Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Battlefield V (Buy or Pass?)

Crosseyed Sniper
 Share

Would you recommend BFV (For multi-player) right now?  

6 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you recommend BFV (For multi-player) right now?



This is only for those of you who have played a significant amount of BFV so far, what are your thoughts on the multi-player part of this game? I'm not talking about RTX, simply how the game is itself. Would you recommend it now, or should I hold off till it improves? Just curious.

 

Thanks for your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

This is only for those of you who have played a significant amount of BFV so far,

I am no statisctics major but i have to say:
If this is important, don't put it in the post. Make an option in the poll with 'I have not played the game and therefore can not give you advise'.

People will read the pole first, then the post since we read top to bottom in the western world

 

Always cover all options in a poll. Most twitter polls are stupid because they fail to satisfy this requirement.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like Battlefield, go for it. Except for the few minor-ish bugs it's just a better version of the previous titles in every regard. It's a lot more fun than 1 or 4.

Ryzen 2700, 16GB, GTX 1080, 1440p165hz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i played it all night last night and i loved it...if you liked BF1 you will love BF5

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

what are your thoughts on the multi-player part of this game?

Played multiplayer since day one  and I'm already done with it. Seen everything, done everything, unlocked everything that I care to unlock, consistently getting a top 5 spot on the scoreboard, etc.

 

From a technical perspective the multiplayer mode is very broken right now.

Glitching through or being able to see through walls? Totally happening.

Getting killed by the physics system while jumping over objects like fences? Absolutely a thing.

Level geometry like staircases disappearing in front of you or collision not working correctly causing you to fall through the floor? Certainly.

Vehicles completely spazzing out when driving over rocks or uneven ground? All the time.

 

Also besides the technical issues the weapon balance just isn't there yet. Some guns are just laughably over- or underpowered. The air support is just a meme right now. I consistently get 60+ kills in a round whenever I feel like hopping in a bomber and carpet bomb the living daylights out of everything that moves. Especially since most players haven't gotten very good a flying yet so its easy to consistently win dogfights even against attack planes. Seriously, bombers are even more overpowered than helicopters were in BF4.

What this game also really, really desperately needs is a sniper limit. I've recorded a situation where literally half my team was playing as wanna-be 'leet scout snipers sat down on some distant fuckin hills or rocks at the edges of the map literally doing nothing but causing us to lose the round.

 

But is the game good? Certainly. When it works as intended I think it has the potential to be great fun. As for me I think I'm going to give it another go in a month or so. Hopefully by that time DICE has decided to fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

Played multiplayer since day one  and I'm already done with it. Seen everything, done everything, unlocked everything that I care to unlock, consistently getting a top 5 spot on the scoreboard, etc.

 

From a technical perspective the multiplayer mode is very broken right now.

Glitching through or being able to see through walls? Totally happening.

Getting killed by the physics system while jumping over objects like fences? Absolutely a thing.

Level geometry like staircases disappearing in front of you or collision not working correctly causing you to fall through the floor? Certainly.

Vehicles completely spazzing out when driving over rocks or uneven ground? All the time.

 

Also besides the technical issues the weapon balance just isn't there yet. Some guns are just laughably over- or underpowered. The air support is just a meme right now. I consistently get 60+ kills in a round whenever I feel like hopping in a bomber and carpet bomb the living daylights out of everything that moves. Especially since most players haven't gotten very good a flying yet so its easy to consistently win dogfights even against attack planes. Seriously, bombers are even more overpowered than helicopters were in BF4.

What this game also really, really desperately needs is a sniper limit. I've recorded a situation where literally half my team was playing as wanna-be 'leet scout snipers sat down on some distant fuckin hills or rocks at the edges of the map literally doing nothing but causing us to lose the round.

 

But is the game good? Certainly. When it works as intended I think it has the potential to be great fun. As for me I think I'm going to give it another go in a month or so. Hopefully by that time DICE has decided to fix it.

That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for the info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a lot of time into it, but spent the night playing it with a buddy (admittedly on his Xbox) but I'm very "meh" on it.

There's bugs galore. Grenades and other explosives sometimes don't show the effects, and more commonly they just don't play sound. There's a lot of sound bugs actually, and even though we were using his TV speakers since he hasn't gotten an actual set yet, I could've sworn that things like tanks were on my left when they were in fact on the right. I've heard people talk about guns giving incorrect sounds so they sound further or closer than they really are.

