I am a computer scrub and dont know where to post this

Firstly i am an amd scrub go easy on my lack of knowledge.

I received a prebuilt amd desktop as a "pitty" gift from a friend. I am of the majority that cant afford the 600$ for an ok gaming pc so i was curious if it was worth it to simply upgrade this pc i got.

the model number is [cm1745-05] from Asus, and everything in it is pretty much stock aside from the windows 10 i put on it.

I just want better frames and loading times from this pc, So my first thought was upgrading the gfx card, but then Im sure i would be bottlenecked by the apu thats in it. i know an ssd would be an inevitable purchase, but alas i am at a loss and confused so im just looking for your insight and suggestions please.

What's your budget?

Unless you go with an RX 560 or a GTX 1050/1050ti, you'll also need a PSU upgrade (IMO).

You might need more RAM too (if it only has 4GB), and as you said, a good SSD would definitely help.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Could you check which exact CPU model you have? These were sold with mostly AMD A8-5xxx and A10-5xxx processors. While they're all quad cores from 2012 the A10s are a tad faster, or not as slow. 

I agree with @wkdpaul otherwise. GTX1050 or 1050Ti (without power connector as your PSU probably doesn't have the cable for it) would be as high as you should go. SSD is always a good idea (Crucial BX500 is a great budget SSD).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, dethlovesme said:

cm1745-05

For starters, please verify these are indeed the specs it comes with

https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-cm-series-cm1745-tower-a8-5500-3-2-ghz-8-gb-1-tb/specs/

We will discuss options from there...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Here are the specs as told by cpu-z or cpu-id

DESKTOP-HMERBJ1.txt

Edit: one of my hdd's is corrupted, or i thought it was corrupt since windows doesn't pick it up.

So judging by the responses so far i need to upgrade the apu first and then the gfx card to something better or equivalent to a 1050ti? 

What would be the best bang for the buck for my upgrades to this build?

@Radium_Angel

@NelizMastr

@wkdpaul

sorry for the postponed responses guys

16 minutes ago, dethlovesme said:

Here are the specs as told by cpu-z or cpu-id

DESKTOP-HMERBJ1.txt

Edit: one of my hdd's is corrupted, or i thought it was corrupt since windows doesn't pick it up.

So judging by the responses so far i need to upgrade the apu first and then the gfx card to something better or equivalent to a 1050ti? 

There's no upgrade path for this PC, CPU wise. For now, I'd say get a GPU like the GTX1050Ti and start saving up for a new PC.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

There's no upgrade path for this PC, CPU wise. For now, I'd say get a GPU like the GTX1050Ti and start saving up for a new PC.

really? the board wont support a cpu upgrade or it would just be to expensive?

Edit: so this is what im looking for right?  {gtx1050ti newegg}

5 minutes ago, dethlovesme said:

really? the board wont support a cpu upgrade or it would just be to expensive?

You could go to an A10, but it won't net you much. The fastest chip for FM2 that'll likely work with this prebuilt is the A10-6700.

new gfx 1050tigtx1050ti

11 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

You could go to an A10, but it won't net you much. The fastest chip for FM2 that'll likely work with this prebuilt is the A10-6700.

So if i did decide to upgrade the cpu to an a10 could i get a better gfx card? 

this is the gfx card i am looking for right? gfx 1050ti

4 hours ago, dethlovesme said:

new gfx 1050tigtx1050ti

So if i did decide to upgrade the cpu to an a10 could i get a better gfx card? 

this is the gfx card i am looking for right? gfx 1050ti

The bang for the buck would be a video card and a Solid State Drive, both of which you could use on your next build. Add moree DDR3 RAM *only if* you get a smoking deal on it, since you can't use it on your next build.

The CPU is fine right now, upgrading that will give you diminishing returns and the money spent better elsewhere

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

The bang for the buck would be a video card and a Solid State Drive, both of which you could use on your next build. Add moree DDR3 RAM *only if* you get a smoking deal on it, since you can't use it on your next build.

The CPU is fine right now, upgrading that will give you diminishing returns and the money spent better elsewhere

Thank you very much! i appreciate everyone's replies a ton!

10 minutes ago, dethlovesme said:

Thank you very much! i appreciate everyone's replies a ton!

Absolutely, we are here for YOU! if you need anything further.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Absolutely, we are here for YOU! if you need anything further.

Actualy I have one more question, would >>This<< Card be completely compatible with the sytem. seems to be the best specked card for the best price i could see. Better safe then sorry..

Actually, when I build a new system, I hardly ever spend $600 to build it out. I have always managed to build a new system for around $300-400 and it will usually play anything out at the time and continue to play anything for the next 4-5 years.

My last build was around $550-600 only because I actually splurged on a case for it since I found one that was designed for my "philosophy" on cooling.  For a LONG LONG time I have always ran my systems "open air", taking off the sides of it and loosing all the fans and run with only CPU/GPU/PSU fans.  Convection alone is enough to circulate cool air in and warm air out of the "open air" case while the actual component fans do what they do.  Hot air rises out sucking in cool air as it leaves.  Got the Aerocool Strike-X case and at the time it was like $160-$170 so actually, I still built the "system" for $430-$430.  All parts were new. Linus did a review on the case - Linus's Review of AeroCool Strike-X Case

Every other build I used my junk..... i mean parts pile so old tower, mouse, keyboard, Hard Drives ect and basically for a new system I am left with buying a new MoBo/RaM/CPU/GfX with $350-450 as my target price.

Every system I built has come off Ebay.  My first PC was a $1300 system from Circuit City.  Believe it was 700mz Compaq and cant even begin to remember the ram or anything, but 700mz for the cpu lol.  I decided after that crap I would never buy a pre-built system EVER again...... and.... my first build was AMD 1.2gz cpu system. And every build has come from Ebay.

Whatever you decide to do, the best price will be caught by looking for a "combo" buy.  MoBo/CPU/Memory combo.  Will usually get a good price, new products and all shipped in 1 box (usually today you can find free shipping) and the good thing about combo is that you KNOW the components are compatible with each other. So essentially what you are left with is to find a GfX card to shop for.  Do not get caught up in the motherboard stats and such as in a gaming system GfX card is key stats to beef up along with your RaM stats.  Do not worry about the "core count" in a CPU as dual core is totally fine for gaming but now quad core (i think) is the bottom rung of a descent CPU (have not "shopped" for 5 years or so as my system still runs everything just fine.  

So..... if you are planning on spending $350-400  or anywhere close to that to upgrade the one given to you, then go for a "new" system as you now have the "frame" to build it in.  All you need is a phillips screwdriver as your tools.  I would suggest that you take apart the system you have currently and re-assemble it.  Remove all cards, memory, remove motherboard from the case and PSU from case. Just strip it down and assemble it again and boot it up.  With the combo deals now days you probably will not have to mess with installing the CPU/heatsink as it will already be installed into the board (most of the time),

This will not get you a "top of the line" system but..... you should end up with mid grade parts for a very attractive price spent and still have enough "power" to stomp it on games.  

One thing I have noticed..... I have been seeing more and more people using Intel to build their game systems lately.  Does this mean Intel is actually competition for AMD for gaming now? Or has AMD moved on to concentrate on the Server and Compute Power market now?  This is something to look into before you choose CPU platform to build.

This is how I build my new systems and it has worked system after system after system and I am sure others will have different opinions but this method has been solid for many many years and the price range pretty much stays the same for every build.

10 hours ago, dethlovesme said:

So if i did decide to upgrade the cpu

It won't help much.

What is your budget for this? GPU and everything.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

13 hours ago, dethlovesme said:

Actualy I have one more question, would >>This<< Card be completely compatible with the sytem. seems to be the best specked card for the best price i could see. Better safe then sorry..

As long as you have the power cable (6 pin) to power it you should be fine.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:14 PM, MandoPanda said:

It won't help much.

What is your budget for this? GPU and everything.

a couple hundred. as cheap as possible, and spread out