Building my first PC /// Need Help

FamousBG

Hi guys.
-  I will probably go for 1440p Monitor, maybe 1080p if it is much cheaper for build.
-  I want to use it for lite photoshop/corel editing, gaming. I dont need to play maxed out games, i will play mainly fortnite now, but i want to be able to play new games if possible. 
-  I thought about getting i7-8700k and using its integrated UHD 630 graphics for some time, until i need better one for photoediting.. I had 740M in my ex laptop, and uhd is better, so i would be satisfed for some time... 
-  Is there any cheaper option than i7 8700k that can run all games at atleast 60 fps and have enough cache for photoshop (8mb?) ? 
I don't care about about rgb, i care about price.
If you could give me any pc suggestion, build ?
Thank you ahead.
///Won't be overlocking, want my warranty///

///Edit: I thought about getting Gigabyte Z390 Pro, but if Z370 is cheaper and not much worse i would get it, or any other suggestion ? ///

• If you care about price, you should include it.
  • If you want us to help, we need to know what country you're in.
  • Overclocking doesn't void your warranty.
  • Only bother with a list if you're building now (not sure if you mean you're building in half a year, or you've wanted to build for half a year).

Welcome to the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

come back when you are building. 6 months from now, prices have changed, new products will be out and much more.

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:
  • If you care about price, you should include it.
  • If you want us to help, we need to know what country you're in.
  • Overclocking doesn't void your warranty.
  • Only bother with a list if you're building now (not sure if you mean you're building in half a year, or you've wanted to build for half a year).

Welcome to the forum.

-  I live in Bosnia, but I am getting parts from Deutschland etc because they are much cheaper.
-  Wanted to buy it for half a year and now i am buying it.
-  Is Z390 worth versus Z370, does it have something that makes pc faster or is it just more ports ? Or should i go for something           completly diffrent ?
-  Is i7 8700K overkill for lite Photoediting and gaming on 1440p ? Can i get something cheaper that will server its purpose ?
-  Are all GTX 1080 Ti same for regular consumer, without overlocking, without caring of fan noise and stuff like that ?
Those are my questions about pc i was planning to build, but if you suggestion something completly diffrent for that purpose, i would be glad to her you opinion.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

come back when you are building. 6 months from now, prices have changed, new products will be out and much more.

I am building it now, i wanted to build it for 6 months now. Sorry for bad expression

Just now, FamousBG said:

I am building it now, i wanted to build it for 6 months now. Sorry for bad expression

what is you budget in Euroes?

Just now, GoldenLag said:

what is you budget in Euroes?

1750 e

12 minutes ago, FamousBG said:

-  I live in Bosnia, but I am getting parts from Deutschland etc because they are much cheaper.
-  Wanted to buy it for half a year and now i am buying it.
-  Is Z390 worth versus Z370, does it have something that makes pc faster or is it just more ports ? Or should i go for something           completly diffrent ?
-  Is i7 8700K overkill for lite Photoediting and gaming on 1440p ? Can i get something cheaper that will server its purpose ?
-  Are all GTX 1080 Ti same for regular consumer, without overlocking, without caring of fan noise and stuff like that ?
Those are my questions about pc i was planning to build, but if you suggestion something completly diffrent for that purpose, i would be glad to her you opinion.

• No, Z390 doesn't give you any more performance over Z370.
  • You can probably get away with something Ryzen based if you're looking for more budget friendly offerings. I don't know what works best for PS, I only know that you need a lot of RAM.
  • You don't need a 1080Ti if you're just looking to play games at lower settings.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:
  • No, Z390 doesn't give you any more performance over Z370.
  • You can probably get away with something Ryzen based if you're looking for more budget friendly offerings. I don't know what works best for PS, I only know that you need a lot of RAM.
  • You don't need a 1080Ti if you're just looking to play games at lower settings.

Do you have build suggestion ? 
What motherboard, cpu, gpu ?

24 minutes ago, FamousBG said:

Do you have build suggestion ? 
What motherboard, cpu, gpu ?

Not really since I don't use PS and I don't have any idea which CPU is best for it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

In terms of the 8700k, id say its a bit overkill. I personally wouldn't recommend using a CPU's integrated graphics. If you are looking for 1080p-1440p gaming, you can use a less powerful CPU, and a decent Graphics card to achieve 60fps. Heck, I've got a friend running a core i5 6500, and and a 1060 6GB, and is running plenty of games at 60fps+.

I'd focus your CPU primarily on your Photo editing, and what specs you need for that. If you don't need to play games at max settings, then you definitely can go for something lighter than a 8700k. Additionally, I'd recommend a 1060 3GB, or a 1050 ti, if you don't need the highest graphical settings.

Either of those cards paired with a somewhat decent CPU should be fine if you are looking for 1080p Gaming.

1440p Gaming may be a little more expensive if you are looking for at least 60fps in some titles. Of course, turning down some graphical settings will benefit the frame rate a fair bit. So, your best bet is looking up some benchmarks, with a CPU paired with a GPU that you would consider both of to get an idea of real-world performance.

I hope I could be of help!

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 2700x
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
  • RAM
    G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) 3200MHz
  • GPU
    Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R6 White TG
  • Storage