Lack of Diablo/Blizzard drama on WAN show

Larkerx

Hey everyone,

so now that new WAN show came out, with Luke in it, I am honestly disappointed by the lack of coverage of the whole Diablo thing. It is not just me wanting blood etc. I am genuinely interested in their opinion of what the hell is going on, especially regarding hundreds of thousands of dislikes disappearing, comments doing some random things, beyond terrible PR and damage control. When EA did their BS, it was in WAN show like 3 times, and to be honest, not many people care about EA that much, compared to Blizzard.

Just some facts: 

• Diablo immortal trailer one of the most negative like/dislike ratio ever
  • Comments being deleted/readded/behaving super funny
  • Dislike being removed
  • A huge audience of super hardcore Blizzard fans booing at Blizzcon
  • Blizzard saying "Don't you guys have phones" is like the most insulting line I ever heard from a company
  • The game itself rumored to be just a reskinned copy, not even developed by Blizzard
  • Activision stock taking a dive in response to this

I feel like this is a valid discussion, which we should have already had, damn, that's why I love WAN Show.

Tech news not gaming news.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Because everything that needed to be said on that topic was already covered by people who are in the gaming news side of the spectrum.

They are a TECH news show, yes they can sometimes talk about games, but it ain't tech. We're not watching WAN show to know what they think of a particular game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Tech news not gaming news.

EA on WAN Show? Doesn't ring a bell? There is plenty of things which relate to tech covered. Gaming talk is super common in WAN Show, there are many other topics, which relate to tech way less, which get covered

People love to bash EA. That's why it got more coverage; it likely would have gotten more views.

I don't see how it's insulting for them to say that. They worked their asses off to make a mobile game they thought people would want, and they got huge backlash. It's not like they were saying people don't have phones, it was an offhand comment that showed how surprised they were that many people disliked the mobile attempt.

Don't think that the stock dropping is because of Diablo alone. What about Destiny, and it's lackluster performance? There are many other metrics than this that caused the drop in stocks.

Personally, I think it's all hilarious. It's also likely the vocal minority, yet again, looking like the majority. Wait a quarter or two. See how the game does.

If it smashes sales and makes a huge amount of money, it was the right choice. Period.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

People love to bash EA. That's why it got more coverage; it likely would have gotten more views.

I don't see how it's insulting for them to say that. They worked their asses off to make a mobile game they thought people would want, and they got huge backlash. It's not like they were saying people don't have phones, it was an offhand comment that showed how surprised they were that many people disliked the mobile attempt.

Don't think that the stock dropping is because of Diablo alone. What about Destiny, and it's lackluster performance? There are many other metrics than this that caused the drop in stocks.

Personally, I think it's all hilarious. It's also likely the vocal minority, yet again, looking like the majority. Wait a quarter or two. See how the game does.

If it smashes sales and makes a huge amount of money, it was the right choice. Period.

I think that you are right to a certain extent. But you could make counter arguments to most of them. 

• People always loved Blizzard compared to other companies
  • Stock dropping can be caused by a variety of things, but it is not like Diablo is not a part of it
  • Working their asses off...well, it does seem like a reskinned game, great when you need to do number two
  • Maybe it is a minority, but it is by no mean just Diablo fans, for instance, I have never played Diablo in my life
  • Making a lot of money in short-term doesn't have to be the best thing 

All I am saying, there is a discussion to be had, which is why I would like to see it covered on the show.

Because nobody cares. What more is there to say? Blizz announced a mobile diablo, nobody wants it, the end.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Larkerx said:

I think that you are right to a certain extent. But you could make counter arguments to most of them. 

• People always loved Blizzard compared to other companies
  • Stock dropping can be caused by a variety of things, but it is not like Diablo is not a part of it
  • Working their asses off...well, it does seem like a reskinned game, great when you need to do number two
  • Maybe it is a minority, but it is by no mean just Diablo fans, for instance, I have never played Diablo in my life
  • Making a lot of money in short-term doesn't have to be the best thing 

All I am saying, there is a discussion to be had, which is why I would like to see it covered on the show.

People that have played it have said there are similarities, yes. But honestly, what do you expect? When you design the layout of a mobile game, there are certain places where the controls just make sense. Why move them and make it a less ergonomic experience? Or harder to play? Doesn't make much sense, right?

If you've never played Diablo before, why do you care? Moreover, why should your opinion matter if you're not, and never have been invested in the franchise?

Who says it's short-term? Look at Hearthstone. It makes insane money; almost more, if not more than full fledged Diablo did in the same amount of time.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

People that have played it have said there are similarities, yes. But honestly, what do you expect? When you design the layout of a mobile game, there are certain places where the controls just make sense. Why move them and make it a less ergonomic experience? Or harder to play? Doesn't make much sense, right?

If you've never played Diablo before, why do you care? Moreover, why should your opinion matter if you're not, and never have been invested in the franchise?

Who says it's short-term? Look at Hearthstone. It makes insane money; almost more, if not more than full fledged Diablo did in the same amount of time.

Apart from me believing, that no matter who has an opinion, it should be judged only on its merits, I have played WOW for years, SC, SC2, WC3, Overwatch, so I kinda did spend a lot of money on Blizzard, so I am worried about the direction they are headed. 

It doesn't have to make a lot of money short-term, but given the blizzard and their games are going it does seem like a beginning to an end.

I do not know if the game is a reskin or not, ever played it nor ever will. Again, maybe that is why I would like it to be discussed? 

21 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Because nobody cares. What more is there to say? Blizz announced a mobile diablo, nobody wants it, the end.

I sure would like to know, why 200 000ish of disliked disappeared, it seems it might be at least mildly interesting to others as well.

7 minutes ago, Larkerx said:

I sure would like to know, why 200 000ish of disliked disappeared, it seems it might be at least mildly interesting to others as well.

They reuploaded the video, oldest trick in the book.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

They reuploaded the video, oldest trick in the book.

They did, but that did not help at all, that is not where the removed dislikes drama is from. It was at like 400k dislike, you check back in 3 hours, it has 350k. Also people claiming they disliked it like 4 times, cause it always dissapeared after couple of hours

It'd be late to address the story, but as it is... I'm not really a fan of indulging overly entitled gamers who think every new title has to be for them.  Blizzard clearly misjudged the BlizzCon audience, and there's no guarantee Immortal will be good, but good gawd you'd think Blizzard had shouted "Diablo 4 is never happening" based on all the whining.  I don't think LTT needs to wade into that cesspool.

WAN show isn't a show that has to cover controversial topics. They don't have to cover anything they don't want to

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Most fans are probably going to buy it anyway, who cares. 

17 hours ago, Larkerx said:

They did, but that did not help at all, that is not where the removed dislikes drama is from. It was at like 400k dislike, you check back in 3 hours, it has 350k. Also people claiming they disliked it like 4 times, cause it always dissapeared after couple of hours

Again - so what? That might almost be considered news in a diablo centric community, but never outside one.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*