what's with all the spammers lately?

Ashleyyyy

i've noticed a lot more spammers on the forum in the last month or so... what's with that?

She/Her

I haven't noticed anything

There are people for that who get paid to take care of it.

By the way, nice maneuvering there ;)

I know you know why they do it.

If they even have a 0.000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of getting a sucker, then they just need have 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 people look at whatever it is they are spewing!

34 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what's with that? 

Just now, Canada EH said:

By the way, nice maneuvering there ;)

?

She/Her

7 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

?

42 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what's with that?

Without a question its "Whats going on" update material.

Some have that knack, others do not.

Takes time to achieve that knack.

One thing I dislike about any spammers, is the fact they are taking up my time whether it be a phone call on the landline, a phone call on the mobile. In one day I got 4 calls from the same mother fucking asshole where they leave a message in some asian language. I'd love to know what they are trying to say. But those 4 calls were at 9:01am, 9:12am, 9:25am and 10:05am all from different numbers, 2 or 3 were 800# another looked like a regular # out of Surrey. I think they are trying to get people to call those numbers back, then those numbers will forward to a 1-900 # and then you get dinged for a connection fee and a minute rate. As for emails, thats easy to filter. As for forums like this, I do not know what can be done. Those authentications of click on a store front, dont seem to work. Some forums will have the newcomer wait until a paid worker from the forum looks through what they typed in to authenticate. The only way to get rid of it is to hire more workers to sit and read and read and read.

They come and go.

These types of spammers are not new and usually a specific type of scammer is just active for an entire month (making it seem like they are common at that point in time).

I miss the marriage/relationship advice/psychic Indian spammer :( 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/