is a HTPC after all and with GameStream, the 780Ti can do all the hard work if I want it to. 

The concern with this build is I only have 250w to play with on this PSU, they aren't standard so I can just put in a bigger one. If I break down what I have now..

Q9550 = 95w

EVGA GTX 750Ti FTW = 41w idle - 119w peak!

Pump = 18w

So you can see, I'm already at 232w, throw in my SSD, some Lights and the fan controller, I really have 0 room to work with, a 760 or 770 would put me well over.

My face be like:

It certainly has changed the look of the board :)

On the sleeving I have sleeved all the 20pin, wiring in the IR start sensor and sleeving that as well, the 4pin is also done now, and I custom lengthed and sleeved a single molex. So just need to finish making up the 6pin PCI-E and sleeve the Sata cables and then this PSU should be able to be mounted. I also sleeved the 2x 40mms, much cleaner - even though they will be inside the PSU...

A big thanks to all the followers and comments so far, i'm glad the community can show appreciation for what is a small, unimpressive and old little box, just being glamoured up a bit :)

So I almost finished the PSU.

I cut it down, originally it had

1x 20pin

1x 4pin

1x molex and 1x floppy on one strand

2x molex on 1 strand

2x sata on 1 strand

and now it has

1x 20pin

1x 4pin

1x molex on one strand

1x 6pin PCI-E on one strand

2x sata on 1 strand

And wired in the IR On/Off button.

I just heatshrinked the sata leads as sleeving them always seems to be messy, they will barely be seen anyways.

I need to cut out the PSU cover for all the sleeving to fit...

RPYw6nK.jpg

Getting me all excited.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

you be rustling my jimmies with these images :P

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Getting me all excited.

It's getting close to all coming together!

you be rustling my jimmies with these images :P

Haha! It's nice seeing it finally looking like a PC again. There is some detail paint work I need done, i'm just trying to think if I should look at buying the stuff to do myself, or give it to someone to do for me...

Looking gooooooooood.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I would have thought painting the motherboard would ruin the electronics. How did you do it?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I would have thought painting the motherboard would ruin the electronics. How did you do it?

So normally yes this is the case, but not with 'Plasti-Dip' it basically is a spray on plastic, so it's an insulator, not a conductor.

I just got an email saying AutoBarn (if you have them in QLD?) now stock PlastiDip, I used a similar product called Armor-All Invisible Shield but its the same thing...

So normally yes this is the case, but not with 'Plasti-Dip' it basically is a spray on plastic, so it's an insulator, not a conductor.

I just got an email saying AutoBarn (if you have them in QLD?) now stock PlastiDip, I used a similar product called Armor-All Invisible Shield but its the same thing...

Thanks for the heads up.

It would generally be fine either way.

Spray Paint is non conductive, so it wouldn't carry a current anywhere on the board, and would have been fine.

Plasti-Dip, is also nice though, because it's easily removed.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

• 2 weeks later...

The band is back together!

LHFxp3u.jpg

I didn't get electrocuted and suprisingly, 12v on the 12v rail, 5v on the 5v rail and 3.3v on the 3.3v rail :)  voltage out is A-OK!

0HHTMmn.jpg

Quite the difference...

Hf7RtWF.jpg

That's a nice PSU.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Its all going back together!

I didn't get nay photo's last night sadly, I will take some when I get home from work but I have the radiator, PSU, Motherboard with CPU block and Memory fitted in the case. I had to remove the SSD from where it was as there wasn't enough room. I'll find a new home for it.

Man its tight! The Radiator is touching the side of the PSU, and the the tubing off the CPU waterblock is also touching the PSU.

It's looking clean though! GPU will get fitted tonight and should be able to finish tubing up and start leak testing.

One thing i'm not sure about is where to put the IR Receiver. I'm not sure if it will register through a 4mm perspex panel I'm installing in the front...

Photos to come tonight!

Cool, be great to see some pics. If the IR receiver doesn't work through the perspex, you could always drill a tiny hole though it I guess and point the receiver out, it'd still be fairly inconspicuous.

@d33g33 who did the little text in the bottom of your pictures?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Meeeeeeeeeee

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooice

Specs

That looks so cramped, but excellent job though, now how are you going to do the tubing for the GPU?

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

That looks so cramped, but excellent job though, now how are you going to do the tubing for the GPU?

It is cramped. The case is teeny, water cooling it was a ridiculous idea. Tubing for the GPU won't actually be hard at all. It should flip over the card, if not I can flip the block and point the outlets to the front of the case for super easy tube runs.

It is cramped. The case is teeny, water cooling it was a ridiculous idea. Tubing for the GPU won't actually be hard at all. It should flip over the card, if not I can flip the block and point the outlets to the front of the case for super easy tube runs.

I see, can't wait to see the final product

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Amazing! I love seeing this build progress into the finished product over time. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300