Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who are these bots?

Nicnac
 Share

Just now, MkaiL said:

I'll do you one better, why are these bots!

They seem like they are so I'll accuse them until the opposite has been proven :P 

 

My Folding Stats

 

X  Vigilo Confido  X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Judging from the 6 numbers in the links I'd say they're bots. They're all advertising services and they seem to have been made in a short amount of time from eachother so.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe there should be a way to report a user profile? Without any status updates or forum posts there's no way to "Report" them...

 

2 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Oh, and this @MkaiL

1612884023_ScreenShot2018-11-22at11_48_14.png.226f9f7f826ac29449e467959405fa75.png

I can't but help notice that you visited those links before... Confirmed that @Nicnac is the one behind the bots. /s

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Spotty said:

Maybe there should be a way to report a user profile? Without any status updates or forum posts there's no way to "Report" them...

 

I can't but help notice that you visited those links before... Confirmed that @Nicnac is the one behind the bots. /s

Got me. ?

 

My Folding Stats

 

X  Vigilo Confido  X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Spotty said:

Maybe there should be a way to report a user profile? Without any status updates or forum posts there's no way to "Report" them...

 

I can't but help notice that you visited those links before... Confirmed that @Nicnac is the one behind the bots. /s

Tbh what I think we should do is just tag a mod and let them sort this out.. We've got proof these guys are bots so I don't see why they wouldn't help. It's not an ideal way to get rid of them but it's probably our only way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, 1kv said:

Tbh what I think we should do is just tag a mod and let them sort this out.. We've got proof these guys are bots so I don't see why they wouldn't help. It's not an ideal way to get rid of them but it's probably our only way.

Yeah I guess just tagging a mod on their profile, or even private messaging a mod would do the trick. From what I've seen this time of spam isn't as common so there's not enough of a need for it - though that might just be because a users profile info doesn't get the same exposure a forum post or status update gets so maybe I just haven't seen much of this sort of spam before.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Spotty said:

Yeah I guess just tagging a mod on their profile, or even private messaging a mod would do the trick. From what I've seen this time of spam isn't as common so there's not enough of a need for it - though that might just be because a users profile info doesn't get the same exposure a forum post or status update gets so maybe I just haven't seen much of this sort of spam before.

Yeah true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nicnac By the way I was just referencing Drax in Avengers infinity war with the "Why is Gamora" scene.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MkaiL said:

@Nicnac By the way I was just referencing Drax in Avengers infinity war with the "Why is Gamora" scene.

yea I got that way too late ^^

 

My Folding Stats

 

X  Vigilo Confido  X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Maybe there should be a way to report a user profile? Without any status updates or forum posts there's no way to "Report" them...

 

I can't but help notice that you visited those links before... Confirmed that @Nicnac is the one behind the bots. /s

Even better would be making thread to Test Posts and reporting it. So any mod could see it instead of your favorite.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Even better would be making thread to Test Posts and reporting it. So any mod could see it instead of your favorite.

Feel free to report this one 

 

My Folding Stats

 

X  Vigilo Confido  X

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Even better would be making thread to Test Posts and reporting it. So any mod could see it instead of your favorite.

test your posts or the ones of the mods? because that last one exists already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing to see here ...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

 

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 512GB SU800 SSD Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

nothing to see here ...

as said, I actually tagged you when those profiles were just made. but can you actually just have any link in your profile as long as it's not porn or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

as said, I actually tagged you when those profiles were just made. but can you actually just have any link in your profile as long as it's not porn or something?

We're getting too many regular notifications, reports are in a different menu and those notifications never go away, so it's impossible to miss a report vs being tagged on a status update ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

 

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 512GB SU800 SSD Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

We're getting too many regular notifications, reports are in a different menu and those notifications never go away, so it's impossible to miss a report vs being tagged on a status update ;)

you actually reacted to that post. just like crunchy dragon. I think I've got you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

you actually reacted to that post. just like crunchy dragon. I think I've got you?

I know, but when we have about 20+ reports, we often do those first, then there's work and other things.

 

After I saw the post on the profile, I remembered I was supposed to close the account, but something must've happen before I could summon my ban hammer using my special ritual!

 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

 

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

 

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 512GB SU800 SSD Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×