ChromeCast can’t connect to network

MojangYang

Hi, guys. Recently we bought a google chrome cast. This one looks weird. There is the google logo on the device, but on the package it says “wireless hdmi dongle” and did not mention chromecast. After connecting the hdmi cable and usb power to our tv, we could see the display. I then connected my iPad to what looked like the built in router WiFi and server of the cast. I typed in an ipv4 address to my iPad and can change the settings and can screen mirror, but only when disconnected from my house WiFi and connected to the cast in WiFi settings, that means I will have to cast with no network. I saw in the settings of the chrome cast an option to connect to my home WiFi, but it does not detect any WiFi! How do I screen mirror while conected to my own network?

this is the best I can do to keep my language simple. Sorry!

I remembered it was ultra easy using android. 

installing google home, connect it to home wifi using link on screen and follow its steps

It sounds like you might have gotten a knock off maybe? You're not mirroring your screen, you're basically just streaming content to it. When you're in netflix or youtube, the chromecast button or logo, as you could call it, should be there and you select which device you want that content to start streaming to. Also, the chromecast should just connect to your wifi, it shouldn't act as its own router, because its supposed to function on your own home network.

2 hours ago, cliftonr31 said:

It sounds like you might have gotten a knock off maybe? You're not mirroring your screen, you're basically just streaming content to it. When you're in netflix or youtube, the chromecast button or logo, as you could call it, should be there and you select which device you want that content to start streaming to. Also, the chromecast should just connect to your wifi, it shouldn't act as its own router, because its supposed to function on your own home network.

Yes I think it’s a fake one. Because it has a logo that says “YEHUA” on the “home screen” and the users manual. It has many typos on the package too. Only costed 20 bucks

9 hours ago, MojangYang said:

Yes I think it’s a fake one. Because it has a logo that says “YEHUA” on the “home screen” and the users manual. It has many typos on the package too. Only costed 20 bucks

Definitely sounds like it might have been a knock off :/ I would try and get your money back! But I just saw the newest generation Chromecast on sale from the Google Express store so it's legit. Here's the link 

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/7335595226119728857_6008227780937006030_102760793?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt&gtim=CJnqvrvUxrDq5QEQiMCYxZWP_IimARjAndgQIgNVU0QooLOC4AUw2YKAMQ&utm_campaign=102760793&gclid=Cj0KCQiAxNnfBRDwARIsAJlH29CqejbzOTznz_IciQpdyiAMnx7ZNPTe9pLiRbHhf6msgdbe1JyiikMaAtVUEALw_wcB