How to download software from steam without steam client?

Hi,

Can anybody help me? Is there a way to download a software that is only available on steam, without having to download and install steam client?

The reason is that, our organization blocks steam so I cannot connect online. I manage to install OpenVPN but somehow I cannot login, it throws an "Cannot login" error.

I also tried to search online whether its available somewhere but it seems it's only available on steam.

It's not just a regular software, I really need it and I feel like it's required in my life.

The software is Wallpaper Engine BTW...

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K ( raped to 4.4Ghz) | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix

Case: Fractal Design DefineR3Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100 & 1TB Samsung Whatevs | Display(s): ASUS MG279Q1x Cheap LG Shit

PSU: Corsair HX650 or something | Cooling: Corsair H80i | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure | Sound: SoundBlaster Recon3D PCI-e

only if the program is offered on another platform or standalone

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Maybe if you can use some other means to connect to the internet? Can you access to steam? If you still cannot, then it is the system you are using that denial you from connecting to steam.

If you can connect to steam using other internet connection, you should be able to use the software after you downloaded it from steam.

4 minutes ago, Arika S said:

only if the program is offered on another platform or standalone

I don't think Wallpaper Engine is available on another platform. Also there's no download link anywhere that I found online. Come to think of it, the only way you can download wallpapers in Wallpaper Engine is through Steam Workshop. So I assume it's only available through steam?

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K ( raped to 4.4Ghz) | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix

Case: Fractal Design DefineR3Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100 & 1TB Samsung Whatevs | Display(s): ASUS MG279Q1x Cheap LG Shit

PSU: Corsair HX650 or something | Cooling: Corsair H80i | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure | Sound: SoundBlaster Recon3D PCI-e

Just now, w1nger1 said:

Maybe if you can use some other means to connect to the internet? Can you access to steam? If you still cannot, then it is the system you are using that denial you from connecting to steam.

If you can connect to steam using other internet connection, you should be able to use the software after you downloaded it from steam.

Actually, I can connect to steam if I connect my iPhone to my PC and use internet tethering. It's just that it very troublesome to do... Specially if I'm in the middle of the work and suddenly I want "Miku-chan" wallpaper in my second monitor.

20 minutes ago, EnVy_28 said:

Hi,

Can anybody help me? Is there a way to download a software that is only available on steam, without having to download and install steam client?

The reason is that, our organization blocks steam so I cannot connect online. I manage to install OpenVPN but somehow I cannot login, it throws an "Cannot login" error.

I also tried to search online whether its available somewhere but it seems it's only available on steam.

It's not just a regular software, I really need it and I feel like it's required in my life.

The software is Wallpaper Engine BTW...

My question for you is, should you really be installing software on a work computer without permission from your manager or IT department?

Just now, Danielx64 said:

My question for you is, should you really be installing software on a work computer without permission from your manager or IT department?

I mean, there's really nothing in our contract that prevents me from installing third-party software, as long as it's not malicious....

Your work's network likely blocks access to steam and to VPN sites (as both are vulnerabilities). 

Your only option is to use a different internet connection. (Your phone.)

4 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Your work's network likely blocks access to steam and to VPN sites (as both are vulnerabilities). 

And that would lead back to my question that I asked before.

should not be a problem, I've used steam over OpenVPN and some other forms of VPN as well and they never fails.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition