Space Jam 2. It's (not) happening.

Link to article.

This weekend is the date of the Viking apocalypse, Ragnarok. I only mention that as an aside as we discuss the fact that Space Jam 2 is happening.

Deadline reported the news, revealing that Warner Bros. is partnering with brother duo Charlie and Willie Ebersol on Space Jam 2, as a starring vehicle for the Miami Heat's LeBron James - and Bugs Bunny, of course. Charlie will produce Space Jam 2, with Willie writing. The movie's in the early stages, so James will have plenty of time to heal from that broken nose he just received.
SpaceJam2_1280-610x343.jpg

Your cinematic future.

This is the first major film deal for Charlie Ebersol, who previously has produced unscripted TV and the acclaimed documentary Ithuteng: Never Stop Learning. While James will be at the center of the film, it's expected that, like in the original Michael Jordan Space Jam, other NBA stars will also appear.

ESPN 30 for 30 Tackles Space Jam in Parody Video

Space Jam was a hit in 1996, earning $230M worldwide. Still, 18 years is a very long time to make a sequel. As Deadline notes, it's especially amusing that Warner Bros. also announced a release date today for The LEGO Movie 2, which opened just two weeks ago.

My thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

no-god-no-god-please-no-o.gif

... No Michael Jordan. I can understand. He's old. Still. LeBron James? ... I'd rather just not have a basketball player at all at that point. Kill me now. 

FYI, Space Jam was one of my favorite childhood Warner Brother movies. And you haters can eat me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Not really tech news, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD NOOOOOOOOO

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Not really tech news, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD NOOOOOOOOO

Let's be honest, it's news and far less or equally "non-tech" news has been allowed in here. Just saying.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Space Jam? Sequel?

HELL TO THE YES!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

364k64.jpg

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

No. No sequels. Sequels bad. Ruin original.

There isn't much there to ruin. Space Jam is a TERRIBLE movie. It crosses over into so bloody stupid it's fun territory but it is still bad.

vader.jpg

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

There isn't much there to ruin. Space Jam is a TERRIBLE movie. It crosses over into so bloody stupid it's fun territory but it is still bad.

*shots fired*

It was a great movie for those it was intended for. Kids. I loved that movie so much as a kid. Awesome sound track. My favorite characters. Epic cartoon scenes & shenanigans. 

You don't need anything else for a kid movie. And that's what it was.

† Christian Member †

I can see the headline

LeBron James storms of the set of space jam 2, says he quits.

Directors will have to cg him into the whole movie now.

I can honestly see this movie just fail horribly, why would they make a sequel to such a classic? Oh I know why, it's probably one big Nike commercial.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

As An Ohio-ite

Lebron James turned his back on Cleveland

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

*shots fired*

It was a great movie for those it was intended for. Kids. I loved that movie so much as a kid. Awesome sound track. My favorite characters. Epic cartoon scenes & shenanigans. 

You don't need anything else for a kid movie. And that's what it was.

I was 11 when Space Jam came out so I had that "as a kid" experience with it a bit. It doesn't change that it was a bad movie though. Just because it's for kids doesn't mean it's excused from being terrible. An American Tale is a kids movie but it is a million times better than Space Jam. Secret of Nihm, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Despicable Me, How to Train Your Dragon, the majority of Disney and Pixar's films, the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film, etc. Every single one of them qualifies as a movie for kids and they are also all good movies. I hate this idea that a movie gets a pass on being bad just because it's "for kids" as if kids don't deserve to have good movies made for them.

I'm not saying I didn't like Space Jam as a kid or that I don't like it now. I enjoy it's stupid plot, bad acting, and general insanity. In the same way that I enjoy the same things in movies like Casper, Hocus Pocus, or some Michael Bay films. I'm not going to call any of them good movies though.

This, this just isnt right. My condolences go out to all humans upon this planet.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I can honestly see this movie just fail horribly, why would they make a sequel to such a classic? Oh I know why, it's probably one big Nike commercial.

Money.

People want money.

The less work a person has to do to get that money? The better. Less risk, less overheads, all good in the eyes of people who get money, cause they get more of it if things pan out well, which these days, even when something does abysmally in regards to viewer opinion and satisfaction it still accrues a fucktonne of money.

In my opinion, it's why we see so many cliche movies, bland movies that are based on a core concept and a core concept only. It's why we see sequel after sequel, no deviation or attempt at any ingenuity or progression in the industry, other than CGI.

It's also why I believe we're seeing less original ideas, like, purely new ones, we see instead a crap-tonne of book to movie, video game to movie, toy to movie, movie to movie, remakes, reboots, comic to movie. Even movies that seem like new, fresh ideas are simply just twists on pre-established concepts, or aren't truly unique in their own right and aren't really good movies that actively make up for that. I can put up with a sci-fi movie, for example, if it had a somewhat generic sci-fi plot, if the characters were somewhat interesting, engaging and believable. For the most part, what I see these days doesn't really fit into that, we see just, so many movies taking the easy way out, anything for a quick buck, and it's broadening out into every other form of entertainment too, music, video games, books, comics...

Ugh, and it's been around since forever, I was thinking to myself, "god I miss how things used to be" and then second guessed myself, because even though there is some bad today, it doesn't mean it all is, at least half of my favorite movies most would consider bad, or subpar and it doesn't really bother me, because what I like and what is good are different things, I can accept that, but that's a needless tangent. There are good movies today, for sure, there are good bands, good music, good books and good everything, but it's dragged down into obscurity because it's hidden behind everything being thrown in your face because the people in their high chairs want a new BMW for their twice removed niece's best friend's sister's boyfriend's uncle, so they need more money.

In relation to Space Jam 2? It's not necessary, at all. At what point do people sit down and thing, "We could do this awesome new movie, make it look amazing, look wonderful, sweet story, kickass characters and engaging plot and character development" and then some random guy chirps in, "Y'know what we need? Fucking Space Jam 2".

Where's that meme of the boss throwing the worker out of the window, we need to do that to the Space Jam 2 guy, definitely.

Oh god, I just dragged into dark YouTube by this....

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

I can see the headline

LeBron James storms of the set of space jam 2, says he quits.

Directors will have to cg him into the whole movie now.

You mean LeBron leaves the set of Space Jam 2 half way through production for part in Basketball Diaries 2...  :lol: 

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.