[US] Free HTC One, but you have to act fast. ENDS TODAY

nicehat

You can get a free HTC if you sign up for a 2 year contract. This has been verified on all carriers Verizon, AT&T and Sprint — and the promotion can be applied to all three, no matter which color you decide on. Again, this is last year;s model not the new HTC one m8

Look at my face. Does it look like I joke around? 

http://www.htc.com/us/go/buy-now-htc-one-m7/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Yes. It does look like you joke around. And it looks like you're green.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

This actually might not be BS.

It's not

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I must jump on this. And then log off until tomorrow.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

My purpose in life is to keep on clicking until the button works

It will happen.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I have t-mobile...

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Wait, what. Is this a 'rare' deal in the US. Phones come free with contracts all the time in the UK. I got my HTC One free on contract over a year ago.

Wait, what. Is this a 'rare' deal in the US. Phones come free with contracts all the time in the UK. I got my HTC One free on contract over a year ago.

April fools.

It's rather common in the US.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

April fools.

It's rather common in the US.

Haha, I don't really get it. Are they taking a bog standard deal, and making it look like a 'special offer' just for the banter?

It needs to be funnier than that, like free HTC One on a two year contract for only £79.99 per month, data plan not included.

Haha, I don't really get it. Are they taking a bog standard deal, and making it look like a 'special offer' just for the banter?

It needs to be funnier than that, like free HTC One on a two year contract for only £79.99 per month, data plan not included.

Yeah I really don't get the joke here...

Guys there is no joke. I just called and verified the deal is on with Verizon. Its a real deal. Call your provider if you dont believe me. Ignore the deal to your own peril

Yeah I really don't get the joke here...

I guess at a stretch, it would be amusing if people bought it, thinking it was a 'really good' one day only deal.

But then again, they'd have just bought an HTC One, and with how good that phone still is, there's no fool in this April fool.

EDIT: Except maybe the fool that takes it too seriously :D

Guys there is no joke. I just called and verified the deal is on with Verizon. Its a real deal. Call your provider if you dont believe me. Ignore the deal to your own peril

Should it not be free anyway on contract?

Should it not be free anyway on contract?

Not necessarily. Although a 2 year contract subsidizes the upfront cost of the phone, the M7 is still new and would cost $200 upfront (At least it does with Verizon). With the new M8 just rolling out, that will come down a bit, but it's still a steal for a really nice phone. I just called Verizon, and they have verified this deal for the HTC One M7:

Get HTCOne M7 free (after $50 MIR)

for those of you that still think I joke, heres a Best Buy ad that offers the same thing

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/htc-one-m7-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-blue-sprint/1622234.p?id=1219057248377&skuId=1622234

yes its free at signing but you still have to pay monthly for regular cell charges plus what the phone actually costs divided out between 2 years

Not necessarily. Although a 2 year contract subsidizes the upfront cost of the phone, the M7 is still new and would cost $200 upfront (At least it does with Verizon). With the new M8 just rolling out, that will come down a bit, but it's still a steal for a really nice phone. I just called Verizon, and they have verified this deal for the HTC One M7:

Get HTCOne M7 free (after $50 MIR)

for those of you that still think I joke, heres a Best Buy ad that offers the same thing

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/htc-one-m7-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-blue-sprint/1622234.p?id=1219057248377&skuId=1622234

I just did some research there, a Samsung S4 is $99 on a 24 month contract Verizon?

This is mental, the reason I had a hard time believing this was because in most of Europe 24 month contracts are free on any phone, so are the unlimited 12 month contracts...

Americans, rise up against your communication overlords!

It's not free.  You pay activation and taxes, totaling about $90.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

It's not free.  You pay activation and taxes, totaling about $90.

Not if you are an existing customer. 

Not if you are an existing customer. 

You pay.  The fees.  I just did a 2 year agreement on my G2.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

That's Great! But I like my phones unlocked and w/o 2 year plans...

Move to europe. Contracts are 6 months here. By law. :P

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.