Do you consider your PC parts as family?

IAmAndre

So I just sold my trusty GTX 750 for around $60. It's Black Friday, so I'm buying a laptop and saving money for a new workstation. Now the thing is I'm selling to a "hard-core gamer" who will use it on a crappy PC, and uses a DVI to VGA adapter. Ugh... Honestly I'm kinda sad now because I've been using this GPU for 4 years, it was my first ever GPU and PC build, I was broke at the time, so it means a lot. I wanted it to have a good second life. Well I like to tell myself that at least it will never run at 100% of its capabilities so it's a good retirement.

So do you have sentimental links with your PC parts too?

Not quite to my PC parts, but I do have that towards my game systems. I have quite a few duplicate consoles/handhelds, but I can hardly bring myself to sell these, because I would only want to sell them to someone who will appreciate them.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Not quite to my PC parts, but I do have that towards my game systems. I have quite a few duplicate consoles/handhelds, but I can hardly bring myself to sell these, because I would only want to sell them to someone who will appreciate them.

I kinda feel the same actually. It's either I make a lot of money selling it, or I sell it to someone who knows his stuff.

I get attached to things way too easily, I consider every item in my desk setup and my PC tower a part of my own family. They're mine, and I'm theirs.

I make bonds far too easily since I'm a super emotional person so like, I couldn't even part ways with my old Nexus 5 from way back! It'll be hard to sell my own stuff such as my GTX 1060, i5-8600K, and even the smolest things such as my smartwatch or even my old peripherals.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

They are definitely NOT my family. Collectively, they are My Preciousss!

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Parts, i dunno. But i consider my computer an organ of mine. Sure you can live without an arm, but would you? 

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I totally get this, i've built my pc from the ground up with my own money that i earned. It does hold great sentimental value to me so when I go for the 2080ti i might frame my two 980s

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s