can one missing case stand-off cause interference with the audio jackets?

so since my new build is complete, i only have one issue with it, and it's that the motherboard audio jackets make buzz/hum sound on my headsets.

it's only noticeable when my headset notch is above 40%, still, i'd like to max it out nevertheless, luckily i still have the front jackets that work flawless, but still annoying that there is interference on back motherboard jacks.

My case also shipped with pre-installed stand offs, however one was still missing in the yellow area, would this really make a grounding issue here?

I also searched google, ending up on the asrock forum.... with someone explaining :

"I think I solved the problem. Fractal case came only with 8 motherboard standoffs,  however motherboard has places for 9. So I swapped top mid standoff to slot near audio section and video card (standoff place for mATX board). Now I do not have interference, at least with my quick testing. So problem was some kind of grounding issue.

I don't understand why fractal does not give any additional standoffs...

I hope this helps if others have same kind of problems"

Untitled.png.22fa619d6fb14ac829e0bc33f2b2718a.png

Build :

Taichi z390

Seasonic Focus GOLD 850w

2080ti

EVGA CL240

16GB DDR4 Corsair@2800mhz

Lian Li 011

Powered by 14 Noctua fans.

put a standoff there and see if it fixes it . although i can't imagine that would cause audio buzz

1 minute ago, emosun said:

put a standoff there and see if it fixes it . although i can't imagine that would cause audio buzz

That's what i thought too, i've tried most of the things, everything from devices disconnected, GPU out, clean cable management so nothing is touching anything.

Even asrock is running out of idea's, they most likely will tell me to RMA the board, which i will gladly deny.

Will try putting the stand-off in to see if it does anything.

managed to reduce it quite a bit, by re-seating the motherboard, and putting the 9th stand-off in the motherboard, also tried to re-plug some connections.

However now it only happens with mouse movement only and clicking, scrolling. :S

Also, when opening EVGA Flow Control and X1 it make's strange noise upon opening, what could this be here? PSU, Motherboard?

Edit : when putting the power plan to "High performance" the noise coming out of my headset is pretty loud, when changing to "Balanced" almost none can be heard.... strange...

Update, when putting the power setting to "Power Saver" the noise is completely gone, with the CPU running at 800mhz...