European Parliament has voted for `The Copyright Directive`, I have one question

Hello!

So, recently I found out that the European Parliament has voted for `The Copyright Directive`, articles 11 and 13...

Does this mean, if a person lives in Europe, and wants to record a videogame, example gta 5, is the person allowed to do this at this state or no, and upload the footage on YouTube?

I do not fully understand what is going on with this, so if someone could kindly explain to me what the hell is going on with this...

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Dominik999 said:

Hello!

So, recently I found out that the European Parliament has voted for `The Copyright Directive`, articles 11 and 13...

Does this mean, if a person lives in Europe, and wants to record a videogame, example gta 5, is the person allowed to do this at this state or no, and upload the footage on YouTube?

I do not fully understand what is going on with this, so if someone could kindly explain to me what the hell is going on with this...

Thanks!

The European Parliament has not passed the new Copyright Directive, with articles 11 and 13. It is currently in negotiation between the parliament, the EU commission, and the council (ministers from the member states). It will likely come up for a final vote early next year.

We don't know exactly what the proposal will look like when it comes up for that final vote - negotiations could change it.

In its most recent form, the proposal would not affect the situation you're talking about. If it's allowed today, it would be allowed with the proposed directive.

The only difference is if it is not allowed today, and they have had the clip taken down before, Youtube will be obligated to use a filter to block you from uploading it again (to the best of their efforts).

There is so much missinformation about this. The directive doesn't stop people from uploading to YouTube at all.

It's YouTube that threatening to stop allow Europeans to upload if it goes through, because it would cost then more money/give them less income. They want people to fight against it because then they don't have to spend more/have less income.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

12 hours ago, Dominik999 said:

European Parliament has voted for `The Copyright Directive`

You would have to ask them, or read what they wrote in the documents.