Help with ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4570

Go to solution Solved by jasper21,

The AMD driver verification tool for mobile GPUs is awful. 9/10 times I've used it I get told to go to my system manufacturers website for the latest driver. Let me find the direct link to the actual driver.

I have found the direct link. Try thishttp://www2.ati.com/DriverS/mobile/13-12_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

thanks will try this out

Hi i have a HP G62 a43se, it was a gift from my uncle, 

i know that originally it came with a Windows 7 Home Premium OS, But he had updated it to a Windows 8 Pro.

I noticed that it wasn't using the HD 5470 that came with it,turned it on but the games, or 3D stuffs where like glitched and flickering.

Tried updating the CCC driver, but was not successful  i searched there website and it would not give anything for the windows 8 OS.

So got stuck using the Intel HD graphics that was built in it. I could play some games on it but not decent enough.

Well, since i was exhausted from searching for answers, i got contented with the Intel HD graphics.

a few months passed, and today i was able to format the said notebook, brought it back to a Windows 7 Home Premium OS,

Got the drivers from HP website and all. Got it running again.

Even got the AMD Catalyst driver from there website for said notebook.

But lo and behold i'm still getting the said problem...

post-60975-0-40109200-1393513258_thumb.p

Same issue i had before when i got the said notebook.

since yesterday i had been trying to find an updated driver for it,

i think i had downloaded alot of 10.2 - 13.12 drivers for it but still fails to do installation, 

tried using the websites auto detect from AMD. it tries to download 13.2 but, the verification fails, saying something like it doesn't detect or its not compatible.

here the GPU-z info of the said card

post-60975-0-67207900-1393513242.gif.

Really would like to make it work, or find out whats wrong with it.

Since i wanna play more games on it when traveling.

And the Intel HD graphics just won't do.

•  

This may help, but I cannot be completely positive as I don't have a laptop/notebook.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver Verification Tool

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Comment removed.

I misread the OP's post. 

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

You have a 5470 not. 4570

Opppss.. sorry was typing it from memory so kinda mixed it up...

This may help, but I cannot be completely positive as I don't have a laptop/notebook.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver Verification Tool

Tried the verification tool. and it states not supported... will try to up a screenshot after my brother uses it since his doing a project.

Comment removed.

I misread the OP's post. 

it was disabled under device manager, enabled it and the glitchy screen is what i get whenever going thru 3d games and such

•  

The AMD driver verification tool for mobile GPUs is awful. 9/10 times I've used it I get told to go to my system manufacturers website for the latest driver. Let me find the direct link to the actual driver.

I have found the direct link. Try thishttp://www2.ati.com/DriverS/mobile/13-12_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

thanks will try this out

•  

thanks will try this out

It got installed, so the update was done, but the card still isn't working right

post-60975-0-14594500-1393643370_thumb.p

post-60975-0-58812500-1393643380_thumb.p

post-60975-0-11770500-1393643389_thumb.p

:(

still has that tearing or flickering thing...

•