Incredibly sketchy, thin, and unverified next-generation larger iPhone frame photos surface

mgsstar

screen-shot-2014-01-08-at-1-44-54-pm.png
The latest iPhone model came out just a few months ago, so that means that rumors and speculation about the next model are already emerging. Sometimes reliable CTech posted the above snaps on Weibo. They and others believe that the above kit represents frames for the rumored larger-screened iPhone. While such a device is due out later this year, the above photos appear to be incredible sketchy in nature. They are also completely unverified by us. The frames also look particularly thin, but in the age of the iPad Air, maybe there is some truth behind the blur.

Source:http://9to5mac.com/2014/01/08/incredibly-sketchy-thin-and-unverified-next-generation-larger-iphone-frame-photos-surface/

If this were to be based on this design, I think it would be easily bent as it is really thin. Maybe they are planning to create iPhone Air? :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

What's sketchy about it? It's a CNC'd aluminium prototype chassis, nothing should be expected of it.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

That looks big or the guy's hand is too small...

Signatures are stupid.

Looks more like a potential S5

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

iPhone Pro.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Camera cutout and headphone jack. That's an iPhone, no doubt. Pretty sure he's got small hands, it's only a little bit larger, smaller than an S3 is my guess.

sysloc

Am I the only one that isn't super interested in phones getting thinner/lighter? My iPhone 5 is length thin enough. I would much rather have longer battery life or a better camera.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

Am I the only one that isn't super interested in phones getting thinner/lighter? My iPhone 5 is length thin enough. I would much rather have longer battery life or a better camera.

I'm on the same boat. When I was laptop shopping, I disregarded size and weight entirely for specs.

I usually put bulky cases on my phones is another reason I don't care.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm on the same boat. When I was laptop shopping, I disregarded size and weight entirely for specs.

I usually put bulky cases on my phones is another reason I don't care.

That might be why I am content with current phone thickness. I have and prefer a very thin case. It's a bit of a trade-off in terms of safety, but I am usually careful with my devices.

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

Sweet. I've been waiting for a larger sized iPhone.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D