 

One time I died and got stuck in the bleed-out state sliding around underneath the map for the last 3 minutes of the game. I think the menu wasn't registering me as alive so I couldn't redeploy from the menu. I just had to sit there.

 

A lot of people are very rightfully complaining about the time to die. It just breaks a lot of the time and you think you're fine, but just suddenly die. Battlefield 4 also slightly had this issue, but this is way worse.

 

The menu systems are hot dogshit. I didn't really understand why it was a complaint until I used it. It's now much harder to change your loadouts, not there's much to really change anyways. Weapons work on a skill tree system which I find fucking stupid, and he wasn't a high enough level or something to "reset" the skill tree to try to go for something else. I don't understand if you're supposed to have multiple guns with different skills, or if you can just freely swap them at some point. Either way I personally think it's stupid.

 

I didn't play it very much like I said, but I don't particularly understand the unlock system or why it even exists now. Like I said weapons are on skill trees and so you get the option between better movement aim or faster ads. Not only are these just straight upgrades making the gun effectively better than someone who doesn't have them, it reeks of Call of Duty's taint to me, along with calling in V1 rockets and other "killstreak" rewards. I guess it's limited to squad leaders though. It's just kind of an arbitrary system that I never like and aiming down sights should never be a slow process. That whole system just screams "We made the guns shit so you can try to use perks to make it not shit, but so much is shit you'll never fix it all with the limited perks."

 

A lot of the maps actually somehow look exceptionally bland, and enemies REALLY blend in to the background. What bothers me more is that all the stupid customization means that a sniper can look like a heavy machine gunner carrying around 5.56 ammo belts around his neck and ammo crates on his back. Or mortar shells. None of the classes look distinct anymore, and what's worse still is that between factions it can be difficult to tell people apart when they can wear the same type, color, and camo clothing as the other team, which makes you really rely on the team identifying triangles.

 

I know it's not a multiplayer thing per say, but there's a lot of screaming women. I just don't buy the WW2 British sniper being an Asian woman, and the constant screaming does get pretty annoying.

 

There doesn't really seem to be any real "fun" things to do like in BF4. The best you can do is... I don't know, challenge yourself with a shitty gun? In BF4 I killed snipers with flares by dropping M2 slams on them and tossing a flare at it, or counter-sniping across the map with a shotgun slug with a head shot... which DICE then nerfed for some reason. Or going for defib or torch kills. Y'know the kinds of things you do when you're bored and just want to fuck around.

 

My buddy also got really good with the helicopters, which obviously aren't in and he had the most fun with that, so it'll be at least another 2 years until they might have something with Helicopters again. But maybe they'll suck dick so it won't be any fun, who knows.

 

The only real big thing I like is that bullets actually go where you're aiming instead of the random bullet deviation in previous games. It makes mid to long range encounters much more manageable. There's more little things I personally don't particularly like, but it might be different for you.

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I don't have a lot of time into it, but spent the night playing it with a buddy (admittedly on his Xbox) but I'm very "meh" on it.

There's bugs galore. Grenades and other explosives sometimes don't show the effects, and more commonly they just don't play sound. There's a lot of sound bugs actually, and even though we were using his TV speakers since he hasn't gotten an actual set yet, I could've sworn that things like tanks were on my left when they were in fact on the right. I've heard people talk about guns giving incorrect sounds so they sound further or closer than they really are.

 

One time I died and got stuck in the bleed-out state sliding around underneath the map for the last 3 minutes of the game. I think the menu wasn't registering me as alive so I couldn't redeploy from the menu. I just had to sit there.

 

A lot of people are very rightfully complaining about the time to die. It just breaks a lot of the time and you think you're fine, but just suddenly die. Battlefield 4 also slightly had this issue, but this is way worse.

 

The menu systems are hot dogshit. I didn't really understand why it was a complaint until I used it. It's now much harder to change your loadouts, not there's much to really change anyways. Weapons work on a skill tree system which I find fucking stupid, and he wasn't a high enough level or something to "reset" the skill tree to try to go for something else. I don't understand if you're supposed to have multiple guns with different skills, or if you can just freely swap them at some point. Either way I personally think it's stupid.

 

I didn't play it very much like I said, but I don't particularly understand the unlock system or why it even exists now. Like I said weapons are on skill trees and so you get the option between better movement aim or faster ads. Not only are these just straight upgrades making the gun effectively better than someone who doesn't have them, it reeks of Call of Duty's taint to me, along with calling in V1 rockets and other "killstreak" rewards. I guess it's limited to squad leaders though. It's just kind of an arbitrary system that I never like and aiming down sights should never be a slow process. That whole system just screams "We made the guns shit so you can try to use perks to make it not shit, but so much is shit you'll never fix it all with the limited perks."

 

A lot of the maps actually somehow look exceptionally bland, and enemies REALLY blend in to the background. What bothers me more is that all the stupid customization means that a sniper can look like a heavy machine gunner carrying around 5.56 ammo belts around his neck and ammo crates on his back. Or mortar shells. None of the classes look distinct anymore, and what's worse still is that between factions it can be difficult to tell people apart when they can wear the same type, color, and camo clothing as the other team, which makes you really rely on the team identifying triangles.

 

I know it's not a multiplayer thing per say, but there's a lot of screaming women. I just don't buy the WW2 British sniper being an Asian woman, and the constant screaming does get pretty annoying.

 

There doesn't really seem to be any real "fun" things to do like in BF4. The best you can do is... I don't know, challenge yourself with a shitty gun? In BF4 I killed snipers with flares by dropping M2 slams on them and tossing a flare at it, or counter-sniping across the map with a shotgun slug with a head shot... which DICE then nerfed for some reason. Or going for defib or torch kills. Y'know the kinds of things you do when you're bored and just want to fuck around.

 

My buddy also got really good with the helicopters, which obviously aren't in and he had the most fun with that, so it'll be at least another 2 years until they might have something with Helicopters again. But maybe they'll suck dick so it won't be any fun, who knows.

 

The only real big thing I like is that bullets actually go where you're aiming instead of the random bullet deviation in previous games. It makes mid to long range encounters much more manageable. There's more little things I personally don't particularly like, but it might be different for you.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Your post pretty much sums up what I suspected, and it is really a shame. I've played every BF game (except for BF 2142 and Hardline) since the very beginning and have had some great times, but they seem to all start out unpolished and it takes them awhile to fix things. Hoping they listen to all the feedback and get this game going in the right direction.

 

Speaking of Battlefield 4, I received a surprising email the other day from EA asking me to take a brief Battlefield 4 survey. Basically asking me how they can improve it and such. Maybe we'll get an updated, more enhanced version of BF4 in the near future. Who knows for sure, but I wouldn't mind that. 

BF4.PNG.10c5eca275d19b46c693c770c5491208.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

Thanks for taking the time to post this. Your post pretty much sums up what I suspected, and it is really a shame. I've played every BF game (except for BF 2142 and Hardline) since the very beginning and have had some great times, but they seem to all start out unpolished and it takes them awhile to fix things. Hoping they listen to all the feedback and get this game going in the right direction.

 

Speaking of Battlefield 4, I received a surprising email the other day from EA asking me to take a brief Battlefield 4 survey. Basically asking me how they can improve it and such. Maybe we'll get an updated, more enhanced version of BF4 in the near future. Who knows for sure, but I wouldn't mind that. 

BF4.PNG.10c5eca275d19b46c693c770c5491208.PNG

An updated BF4 would be cool. The only ones I really have time in are the modern ones. I've dabbled in the others, but never touched 2142 either. The failure of Hardline is actually a huge disappointment, because they REALLY turned that game around and it had some awesome improvements over 4. By the end it was a really smooth and responsive game, but everyone had already left.

 

They might all start out rough but there's some weird bugs here that didn't seem present in any of the others. Oh, you still have trouble jumping over things too. Still haven't fixed that after at least 6 years.

Could BFV be great? I don't know. Maybe. A big question I have (Which I also had about BF1) is, why make a WW2 game if you're not going to make it play, look, or feel like a WW2 game? BF1 was invaded by full auto and other weapons that never really existed, so it sort of played more like WW2, but I'm not even sure what BFV is. They don't have any major WW2 events, which is frankly a bad decision, but whatever. The uniforms shouldn't be very customizable, and certainly not to the degree it currently is. WW2 uniforms were highly standardized.

 

I just remembered something else, I don't think I played on all the maps, but none of them really seem more vehicle focused like Golmud or Caspian. Vehicles seem to have a pretty small role, but on the maps where vehicles are present it's no longer the set amount and types of vehicles present, it's whatever you pick. So why wouldn't you just always pick the heavy Panzer tank or the BF109? I didn't mess with the tanks enough to get a good feel for them, but it's like choosing between the LAV and the MBT. Why would you not pick the heavier, more destructive vehicle?

#Muricaparrotgang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×