New Sound Setup

Hagge

Btw, I got the MSI Mpower z77 motherboard.. its onboard audio is a good realtek according to many.. with THX software? So If I listen to you? I shoudlnt even consider buying a DAC/Soundcard?

I think you made a new topic instead of posting this in your original thread.

Everything I post is based of bits and pieces I've read somewhere else.

I have most likely never tested any of the things I recommend or advise against.

Think of me as a information relay, I read it, process it, then post it. 

When you're deciding to buy a DAC or not, it really just depends on the headphones you're using. Some don't need a standalone DAC, some do.

Spoiler

Do you feel like you need a soundcard ? It's your rig, if you're happy with the sound then why bother. If you're not happy with the sound then time to start looking at other options.

Do you feel like you need a soundcard ? It's your rig, if you're happy with the sound then why bother. If you're not happy with the sound then time to start looking at other options.

I think you made a new topic instead of posting this in your original thread.

Yea, noticed that -.- Sorry

Thats what im doing.. I mostly want a better mic quality, the onboard sound is fine, but it dosent give a Clean mic like a soundcard does.. I had phoebus once, and the mic was so freaking clear.. Crystal clear.. I returned it cause it got interference with other Components while I were playing games :/ So the mic got retarded :/

Yea, noticed that -.- Sorry

Thats what im doing.. I mostly want a better mic quality, the onboard sound is fine, but it dosent give a Clean mic like a soundcard does.. I had phoebus once, and the mic was so freaking clear.. Crystal clear.. I returned it cause it got interference with other Components while I were playing games :/ So the mic got retarded :/

If that's the case then you would probably benefit from a dedicated USB mic, like the snowflake or better.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So if I get a AKG 550 plus a USB mic, then I should overall have better sound than any other gaming headset out there? Lets say PC360 or Astro A40? Without a DAC?

I can start without a DAC, and when I need more Power? I can get a DAC?

So I've decided to get a AKG 550 + Samson Meteor mic? To start off with, then get a DAC if I want more Power? Is it a good start?

So I've decided to get a AKG 550 + Samson Meteor mic? To start off with, then get a DAC if I want more Power? Is it a good start?

sounds good.  Is there anyway you can listen to the headphones first before spending the cash or are you in one of those localities where the nearest display is like 1000 miles away?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

sounds good.  Is there anyway you can listen to the headphones first before spending the cash or are you in one of those localities where the nearest display is like 1000 miles away?

No display:( But I bought them, and im testing them atm... Never Heard such natural sound.. I mean they sound better than my 7H with phoebus I had like a year ago

When you're deciding to buy a DAC or not, it really just depends on the headphones you're using. Some don't need a standalone DAC, some do.

I think you mean amp...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think you mean an amp, no?

A DAC is a Digital to Analaog converter.

It will increase the volume as will an amp, but generally they're a little more expensive.

In a sentence, what is a DAC? 

A DAC, or digital to analogue converter, is a device that translates digitally stored information from a laptop, iPod or other such device into analogue signals, improving the quality of the sound and upping the volume in the process.

Why does a signal need to be converted at all?

While computers can understand digital signals, we as humans cannot, nor can your speakers or headphones. This is why we need a DAC to do this for us and send the same information in analogue signals; the better the DAC, the higher quality the conversion and therefore the better sound you’ll hear from your speakers!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think you mean an amp, no?

A DAC is a Digital to Analaog converter.

It will increase the volume as will an amp, but generally they're a little more expensive.

A DAC by itself produces no sound at all, it produces an analog signal with no volume which is then sent to an amp to be amplified and become audible.

Headset

A DAC by itself produces no sound at all, it produces an analog signal with no volume which is then sent to an amp to be amplified and become audible.

True.

The last portion of my post was from Cambridge Audio, not me.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler